IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, what is our Plan B supposed to be?

A different system? Emphasize on wing play? Emphasize on hitting the opponents on the break? Playing with a false 9?

The point is we need a plan B. To do something different when the first approach isn't working. We can't just constantly hope one of the AMs will save the day when things aren't going well.

Edit: And in case you didn't realize, I'm not saying we should fire RDM or our recent results are all his fault.

Actually RDM has no plan A to start.Or maybe he has something of a "plan" that concludes playing 10 men behind the ball even vs average teams and on counterattack wait and hope someone of Hazard, Oscar, Mata to do something .. mostly on his own.Ah yes and I forgot about his great plan B -score from corners/freekicks.Great job Robbie u are no doubt the man to take Chelsea forward.

To europa league.

A different system? Emphasize on wing play? Emphasize on hitting the opponents on the break? Playing with a false 9?

The point is we need a plan B. To do something different when the first approach isn't working. We can't just constantly hope one of the AMs will save the day when things aren't going well.

Worth a try but having a striker like Torres upfront isn't going to help flanked by 2 wingers/wide players.

I've always said he isn't, and the main reason people defend him so much is due to sentiment (him being a past player of ours).

If it was Paul Lambert managing us and everything was going exactly the same as they are now, would people be defending him so much? Probably not.

Edit: And in case you didn't realize, I'm not saying we should fire RDM or our recent results are all his fault.

Maybe having a striker that actually scores goals will solve the problem...

Liverpool have Suarez...United have (cough)...we HAD Drogba.

Since our striker who scores goals has left, we need a new one.

1 more 50 mill this winter please, Roman.

hes no mourinho or SAF but give him a good striker 70% of the problems will be solved.. a lot of concerns are there but for me a striker is the main issue....

No, not really.

His set up is all wrong. He has the players now to sit higher up the ground and focus on maintaining more possession, yet, we are one of the worst pressing teams in the league.

RDM is brilliant as a defensive coordinator, or when we go up against teams like Real Madrid, Bayern or Barca. But, he hasn't got a clue what to do with all this attacking prowess. At the moment hes sacrificing the best of both worlds with the attack and defense. We have the players now to play the way AVB intended to play when he initially got here. We shouldn't be giving up 57% possession to a team like Liverpool at home.

No, not really.

His set up is all wrong. He has the players now to sit higher up the ground and focus on maintaining more possession, yet, we are one of the worst pressing teams in the league.

RDM is brilliant as a defensive coordinator, or when we go up against teams like Real Madrid, Bayern or Barca. But, he hasn't got a clue what to do with all this attacking prowess. At the moment hes sacrificing the best of both worlds with the attack and defense. We have the players now to play the way AVB intended to play when he initially got here. We shouldn't be giving up 57% possession to a team like Liverpool at home.

Amen.The way RDM sets the team to defend is disgraceful and epic waste of talent.You give him a Ferrari and he drives it like a Fiat.

Amen.The way RDM sets the team to defend is disgraceful and epic waste of talent.You give him a Ferrari and he drives it like a Fiat.

Jesus......................... Sometimes, I really do understand why opposition fans call ours plastic. Not that I care the slightest, but this is just plain stupid.

Please enlighten us all how a manager like Guardiola will change it, and increase the gelling process of our Trinity? What will he do differently than Di Matteo? It is SO easy to express concern and criticism, without any proposals to what the solution will be. You propose we swap manager. Very well, then tell us what difference it'll make to our team, then we can discuss it. Until then, you are just another bandwagon success lusting fan, whom needs to find a scapegoat for our latest run of results.

No, not really.

Isnt that ironic, considering he played as a striker

Jesus......................... Sometimes, I really do understand why opposition fans call ours plastic. Not that I care the slightest, but this is just plain stupid.

Please enlighten us all how a manager like Guardiola will change it, and increase the gelling process of our Trinity? What will he do differently than Di Matteo? It is SO easy to express concern and criticism, without any proposals to what the solution will be. You propose we swap manager. Very well, then tell us what difference it'll make to our team, then we can discuss it. Until then, you are just another bandwagon success lusting fan, whom needs to find a scapegoat for our latest run of results.

Lets call plastic everyone who doesn't like the way RDM' sets up the team.How is Guardiola going to change our style to more offensive, I don't know, Iam no football expert and don't care aswell.When you drive your car for tuning you don't know how they'll make it better (you may care, you may not its up to u), you just get the new product and enjoy.How can you be sure if the guys are reliable/dependable, you check their last project.Again what was Guardiola's last project ? Ah, yes arguably the most successful team in history of football.

Lets call plastic everyone who doesn't like the way RDM' sets up the team.How is Guardiola going to change our style to more offensive, I don't know, Iam no football expert and don't care aswell.When you drive your car for tuning you don't know how they'll make it better (you may care, you may not its up to u), you just get the new product and enjoy.How can you be sure if the guys are reliable/dependable, you check their last project.Again what was Guardiola's last project ? Ah, yes arguably the most successful team in history of football.

Did I call you plastic? No. Did I call anyone else doubting RDM plastic? No. However I did stress the pathetic attitude towards our CURRENT manager, and the lack of faith and patience. I have no doubts that you share the same passion for the club like I do, but the way you want to get rid of RDM, to me is honestly fairly disgusting. You keep stating the same stupid car metaphor, and I will reply to you in another metaphor since that seems to be the only thing you are able to comprehend.

Imagine you having an old, rusty Volvo. You have been postponing buying a new car for ages, but finally you seem to realize that it is time to renew your transportation vehicle. The savings on your bank account have been collecting interest for quite a while, and you go to a car shop to find a new one. Eventually you find a new model, capable of going 150 miles per hour, with brand new cylinders and fuel saving abilities. You buy it, and bring it home. But on the way back, something feels slightly different. The car you just bought does not feel like the old car in terms of driving. It certainly has potential to be one hell of a car in the future, but for now, you'll need time to adapt to the new features and endless options.

The point being that everything good takes time. No doubt we shouldn't have lost points against Liverpool, nor Swansea. But these are in fact times of transition, and odd results like this will come around frequently. Deal with it.

Talking about Guardiola's last project, yes it was indeed a resounding success. But bare in mind that he can't possibly take all the credit for what Barcelona has become. Look at them! They keep performing without him as a manager. They did so before he was a manager. Does the name Rijkaard ring any bells?

Lastly, I now we both want the best for the club, but we simply don't agree on how to achieve the best. We have been vastly improving in terms of attractive football, and results have been decent so far. I don't think two sub average games change anything about that, but you seem to think otherwise. That's for you to account for, not me.

Its not the 3 or 4 up front I'm worried about. Its the rest of the team. Push them higher up the ground. We should be killing possession figures with this team. We look like Barca when we have the ball up front among the three amigos, but the problem is they don't have it enough. Push the team higher and give them more chances.

I mean we got beat out by Shaktar and Liverpool for possession on our home ground. That speaks volumes especially considering how much better our players are, and the fact that we're built for high possession football with the team we have. Robbie has no sense of urgency in winning the ball back high up the ground, and it shows since we are the worst pressing team I've seen.

Did I call you plastic? No. Did I call anyone else doubting RDM plastic? No. However I did stress the pathetic attitude towards our CURRENT manager, and the lack of faith and patience. I have no doubts that you share the same passion for the club like I do, but the way you want to get rid of RDM, to me is honestly fairly disgusting. You keep stating the same stupid car metaphor, and I will reply to you in another metaphor since that seems to be the only thing you are able to comprehend.

Imagine you having an old, rusty Volvo. You have been postponing buying a new car for ages, but finally you seem to realize that it is time to renew your transportation vehicle. The savings on your bank account have been collecting interest for quite a while, and you go to a car shop to find a new one. Eventually you find a new model, capable of going 150 miles per hour, with brand new cylinders and fuel saving abilities. You buy it, and bring it home. But on the way back, something feels slightly different. The car you just bought does not feel like the old car in terms of driving. It certainly has potential to be one hell of a car in the future, but for now, you'll need time to adapt to the new features and endless options.

The point being that everything good takes time. No doubt we shouldn't have lost points against Liverpool, nor Swansea. But these are in fact times of transition, and odd results like this will come around frequently. Deal with it.

Talking about Guardiola's last project, yes it was indeed a resounding success. But bare in mind that he can't possibly take all the credit for what Barcelona has become. Look at them! They keep performing without him as a manager. They did so before he was a manager. Does the name Rijkaard ring any bells?

Lastly, I now we both want the best for the club, but we simply don't agree on how to achieve the best. We have been vastly improving in terms of attractive football, and results have been decent so far. I don't think two sub average games change anything about that, but you seem to think otherwise. That's for you to account for, not me.

1."The point being that everything good takes time." - It does take time but if not worked upon it, will never happen anyway.

2."We have been vastly improving in terms of attractive football" - Is that because of RDM or only because we forked quite some sum for attacking prospects.

I like your example but when the new car can go up to 150 and u never drive north of 75, how are u supposed to experience the real power of it.

As Thor said RDM "hasn't got a clue what to do with all this attacking prowess." - simple and dead right.