IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

If he continues playing 2 fucking defensive midfielders the whole time against weaker teams then yeah maybe we might have to reconsider....

Thats the problem with him - he cant do anything else... One trick pony... Hope he figures out a plan B before P45

Yes - I know it's 1-1 - but if anybody is encouraged by our first half display... then....

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF Robbie keeps picking Torres and backing him as much as he has so far it will cost him his job. At least AVB had the balls to drop Torres. Also our 4-2-3-1 is far too predictable. Going fucking 4-3-3 once in a while wouldn't be too bad.

With the turn of the year coming up he has very little time to prove himself again. His tactics are getting found out and we aren't winning games we should be. Peps lurking too and we all know Roman wants him so I expect talks to begin in January unless Roman's delighted with RDM... so its up to him to stay in a job.

I don't think it really matters what system we play. It's the personnel we employ. Today we played with 2 holding midfielders and it showed. Passing the ball was fine untill we reached the half way line. Then they just didn't know what to do.

Hazard was playing on the nr 10 position but barely received any balls on that position. He constantly had to drop deep to receive the ball. If you want to get the best of Hazard when he's playing on the 10 you need to play him between the lines. Not have him drop deep and distribute the ball. After half an hour he was put back on the wing so he could finally receive some decent balls in a forward area.

With Mata and Oscar we looked a little bit better but i still didn't see any sort of recognisable system.

They just seem to run everywhere. There's just no line in our way of play. There's nothing on which our players can get their bearings.

I don't think it really matters what system we play. It's the personnel we employ. Today we played with 2 holding midfielders and it showed. Passing the ball was fine untill we reached the half way line. Then they just didn't know what to do.

Hazard was playing on the nr 10 position but barely received any balls on that position. He constantly had to drop deep to receive the ball. If you want to get the best of Hazard when he's playing on the 10 you need to play him between the lines. Not have him drop deep and distribute the ball. After half an hour he was put back on the wing so he could finally receive some decent balls in a forward area.

With Mata and Oscar we looked a little bit better but i still didn't see any sort of recognisable system.

They just seem to run everywhere. There's just no line in our way of play. There's nothing on which our players can get their bearings.

True. Very frustrating indeed.

I am fully behind RDM, but as far as his long term future is concerned i am going to trust Roman to make that decision. Jose aside he hasn't got any wrong so far.

I was up in arms when Carlo and AVB got the chop, both turned out to be the right decision's so i have learned to trust Roman, after all he loves the club just like we do.

Imo Pep can't come soon enough.And imo RDM should've went with Drogba, after 1-2 months of shit (and no doubt it's coming) he won't be even as loved as he was at the end of last season.

Well, You should respect RDM a lot more. He was the best option for that moment, I still believe he is the best option right now, and he is doing at least a decent job. Not sure if I would let Guardiola scape, though.

I find it really difficult to judge RDM when he doesn't have a world class striker...lots of times we play well, crosses are there, passes are there and shots are there, but goals are not...goalkeepers also tend to have storming matches against us...if Sturridge scored today when he went 1on1 I'm pretty sure we would have won. There were also a few chances against Liverpool where we could've simply won the game and also killed it of early but yet again, we failed to find the back of the net...

I won't blame Robbie for that because we know that he club wanted to bring another striker before this season. There were approaches for Higuain, Lewandowski, Cavani, Shurrle and Falcao, yet we didn't manage to bring anyone in probably due to the board refusing to let clubs pull our titties again which I applaud.

I'm really anxious to see what will happen in January and who will lead our front line in the 2nd half of the season.

I really can't understand why people blame RDM for playing two holding midfielders in the double pivot. If Ramires was tired and wasn't able to play 90 minutes, then how many options did we have? We have three central midfielders, one was tired, so RDM really had to play Mikel with Romeu, because we have no depth at that position. And believe me, even Guardiola can't do miracles with three central midfielders at the moment..