Victor Moses

Superblue

That man desires attention like a moody 14 year old girl. Remember when he did the same when Martinez was the target of a couple Prem clubs...he was essentially the media's #1 source because he would give play-by-play commentary of any possible negotiations and offers. :doh:

thats a pretty good summary of him

no way can i see this board deciding to go into this season with just torres and sturridge as striking options; and whilst moses has become more of a RW'er he would still class as a 3rd choice option, so if this doesn't happen i am fairly certain we will see another Backup striker/ RW'er before the end of the transfer window.. So we could just be waiting to see what happens with other deals like the hulk one before buying him, and if Hulk etc falls through then Moses is still available...

only one scenario that makes sense. Moses isnt our first target ...He is our fall back ...> If our main target fails we know we can get Moses for

about 8 mill.

Exactly. There's no way we'd be haggling over a million or two if we truly wanted him over other targets.

This is like the RDM situation... The board are waiting to see if their 1st choice pans out before deciding whether to commit

I rather think that Wigan didn't want to loose the player without any decent replacement. They got Ryo and Arouna Koné who seems to replace Moses and Rodallega.

I think that's what blocked the deal so far, maybe a conclusion this week

I don't think we'll get Hulk anyway. I've never trusted all the stories, there's a lot of medias, player, agent's communication. But we're the 16th of august and still nothing concrete despite the Olympics...

Like others have mentioned, the only reason this isn't done is because Chelsea are still negotiating with Porto for Hulk. If we get him then we don't bother with Victor, if not then just slap on another 2M and Whelan will shut up.

Anyways, I would prefer Hulk of course, but not if he's 40M compared to the 10M for Moses.

I honestly don't understand why the club is reluctant to meet the 10m asking price.He's worth the price and should be signed asap so that he doesn't rape us on Sunday.

He is in the final year of his contract and we have every right not to match their demands. I would understand if Wigan were holding out for a £10m offer if he was under contract for what, say three years but the fact that he is in his final year represents why the club don't want to be ripped off.

He is in the final year of his contract and we have every right not to match their demands. I would understand if Wigan were holding out for a £10m offer if he was under contract for what, say three years but the fact that he is in his final year represents why the club don't want to be ripped off.

Reportedly we've bid 8.5m for him and I know 1.5m is a lot of money but surely its not enough to halt the move.

Reportedly we've bid 8.5m for him and I know 1.5m is a lot of money but surely its not enough to halt the move.

They should just settle for what we are offering because like Rodallega and Diame, Moses will leave on a free so they should ease up on their value. It seems to work for them every season though because they always manage to stay up some way or another

They should just settle for what we are offering because like Rodallega and Diame, Moses will leave on a free so they should ease up on their value. It seems to work for them every season though because they always manage to stay up some way or another

I guess this deal is just about principles and self-respect.

I honestly don't understand why the club is reluctant to meet the 10m asking price.He's worth the price and should be signed asap so that he doesn't rape us on Sunday.

Because Chelsea is the one stalling not Wigan. It'd be stupid to buy Moses if we're still in for Hulk. Can't have both and Chelsea obviously prioritized Hulk and rightly so.