IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

I'm giving him more time before i judge, a few more games.

I had a dream we lost against Sunderland last night, that's nothing i know, but my gut just doesn't feel right about this season. I'm not being negative it's just when i look at the squad i see so much vulnerability in it, especially at the back and midfield. I know we wont contend for the title that's not the problem, my problem is i can see us having another failure season, one where we really under perform. It's been too long for that shit now, way too fucking long.

God i fucking hate november.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to set up a team in a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 or 5-2-3 or whatever it is we are playing like Inter did in that 3-1 game, at least demand they fucking press the ball. Basically sitting so deep that they can fucking do what they want with the ball. Robbie won't last if we don't qualify for the last 16 in the CL too...

If your going to set up a team in a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 or 5-2-3 or whatever it is we are playing like Inter did in that 3-1 game, at least demand they fucking press the ball. Basically sitting so deep that they can fucking do what they want with the ball. Robbie won't last if we don't qualify for the last 16 in the CL too...

Its not only pressing the ball, you need at least 1 clinical finisher up front. Neither Hazard, Oscar or Mata are 'clinical' in front of goal.

Well i think that RDM will eventually be sacked after tonight's result,i feel that this was his last chance to save his job.He deserved the chance he was given to be our manager this year but i just don't think he is the one who will take this team to the next level.We have so much raw talent but we play like shit.All those who blame individual players for our performances are ignorant,we are just not a team and someone needs to change that.I doupt buying a single player will solve this so as much it pains me to say so the only viable solution is to get a new manager.

Our players won us the Champions League last season - not Di Matteo. Why can people not get that in their heads?

I don't like this "look what he did for us last season" rubbish when there's talk about whether he's good enough or not.

Drogba. Cole. Cech. Terry. Lampard. Mikel. They won us the Champions League. Even players like Bosingwa, Kalou etc. They had such a drive, want and will to win the trophy - and they did.

Not because of 'tactics'. Out of heart and determination.

All respect to Di Matteo as a player. He'll always be a legend at this club. But he is going to damage his reputation if he continues to be manager here.

We have shown zero progress under him. Only one game this whole season had me thinking we were actually moving forward, and that was against Arsenal. Upon reflection we didn't actually do that much different vs. them. It was more about them being poor than us being good.

Give any real top manager our players and we'd be top of our group, no doubt.

Di Matteo won't mould our very good players - Hazard; Oscar - into top-class players.

Take sentiment out of the equation.

List just 3 positives that he's shown since the CL win which not every other manager would show in his position.

I don't know.

Although we are supposedly playing a very attacking, "sexy football", we have scored less goals so far in the PL than one year ago at this point. Our attacking movement is basically non-existent, we are RANDOM, its personal brilliance, not teamplay (which would be the sexy football) which wins (or lately, not) us matches. Also, since our emphasis is on attacking, we concede cheap and ridiculous goals, and we can't fucking keep a clean-sheet to save our lives.

So, we gave up our defence in order to put the ephasis on attack, which is not really working..

Also, Robbie has been found out, with the exeption of ManUre, we have been rudely outplayed by big teams (Atletico, Juve x2, Shaktar x2).

Our players won us the Champions League last season - not Di Matteo. Why can people not get that in their heads?

I don't like this "look what he did for us last season" rubbish when there's talk about whether he's good enough or not.

Drogba. Cole. Cech. Terry. Lampard. Mikel. They won us the Champions League. Even players like Bosingwa, Kalou etc. They had such a drive, want and will to win the trophy - and they did.

Not because of 'tactics'. Out of heart and determination.

All respect to Di Matteo as a player. He'll always be a legend at this club. But he is going to damage his reputation if he continues to be manager here.

We have shown zero progress under him. Only one game this whole season had me thinking we were actually moving forward, and that was against Arsenal. Upon reflection we didn't actually do that much different vs. them. It was more about them being poor than us being good.

Give any real top manager our players and we'd be top of our group, no doubt.

Di Matteo won't mould our very good players - Hazard; Oscar - into top-class players.

Take sentiment out of the equation.

List just 3 positives that he's shown since the CL win which not every other manager would show in his position.

Thats a bit rash, because I believe RDM played a huge part in the UCL glory.

But I have to agree. We are not making progression, and his tatics today proved that. We always played with a CF, and then he tried this new thing. Actually we are not looking like a team, game after game, it seems we rely on the talent of Ramires, Oscar, Hazard and Mata.

When you look the fixture, we will have a lot of games between November and January. The squad is really small, today we had no CB in the bench, and you put a tournament in Japan in the table, I'm think I saw this movie before...

I don't know.

Althouth we are supposedly playing a very attacking, "sexy football", we have scored less goals so far in the PL, then one year ago at this point. Our attacking movement is basically non-existent, we are RANDOM, its personal brilliance, not teamplay (which would be the sexy football) which wins (or lately, not) us matches. Also, since our emphasis is on attacking, we concede cheap and ridiculous goals, and we can't fucking keep a clean-sheet to save our lives.

So, we gave up our defence in order to put the emphasis on attack, which is not really working..

Also, Robbie has been found out, with the exeption of ManUre, we have been rudely outplayed by big teams (Atletico, Juve x2, Shaktar x2).

I don't think Robbie is an out and out attacking manager, which is what we need if we want to see the best of Hazard, Oscar, Mata on a consistent basis.

He's a good manager but he's not the man to take CFC forward..cause we seem unable to find the correct balance between attack & defence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236033/Roberto-di-Matteo-replaced-Rafa-Benitez-EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz2Co8CKWaI

Be careful what you wish for!

I could tolerate us replacing Di Matteo with Guardiola or Mourinho, but that is it. IMO anyone else would currently not be a step forward.

If Benitez were to come in that would be yet again another massive vote of confidence from the board in trying to get the best out of Torres and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of that now. It is what has left us in this mess this season, because any good striker would have got us goals from the chances we have created and won us more points in both the league and champions league.

Hey, since we need a miracle to qualify for the next round of UCL and the media has just gone crazy about RDM`s future, I decided to do a poll to see what true fans think of our manager.

I know there are already many topics about this and it may be seen as a jerk reaction, but this is just for us to get a better sense of what we see going foward.

I apologize in advance...

EDIT: If any Moderator thinks this is just stupid or unecessary, fell free to delete, move or rename it.

Hey, since we need a miracle to qualify for the next round of UCL and the media has just gone crazy about RDM`s future, I decided to do a poll to see what true fans think of our manager.

I know there are already many topics about this and it may be seen as a jerk reaction, but this is just for us to get a better sense of what we see going foward.

I apologize in advance...

EDIT: If any Moderator thinks this is just stupid or unecessary, fell free to delete, move or rename it.

I think the mods should do that, because we already have two topics about it. Discussions about RDM should stay in "RDM is the right man" topic.

I'm not going to wish for anything now...

I wanted Torres dropped then we had no Sturridge and this happened (3-0) loss.

This was NOT the game to expirement, not when the stakes where so high.

I don't know what to say about RDM, looks like he used up all his luck last year and every team gets lucky against us...

Not sure where we go from here but the squad is threadbare and has no backbone.

Not sure how another manager could fix that quickly or easily? So having a new manager offers no real benefit at the moment, maybe the summer? But we need 3rd or 4th place in the league, will that happen now?

As usual nothing guaranteed in life except Death and Taxes :(

Hope it's not a Taxi for RDM, but CFC are kings of knee jerk - to be fair I'm no different

But like I say he did what I asked dropped Torres and then had ZERO options?

Strange old situation :(

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2Co8CKWaI

Be careful what you wish for!

I could tolerate us replacing Di Matteo with Guardiola or Mourinho, but that is it. IMO anyone else would currently not be a step forward.

If Benitez were to come in that would be yet again another massive vote of confidence from the board in trying to get the best out of Torres and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of that now. It is what has left us in this mess this season, because any good striker would have got us goals from the chances we have created and won us more points in both the league and champions league.

It always gets back to Torres somehow. C'mon man, it wasn't Torres who bottled three brilliant chances today, it was Hazard, Mata, and Oscar. He actually set Oscar up for a nice opportunity after he came on. This is coming from someone who's lost faith in Torres. You can fault Torres for his own problems, but you can't throw every problem at his feet.

For some reason the Chelsea lads are just choking the bat too tight these days. They're double clutching. Unfortunately RDM can't boot it in the net for them. The good news is under RDM we're creating chances. Not sure where to go from here to change that to "finishing our chances".