Victor Moses

Superblue

I'll be shocked if Chelsea are going to go with anything other than Lampard and Mikel as the starting deeper pairing. They played brilliantly together under RDM last season and are easily our best choice in the 4-2-3-1.

Again i don't dispute but neither are going to start or play all 60 games. IMO Ramires and Essien are the next in line for the pivot role.

In those 5 midfield positions we start the season with Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Ramires, Romeu, Marin, Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Moses and some of them are versatile, we'll have a great pool of talent to work with and everyone should get plenty of chances with so many games to play - this is before considering injuries and suspensions.

Replacement for Kalou, who I think he'll be an improvement on. Hopefully he can nab us a few goals this coming season.

No one can ever replace Salomon :(

Anyway, I've forgotten about Thorgan Hazard. So at this point, here are our 'potential' wingers who all have some ability on the wing and still have a long way to go to hit their peak:

Mata

E. Hazard

T. Hazard

De Bruyne

Sturridge

(Possibly) Marin

(Possibly) Kakuta

Why add an 8th?

@capriccioso: E. Hazard & Marin are the only one from that list who can play this season. I don't even understand why we bought T. Hazard, De Bruyne is loaned, Mata shouldn't play on wing, same for Sturridge, Kakuta will be loaned. We have Malouda too. So, Moses transfer is sensible.

@capriccioso: E. Hazard & Marin are the only one from that list who can play this season. I don't even understand why we bought T. Hazard, De Bruyne is loaned, Mata shouldn't play on wing, same for Sturridge, Kakuta will be loaned. We have Malouda too. So, Moses transfer is sensible.

But its for the future. That list was supposed to be for players who can become very good wingers. Moses is another one in that category, if we bring him, we'll have to permanently sell De Bruyne or Sturridge or even Thorgen.

But its for the future. That list was supposed to be for players who can become very good wingers. Moses is another one in that category, if we bring him, we'll have to permanently sell De Bruyne or Sturridge or even Thorgen.

Future, future... fuck future we can't go into season with two wingers and Malouda.

If players are good enough they will beat their competition, if not they can fuck off.

Kakuta has no future at club (he will probably be part of Azpilicueta deal and go to Marseille) and De Bruyne will be played centrally.

You got it wrong my friend. Neither De Bruyne nor Sturridge nor Ramires are wingers. Mata is definitely not a winger. Thorgen at this point is an uncertainty, and Kakuta is probably in his way out and is also not a winger (he's more of a playmaker really). So by my account we only have Hazard (who for some reason doesn't want to play in the wing), Marin, Malouda and Benayoun (last two in the last year of their contracts).

So the Moses buy makes a lot of sense as we need someone who can make the RW place his own. A true right winger. And the guy isn't bad as a goalscorer too. He played as a forward for Crystal Palace and scored some pretty predatory poacher style goals there.

Future, future... fuck future we can't go into season with two wingers and Malouda.

If players are good enough they will beat their competition, if not they can fuck off.

Kakuta has no future at club (he will probably be part of Azpilicueta deal and go to Marseille) and De Bruyne will be played centrally.

Moses is at a critical stage in his development.

Just because someone doesn't like playing as a winger, it does not mean they won't be forced to play there. Just because they can play better elsewhere, does not mean Di Matteo won't pick them there. I'm sure the pecking order for right wing will look like this for this season:

E. Hazard (is not an AM)

Marin

Ramires (if the above two can't play, we don't need him at centre midfield or we have to play a counter attacking style)

Sturridge (already done reasonably well here)

Moses

And left wing:

Mata (won't beat Oscar to AM)

E. Hazard

Marin

Malouda (for the experience factor)

Moses

We'll ruin his career. At this point he needs to be starting regularly.

Just because someone doesn't like playing as a winger, it does not mean they won't be forced to play there. Just because they can play better elsewhere, does not mean Di Matteo won't pick them there.

That's true but it's short-term solution. It would be funny to play Ramires on right wing while there are so many other players on the market which their prime position is RW. It's stupid. Ramires can play on right wing and that's cool, but it's not his prime position, we should only use him there if all players are injured or in awful form.

E. Hazard - LW, Marin - LW, Mata - CAM, Ramires - CM, Sturridge - ST, Moses - RW, Malouda - LW.

So possibly we will risk and count either Ramires or Sturridge as second choice on RW, but we shouldn't.

E. Hazard - Mata - Moses

This should be our first option. If Moses is injured throw in another winger (Marin or Hazard or Malouda), if those are injured only then we can play Ramires or Sturridge.

With Moses on his way surely Malouda must go?

Who'll take him?

I think he'll wind down his contract and leave on a free. No one want's to pay 90k wages for a player that's so far over his peak and have to pay a transfer fee on top of that. And experience is vital, Moses has never played in a title 6 pointer or a CL match before.

E. Hazard - Mata - Moses

What?!

Mata-Oscar-E. Hazard.

We didn't pay 25 million to have him sit on the bench! That line-up seems set in concrete, so on the bench, we'll be left with:

Marin (first choice substitute)

Sturridge (2nd choice)

Moses (3rd choice)

Malouda (2nd choice in a big game, ahead of Sturridge; otherwise equal 3rd choice with Moses)

T. Hazard (will probably start Carling/FA Cup games)

Kakuta (lol)

I get the feeling that Sturridge will be preferred to Moses because he's already made his mark here. And he has CL+big match experience.

What?!

Mata-Oscar-E. Hazard.

We didn't pay 25 million to have him sit on the bench! That line-up seems set in concrete, so on the bench, we'll be left with:

Marin (first choice substitute)

Sturridge (2nd choice)

Moses (3rd choice)

Malouda (2nd choice in a big game, ahead of Sturridge; otherwise equal 3rd choice with Moses)

T. Hazard (will probably start Carling/FA Cup games)

Kakuta (lol)

I get the feeling that Sturridge will be preferred to Moses because he's already made his mark here. And he has CL+big match experience.

No. How can you play Mata on wing (:doh:) and Hazard on right wing (he never played there for us).

Striker

Hazard - Mata - Moses

Oscar - Midfielder

That's what it will look like.