Victor Moses

Superblue

Sinclair isn't that good, certainly not good enough for us, just because he is flourishing in a mid table side doesn't mean he will slot in a top side and win them the league. Liverpool made that mistake with Henderson, Adam and Downing and are about to the same with Joe Allen.

What youth player have we let go and regretted let go?

And you slate our youth policy, apart from Barcelona who are a freak one off, what top clubs who have been winning things have done it by randomenly putting young players in with no experience in? Don't say Welbeck for United because Fergie didn't start trusting him until he had a full season loan at Sunderland.

Experience aside, Sinclair over Malouda, Kalou, Meireles any day of the week. Sinclair would get better playing with better players as well.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Experience aside, Sinclair over Malouda, Kalou, Meireles any day of the week. Sinclair would get better playing with better players as well.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

He wasn't good enough that's the point.

He started promising at Plymouth (i saw him a few times when he went there on loan as i live in Devon), but after that he wasn't impressing in any Championship loan spell, infact he wasn't even a starter in half of them.

Looking at some comments and chats i have with Chelsea fans, sometimes i am under the impression that our team will be full off teenagers if they were in the hotseat.

Yes while it may give fans a sense of pride when youth products turn into first team regulars at the end of the day we are a top team challenging for trophies, young players have to be patient if they want a chance, Ryan is the prime example. Danny aswell to an extent.

If we throw youngsters in the team at the first opportunity, we may be able to go home and say, we give youth players a chance but also we would be a mid table side at best and most likely lose them to a better side by the time their 22, look at Jordan Henderson, Phil Jones, Aaron Ramesy, Wayne Rooney, Sol Campbell, Glen Johnson, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, the list goes on.

If players want to make it at a top club that are challenging for every major trophy, they need (along with the skill), patience and lots off it and unfortunetly not many have that.

Would you rather win things or have a starting Xl that grew up within 3 miles of The Bridge? in an ideal world both but it's not realistic, i know which one i prefer.

Looking at some comments and chats i have with Chelsea fans, sometimes i am under the impression that our team will be full off teenagers if they were in the hotseat.

Yes while it may give fans a sense of pride when youth products turn into first team regulars at the end of the day we are a top team challenging for trophies, young players have to be patient if they want a chance, Ryan is the prime example. Danny aswell to an extent.

If we throw youngsters in the team at the first opportunity, we may be able to go home and say, we give youth players a chance but also we would be a mid table side at best and most likely lose them to a better side by the time their 22, look at Jordan Henderson, Phil Jones, Aaron Ramesy, Wayne Rooney, Sol Campbell, Glen Johnson, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, the list goes on.

If players want to make it at a top club that are challenging for every major trophy, they need (along with the skill), patience and lots off it and unfortunetly not many have that.

Would you rather win things or have a starting Xl that grew up within 3 miles of The Bridge? in an ideal world both but it's not realistic, i know which one i prefer.

I am not bothered about where the players come from... Ideally if they are homegrown it is slightly better but it doesn't bother me... And obviously we would rather win things... It is nice for players to go through the academy and then play for the first team, but it makes little difference to me... I.E. Lampard came through West hams youth system yet he is still the biggest legend this club has ever had and still has... :wub: (i better add IMO to that)... :)

I am not bothered about where the players come from... Ideally if they are homegrown it is slightly better but it doesn't bother me... And obviously we would rather win things... It is nice for players to go through the academy and then play for the first team, but it makes little difference to me... I.E. Lampard came through West hams youth system yet he is still the biggest legend this club has ever had and still has... :wub: (i better add IMO to that)... :)

I know what you mean, but it's always extra special for me when a player has come through our ranks.

We have a heap of players that can play there though.

Mata

Hazard

Marin

Malouda

Ramires

Kakuta

Sturridge

The true winger died out a long time ago. True wingers don't cut inside and shoot. Even as far as potential goes, Hazard/Mata/De Bruyne and to a lesser extent, Sturridge, represent players who can get a whole lot better in a short space of time.

Yes, we have players who can play there, but not 7 wingers as you stated. Essien can play centre back, but you don't call him a centre back, do you? Ramires isn't a winger, Sturridge isn't a winger, Malouda isn't a footballer, Kakuta.. are you serious? Furthermore, we lack players who are comfortable playing on the right. As I understand, Moses is comfortable there.

Yes, we have players who can play there, but not 7 wingers as you stated. Essien can play centre back, but you don't call him a centre back, do you? Ramires isn't a winger, Sturridge isn't a winger, Malouda isn't a footballer, Kakuta.. are you serious? Furthermore, we lack players who are comfortable playing on the right. As I understand, Moses is comfortable there.

Sorry but LOL.

Post of the day.

Hazard is a true winger, played most of his career on the wing. Played about 10 games behind the striker for Lille last season and now everyone thinks he's a CAM. I expect Hazard to be our left winger with Mata in the middle.

yeah i agree aswell, we just need moses or any winger (rw) for that matter

Don't understand why we need Hulk or Moses. I thought Oscar would be given the starting job on the right, with Hazard/Marin on the left and Mata/Hazard in the centre.

I'd feel bad for Moses if he comes to Chelsea just to sit on the bench because Wigan need Moses to survive relegation.

Don't understand why we need Hulk or Moses. I thought Oscar would be given the starting job on the right, with Hazard/Marin on the left and Mata/Hazard in the centre.

I'd feel bad for Moses if he comes to Chelsea just to sit on the bench because Wigan need Moses to survive relegation.

We are likely to have around 60 games next season in all competitions. In a 4-2-3-1 formation we need at least 5 senior players to fill the '3', if not 6, 2 per position:

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses and Marin would all get plenty of games.

so two for the left but just one for the right?

Moses can play CF and both RW and LW.

i like Whelan ..even tho he`s modern footballs version of an apple woman only leatherface Redknapp can top...but Wigan does not deserve him or a premiership football club. nobody wanted to give us anything to keep us up in the past,nor save us when we have been on the brink of going into extinction. fook em all.

so two for the left but just one for the right?

Moses can play CF and both RW and LW.

i like Whelan ..even tho he`s modern footballs version of an apple woman only leatherface Redknapp can top...but Wigan does not deserve him or a premiership football club. nobody wanted to give us anything to keep us up in the past,nor save us when we have been on the brink of going into extinction. fook em all.

I don't see Moses playing CF at Chelsea or any other top premier league club.

I would assume that Ramires would play some games at RW because he is effective in that position. I know there are plenty of talkChelsea.net users who go crazy when someone mentions Ramires playing RW....but the fact of the matter is, I don't see Ramires playing effectively as a CM in a 4-2-3-1 formation in the near future.

We need a CM/DM to complement Lamps and Mikel cause Essien is nowhere near what he used to be...and Meireles is an average substitute player.

We are likely to have around 60 games next season in all competitions. In a 4-2-3-1 formation we need at least 5 senior players to fill the '3', if not 6, 2 per position:

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses and Marin would all get plenty of games.

And Ramires and possibly Meireles, Malouda, Benayoun if any of them stay.Minimum of 7 players for 3 spots. Ramires is going to get playing time and he simply is not a true defensive midfielder and not even close to the type of player needed to provide cover for Lampard so he will play in the forward 3 when he does play. It's a very crowded grouping in a position where we were very weak last season. So far, Chelsea has bought exclusively attacking midfielders this transfer period.

@Shak

Moses started out as a CF. but i added that as another side to his game rather than being the main factor in us attempting to buy him.

i`ve already stated my views on Ramires playing RW in this thread,that you can find by scrolling back. if Ramires can`t play effectively in a 4-2-3-1 he just won`t play. although like i`ve said several times lately. i believe we will play more games using a 4-3-3 in the upcoming season.

what has the need for a CM/DM got to do with Moses?

And Ramires and possibly Meireles, Malouda, Benayoun if any of them stay.Minimum of 7 players for 3 spots. Ramires is going to get playing time and he simply is not a true defensive midfielder and not even close to the type of player needed to provide cover for Lampard so he will play in the forward 3 when he does play. It's a very crowded grouping in a position where we were very weak last season. So far, Chelsea has bought exclusively attacking midfielders this transfer period.

Benayoun doesn't have a squad number, Meireles is being linked to Napoli and Malouda struggled for starts last season with little competition for places. With a right back and striker still required and squad spots full some are going to have to make way.

I've already stated by Oscar playing in a 4-2-3-1 and his tendency to drop, it will improve the fluidity for us to switch between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on the situation and will also allow ramires to play centrally. I don't dispute he might play in big away ties at RW when RDM is looking to be a little more cautious but not regularly.

Benayoun doesn't have a squad number, Meireles is being linked to Napoli and Malouda struggled for starts last season with little competition for places. With a right back and striker still required and squad spots full some are going to have to make way.

I've already stated by Oscar playing in a 4-2-3-1 and his tendency to drop, it will improve the fluidity for us to switch between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on the situation and will also allow ramires to play centrally. I don't dispute he might play in big away ties at RW when RDM is looking to be a little more cautious but not regularly.

I'll be shocked if Chelsea are going to go with anything other than Lampard and Mikel as the starting deeper pairing. They played brilliantly together under RDM last season and are easily our best choice in the 4-2-3-1.