Chelsea Vs Newcastle

James

Alright, our first big test. Let's see what we're made of. I am slightly less confident about this one. I think Ramires or Bertrand may play on the wing to provide defensive stability. We need to win most of our home games. After this game I think we'll have a much better indication of where we are at. I'll be optimistic and say: 3-2 Chelsea

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Against the trio Newcastle has up front, starting the game with Romeo would be retarded. The kid hasn't played a proper match In a while and RDM isn't gonna give him a spot against the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. Ramires is an automatic pick, too.

Last year when we faced them at st James I was shitting myself but we ran trough them. After seeing their opening fixture against a weakened Spurs, i gotta say that they didn't look anything special. Tottenham definitely didn't deserved to loose that one so I hope we won't won't be as naive in the back because their strikers need only a couple of chances.

And at last, I hope that Coloccini is still out. CrackIng fixture this one!

the great thing about all the Hazard hype is that teams might start making the mistake of paying extra close attention to him which will open up space and whole bunch of opportunities for the likes of Mata, Oscar, Ramires and Torres to exploit!

the great thing about all the Hazard hype is that teams might start making the mistake of paying extra close attention to him which will open up space and whole bunch of opportunities for the likes of Mata, Oscar, Ramires and Torres to exploit!

So, if he scores next time, the problem will be that he only scored because they payed more attention to Hazard, so it became easier for him to score. :D

ontopic: Expecting the same lineup as yesterday. (Maybe a Luiz-Cahill swap)

Against the trio Newcastle has up front, starting the game with Romeo would be retarded. The kid hasn't played a proper match In a while and RDM isn't gonna give him a spot against the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. Ramires is an automatic pick, too.

Last year when we faced them at st James I was shitting myself but we ran trough them. After seeing their opening fixture against a weakened Spurs, i gotta say that they didn't look anything special. Tottenham definitely didn't deserved to loose that one so I hope we won't won't be as naive in the back because their strikers need only a couple of chances.

And at last, I hope that Coloccini is still out. CrackIng fixture this one!

They haven't looked special because half of their team is struggling with injures or are not on the right fitness levels. 7 players who started that match were doubtful for it, but Pardew decided to risk. At least, that's what the media said, perhaps Alan is trying to send a false picture and they are fit as bulls :ph34r:

Make no mistakes, Newcastle have a cracking team that will challenge for 4th spot this season unless they suffer a massive injury crisis.

Anyone who thinks this team is average is mistaken... Cisse, arguably the best striker in the league january onwards (Van persie possible exception), Demba ba who is getting back into it and scored a good goal last game... Cabaye has a lot of class, ben arfa at times was ripping apart tottenhams midfield, they also have tiote who is extremely phyical and try to dominate Hazard and mata etc... Still think we can win this one though we have to be extremely careful... 2-1 to us would be my prediction... 3 points however they come would be great. Also we have the assist machine who will take a lot of thier attention so hopefully that can creat space for some of the others... We do have the slight advantage that they are playing in greece this evening so we may have an extra day than them, however it is unlikely that they will fully play thier first team.

We can't keep playing Ramires as a winger. He is invisible for a majority of the game when we do and we look terrible when we play him there. Yes he's a good player but he's hurting us more than helping when we play him out of position.

We can't keep playing Ramires as a winger. He is invisible for a majority of the game when we do and we look terrible when we play him there. Yes he's a good player but he's hurting us more than helping when we play him out of position.

We can't expect Ramires to flourish as a winger because thats not his natural position.Since Marin is not fit we have to make best use of the options we have.Spending 35m on Hulk is NOT an alternative

If we are talking about what i would like to see then that would be:

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lamps

Oscar Mata Hazard

Torres

Oscar is better central but i don't think he will be given the nod there any time soon... No way is mata going to be rested this game as if he was gonna be rested yet then it would have been against reading, also as i said previously doubt torres and danny will start at the same time because of the lack of striking options.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Sturridge Mata Hazard

Torres

Sturridge was good against Reading and I prefer him over Ramires at rightwing. Lamps should rest.

Why? We have played two games this season, and there is a 3 week break including one match vs athletico madrid...