Victor Moses

Superblue

Surely whelan could put in a can't play vs wigan clause then he doesn't have to delay the transfer... Also can he really expect moses to be at his best if he is full aware he could be playing for us a few days after...

i believe the cant play clause has been done with because when liverpool sent torres i remeber the comentator sayin, he CAN play vs livrpool because those rules no longer accepted.

i could be wrong but im pretty sure tbh

i believe the cant play clause has been done with because when liverpool sent torres i remeber the comentator sayin, he CAN play vs livrpool because those rules no longer accepted.

i could be wrong but im pretty sure tbh

Ok fair enough, i didn't realise... Expect this one to drag out then... <_<

Does anyone else feel signing Victor Moses would be a little bit, dare I say it, pointless? Fair enough, we don't have many traditional wingers (players like Hazard and Marin do not count as they prefer to cut inside), but as far as I can see, the best he can hope for is a spot on the bench, and don't we have enough bench-warmers already?

Does anyone else feel signing Victor Moses would be a little bit, dare I say it, pointless? Fair enough, we don't have many traditional wingers (players like Hazard and Marin do not count as they prefer to cut inside), but as far as I can see, the best he can hope for is a spot on the bench, and don't we have enough bench-warmers already?

if you look at us signing azpili and moses for rest of the window then no, this is a definite need of a signing! hears why:

lets play 4231 only lookin at the attacking four

strikers:torres then studge

lw:hazard then mata

cam:mata then oscar

rw:marin then moses.

look at us vs city, marin was injured and we played who? rambo. that cant be happening, rambo is a box to box end of discussion. so we need a backup rw for injury and also competiton. sonlets say the attacking 3 is oscar hazard and mata down the line, they will need rest and with that being said, we can rest 2 people at a time bringing on moses and marin. thats the ideal way because nobody complains about lack of games and everyone isnt run into the ground aswell. you have to add in the age factor so they CAN hamdle alot of games too. we also have a make-shift 3rd sub in lamps/rambo if worst come to worst. lamps can be cam, and rambo for either wing if we becomd injury struck.

so yeah its definately needed.

the way i see it

right mid- ramires, marin

attacking mid- mata, oscar, piazon

left mid- hazard, moses

striker- torres, sturridge

for the front four you've got 9 different options and all 9 of them have their own qualities. some of them world class, some of them good with great potential, some of them squad players. all in all, it's a quality amount of depth to have. also consider the fact that piazon and moses can play as emergency striker if ever needed (i certainly hope not) so it gives us options. i like the look of it. it has so much technical ability. let's see how we adjust it into our style of play.

Don't see Moses as anything more than a benchwarmer. I believe Martinez' opinion on Moses is the best. He needs another season of full development at a club like Wigan before moving onto a top club.

Still think a dedicated RB is needed more than Moses - jesus if we're not willing to pay 7 mill for a RB, but 10 for Moses - something is seriously fked up... Ivanovic just can't handle RB position...

We'll get both, that's not going to be an issue.

Looking at it as if paying more for Moses means we're prioritizing his position more isn't accurate, I don't think. We're negotiating - obviously we can pay more, but we'll try to pay the minimum we can for each one, and Wigan simply values Moses higher than Azpilicueta's club values him. The more we negotiate hard with teams, the less people will try to stick us with crazy inflated prices. It's surely not reasonable to say that because we're paying 10mil for Moses that we don't want to sign an RB, which is what I was getting out of your comment. Maybe you meant something else...