Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but there's another side to this. He said he wants to play as a striker this season, his work rate on the right is also poor. Bertrand was a winger before he got converted to a LB and so knows how to play there and will work more for the team. Complain if we had Marin available but Robbie decided to just go with Bertrand, not when we have a lack of options up there due to injuries

Good point. Im just kinda sick of playing with so many defensive players no matter who were against. I just cant remember a game under rdm where we haven't played with a defensive winger. He seems overly cautious to me. Im not saying rdm hasn't done a good job i just think we should be playing better than we have been considering the amount of talent we have in the squad.

Why is everyone so pissed at Bertrand starting?

Because we're playing a shite Wigan team lucky to be playing in Premier League and not Sunday League and who cannot make 3 passes in the row and be 10 man and the referee behind the ball and blablabla

there only one that we can judge before the game!!! our Slow Double Pivot is sh*t.....

I agree. Think thats our main problem. We seem to have to play a defensive winger because lampard cant play in the double pivot. Seems to me that, if we have to sacrifice a winger just to accomodate lampard, then we should probably replace frank.

Because we're playing a shite Wigan team lucky to be playing in Premier League and not Sunday League and who cannot make 3 passes in the row and be 10 man and the referee behind the ball and blablabla

Wigan caused us some big problems in past, I'm glad Robbie is taking a careful approach against them.

I am looking forward to see your reaction when Bertrand sets up a goal or maybe even scores one. Or simply doing his job properly.

Bosingwa, Kalou are out so you simply need someone who gets your stick :rolleyes:

He isn't playing as a defender though... Ramires when he played on the right hardly was lighting it up in attack... Bertrand could well be more offensive and act like a more conventional winger, we also still have a couple of players called Mata, and Hazard who are defeinately not defenisve and Torres who we all have high hopes for... TBH its a sensible decision imo for not starting sturridge against wigan...

Oooh the doom and gloom party has started early, I see :yay: Don't want to see this place at the end of the match if we don't win by 8 goals.

Seriously people chill. Bertrand did excellent in the community shield and has fully deserved this chance.

Wigan caused us some big problems in past, I'm glad Robbie is taking a careful approach against them.

In fact they caused us problems everytime. They kicked our asses when we lost 3-1, they're the first team (rather Manager) who understood that blocking the wings and put under pressure Mikel was the key to dominate us tactically. For two years, almost every team uses a similar game plan against us

Sturridge on the Bench with Bertrand starting on the left... Sorry, i like Bertrand but that is beyond stupid.

I disagree, we have 2 strikers, so it would be stupid imo to play them both at the same time. Sturridge can come on as a sub if we need him or if something happens to torres.