Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Ramires - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle

Torres x2

Hazard

Ba

why do you think that Torres can score 2 goals against Newcastle, when he barely could score against Reading?

really looking forward to your answer.

Can we not start Torres for this game. 2 Premier League games this season and he has been extremely poor. Why are we continually letting him off the hook because we paid £50m for him? He is living off the name on the back of his shirt. So what if he scored against Reading he was still poor and anyone could have scored that. I can't say I'm Sturridge's biggest fan but at least he has a desire to do his best in every game and will not sulk on the halfway line when he does not have the ball.

The myth about service is a load of rubbish IMO. Mata gave him plenty of service last season and Hazard and Mata are giving him service this season. If you look at the Reading game he got the ball passed to him and he either didn't try to control it properly or it just bounced off him

Cech

Azpilicueta* Luiz Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Hazard Mata Bertrand

Sturridge

why do you think that Torres can score 2 goals against Newcastle, when he barely could score against Reading?

really looking forward to your answer.

err maybe because football doesn't work like that!!! how can Ronaldo not get a shot on target against Valencia at the Bernabeu then go to Nou Camp and score? how can Pogrebnyak not score past Stoke at home then come to Stamford Bridge and score??? how about Ramires who couldn't score past Reading! i bet he could never score at the Nou Camp or score a goal in an F.A Cup final, i mean come on it makes perfect sense if you cant score past newly promoted Reading you clearly have no chance of scoring past Barca or in a F.A Cup Final right? oh wait...

As yesterday showed their is no real need for Mikel and Lampard in the 2 in the "lesser games", in future i would like to see Ramires there with one of them too. Hazard, Oscar and Mata with Ramires running from the pivot :o

But this however is not one of those so we can't make too many changes, Danny for Nando but apart from that same again.

it always amazed me that against teams who parked the bus against us we needed 5 DEFENDERS in frontof Cech....now

some suggest SIX

err maybe because football doesn't work like that!!! how can Ronaldo not get a shot on target against Valencia at the Bernabeu then go to Nou Camp and score? how can Pogrebnyak not score past Stoke at home then come to Stamford Bridge and score??? how about Ramires who couldn't score past Reading! i bet he could never score at the Nou Camp or score a goal in an F.A Cup final, i mean come on it makes perfect sense if you cant score past newly promoted Reading you clearly have no chance of scoring past Barca or in a F.A Cup Final right? oh wait...

because it's been going on for a year and a half for Torres now...

Can we not start Torres for this game. 2 Premier League games this season and he has been extremely poor. Why are we continually letting him off the hook because we paid £50m for him? He is living off the name on the back of his shirt. So what if he scored against Reading he was still poor and anyone could have scored that. I can't say I'm Sturridge's biggest fan but at least he has a desire to do his best in every game and will not sulk on the halfway line when he does not have the ball.

The myth about service is a load of rubbish IMO. Mata gave him plenty of service last season and Hazard and Mata are giving him service this season. If you look at the Reading game he got the ball passed to him and he either didn't try to control it properly or it just bounced off him

Cech

Azpilicueta* Luiz Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Hazard Mata Bertrand

Sturridge

That is a sign of a good striker! last season Torres had alot of games where he played well but couldn't score, i will be happy if Torres doesn't play particularly well all season if it means that he scores every game! and just for the record Torres hasn't been anywhere near extremely poor so far this season he has looked decent atm and with the players behind him i am starting to feel that Torres can score whenever he steps on the pitch, with the players around him he will always get chances and i can see him scoring plenty of goals this season.

because it's been going on for a year and a half for Torres now...

he hasn't had Hazard and Oscar behind him for a year and a half and also hasn't been the number 1 striker for a year and a half! Torres knows now most games he will get the full 90 minutes to score so he doesn't feel that pressure of missing a chance and then seeing Drogba come on for him he knows he will keep getting service from top quality players for 90 minutes which can only be a good thing, if Torres can score inside the first half an hour tomorrow would you bet against him getting another? because i wouldn't, had Ramires passed to him against Reading he would have scored and most likely would have gone on to score 2 or 3 against them.

Another points from the conference -

no more signings, RDM is happy with the squad

Azpi gives us a great option, a player for the future

Moses another great option to have, RDM was full of praise

RDM hopes for a fantastic home form

Eden is enjoying English football

RDM:

• Marin out. JT struggling to be fit, may not be available. Says JT is a great leader, big loss.
  • RE: Luiz in Barcelona - Was at a sponsor event. Says it is inevitable in modern football, says as long it doesn't interfere with match days, he is fine with players attending such events.
  • RE: Luiz tweeting - Says Luiz will not be fined, Club has no policy regarding twitter.
  • RE: Azpi - Give us 'cover' for the RB position. Gives us more options. Says there are no set choices for positions, he is competing for a place.
  • RE: Moses - Player will have medical soon. Martinez did a 'wonderful' job with him, hopefully Chelsea can develop him further. Can play on either flank, gives us genuine width. Great option to have. Club tried hard to bring him in (5 bids), will be part of the club's future.
  • RE: 'Flair' players - Moses has different abilities to other signings, attacks space, more direct.
  • Important for the club to have a good start to season, very pleased with opening games. Good integration with new signings.
  • RE: Torres - 'Never had any doubt'. Says he came back from his holiday in good shape, confident, he is ahead of the others in terms of preseason. Reiterates he is part of the team.
  • Says he is happy with the striking options. 'Probably' the end of Chelsea's incomings.
  • RE: Outgoings - 'Probably' no outgoings 'at the moment'.
  • Post Reading - Club has tried to find an attacking/defensive balance.
  • RE: Newcastle - 'Always' have difficult games against them. They have a lot of quality. Haven't beaten them at the Bridge since 2007.
  • RE: Cisse - Hopes no player will ever score 2 goals like his against us again.
  • RE: Newcastle's attack - Have many similar players to Chelsea (CAM). Have to make sure their threat is controlled. Says they can be 'dangerous' and 'lethal'.
  • Says Home form is just as important as Away. He would like to have Home form in the mould of City's.
  • RE: Hazard - Says he is enjoying his football in England. Usually takes time to adapt to a new league, says he has adapted very quickly.
  • RE: Loanees - The players that go out on loan, the Club follows closely. Acknowledges it is hard for young players to break into the Chelsea team with established internationals. Cites Bertrand as 'perfect' example of a loanee. Important to gain confidence elsewhere.

RDM: 'I'm very happy with the squad now. I think it is good and competitive and we are looking to go into season with this squad.'

Roberto Di Matteo says John Terry is struggling to be fit for Newcastle due to neck injury suffered v Reading. #CFC

Has Luiz been fined for tweeting? RDM: "No - generally we don't fine our players for tweeting, we remind them of their responsibilities."

Di Matteo says Moses fee has been agreed, and its a matter of passing a medical now. "He has great dribbling ability and good pace."

RDM: 'Cesar Aspilicueta will give cover at right-back with Ivanovic and Ferreira and gives more options and competition

RDM: 'I never had any doubts about Fernando Torres this season. He came back from holiday in great shape.

RDM: 'I'm very happy with the squad now. I think it is good and competitive and we are looking to go into season with this squad.'

Will any players leave Chelsea? Di Matteo: "It doesn't look like it now."