IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Hey, since we need a miracle to qualify for the next round of UCL and the media has just gone crazy about RDM`s future, I decided to do a poll to see what true fans think of our manager.

I know there are already many topics about this and it may be seen as a jerk reaction, but this is just for us to get a better sense of what we see going foward.

I apologize in advance...

EDIT: If any Moderator thinks this is just stupid or unecessary, fell free to delete, move or rename it.

people can post in the original thread .. I do hope this thread is merged

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20421560

"When he took over, Chelsea were in a mess. The dressing room was divided by their alliances for and against their manager. The belief had begun to drain away and with it the defensive organisation that had become the bedrock of the club's success during much of the past decade.

And yet despite all that, it has granted him very little breathing space just three months into the new season."

I think Wenger's quote is right on: ""We live in a world that is completely emotional. You have one defeat and you listen to people: they say 'get him out, get the player out, get the manager out'. Now they speak of Roberto Di Matteo. He's just won the Champions League and the FA Cup three months ago!"

The Benitez talk is everywhere, it seems even Avran Grant's been discussed.

I feel sorry for RDM, but it really seems he wont last long. Everybody knows that Guardiola would be the perfect man for the moment, if not right man, at least at his stage in the season I'm sure Roman would have faith in this man.

This was the problem with Robbie, the questions about he being or not the right man would start as soon as a couple of bad results. In Talk Chelsea, people used to support managers to the death, just like we saw last season with AVB, when a lot of crazy arguments were made to support the portuguese. Right now we dont have this kind of thing, few people come here to say RDM is the right man and should not be sacked, even people that likes him a lot seems to know deep down in their hearts that unfortunately the task was too much for him.

Hey, since we need a miracle to qualify for the next round of UCL and the media has just gone crazy about RDM`s future, I decided to do a poll to see what true fans think of our manager.

I know there are already many topics about this and it may be seen as a jerk reaction, but this is just for us to get a better sense of what we see going foward.

I apologize in advance...

EDIT: If any Moderator thinks this is just stupid or unecessary, fell free to delete, move or rename it.

Thread merged. It was similar to this one and just by going through some of the posts here, you can roughly tell what are the feelings and thoughts towards RDM now.

RDM should be left alone by the board because they were the ones who felt they didn't need reinforcements at CF and CM, instead gutting the squad in the areas where they now suffer. Give him a pass, he already surpassed what previous managers failed to do: deliver Roman his Holy Grail. Sure Chelsea went out and got reinforcements, but took the physicality out of the squad in the process. There's no mutinies, no players getting on their cell phones and texting Jose, this is down to them not converting chances and they know it.

Still remember people harping on about his tactics in the finals; how Bertrand was a great decision, etc. His tactics almost cost us the game.

Hes never really done anything tactically brilliant. I stood by it when we won, and I stand by it now. He lucked out in a situation. You think its normal to go on the run we did and win everything in the way we did? Being behind every time. Winning with 10 men against an all time great team? That is the players, having the utmost luck and will to push themselves in the manner they did, and things falling perfectly in place.

not sure i can contribute something meaningful to this heated discussion but at times it is really hard to predict our fans....

when CA was there a lot of fans where saying CA is too resered not willing to take risks , blah ,blah... now when we have a guy who takes risk... he gets blamed....

if you haven't failed you haven't truly learned anything...

the only thing i was sad about RDM is his subs... could have given Marin, Piazon chances... young lads with loads of energy... Torres ain't no Drogba that he will come off the bench and score for us... nor is he as influential as drogba to rise the spirits of the team...

Woow, Sky Sports confirmed that RDM has stated he and other members of staff expects him to lose his job after the loss to Juventus. I will be absolutely livid and confused if he is booted, would be quite ridiculous and shows we have no stability. SAF didnt get sacked when United went out the group stage or finished trophyless last season, but guess what United will always come back stronger. RDM has been doing well considering our options up front, maybe if we pursued a striker back in summer the situation would be different but please, I hope this is a lot of crap about him being sacked, totally stupid.

Woow, Sky Sports confirmed that RDM has stated he and other members of staff expects him to lose his job after the loss to Juventus. I will be absolutely livid and confused if he is booted, would be quite ridiculous and shows we have no stability. SAF didnt get sacked when United went out the group stage or finished trophyless last season, but guess what United will always come back stronger. RDM has been doing well considering our options up front, maybe if we pursued a striker back in summer the situation would be different but please, I hope this is a lot of crap about him being sacked, totally stupid.

This is ridiculous. All anyone does on this site is blame Torres. Yeah, hes not that great, but not every loss is his fault, and Luiz's.

Torres isn't exactly missing sitters out there. Hes not getting chances. His fault, and RDM's. Our striker barely gets the ball. This was the case with his system last season when he took over, and even now with all the talent in the world.

Stop blaming Torres and Luiz and realize that this guy doesn't have a structure going forward. He just has a bunch of talent that has taken us to a somewhat reasonable result thus far in the league, and has clearly wore thin in the cup competition.

The rumors that Robbie may be gone are getting serious. Really CFC? REALLY?! Two bad weeks is all it takes to sack the Chelsea legend who won us the "holy grail" in the most difficult time for the club in years? Fickle. Very very fickle.

And the rumored replacements are Benitez and...Garnt?! Really CFC? Grant?! REALLY?! Are we trying to win trophies or get ourselves relegated? Garnt, the man who has never had any success with any club in Europe in his life. I think I'm going to be sick.

So sad from chelsea. I knew RDM was never a possesion football manager and now his players can't defend well in the counter attack system he likes.

Last season we had drogba up top to finish the chances from a counter, now we have no one to do that. It so unlucky for RDM that he couldn't change our system.