Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first half of last season he was our best player. He was also very good when he came on against city

Yeah but there's another side to this. He said he wants to play as a striker this season, his work rate on the right is also poor. Bertrand was a winger before he got converted to a LB and so knows how to play there and will work more for the team. Complain if we had Marin available but Robbie decided to just go with Bertrand, not when we have a lack of options up there due to injuries

OH !! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER RDM !! YOU DON'T PLAY WITH ONLY 3 ATTACKING PLAYERS AGAINST THE LIKES OF WIGAN !!!!!!

Sturridge should ve started instead of bertrand , for all i care even Piazon would have been a better option than Bertrand !!!

it annoys me how rdm seems to think he has to play with a defensive winger in every match. No other top clubs play with one. As much as i like bertrand id much rather see sturridge playing. He offers so much more going forward

probably because its wigan away and because he is short of options. i wouldn't play malouda and i think sturridge is being kept on the bench to be brought on as ST

also i dont know how much the defensive winger argument holds though. united have valencia while city dont necessarily play wingers but do play yaya toure and de jong or barry who are defensive midfielders.

barca and real may not care but remember 1. they are in the la liga and 2. they are much better than us

Don't particularly dislike it tbh, Bertrand and Cole should prvide pace and width on the left yet also provide some defensive cover and could let lampard go forward a bit more... To all those getting annoyed, It's not like Bertrand is gonna be our left winger this whole season but should be interesting to see... Can't wait... :) Oscar Cameo appearance...

RDM is the manager, he knows best! I am sure some of us doubted his inclusion of Bertrand in the Champions League final. He has looked at Wigan recently for a good few weeks and we should trust him on this game In RDM we trust. Bertrand has good attacking and defensive displays, there is a reason he chose him, just get behind the team for today

Dear people slating RDM for using a 'defensive winger' instead of someone else -

Ryan Bertrand started his career as a winger. He was then converted to an attacking full-back.

He is possibly the best crosser in our squad.

Many of you say Sturridge should have started there, but you'd then complain about him being selfish and not passing to Torres.

Bertrand is unselfish, and a team player. He doesn't care about personal glory (yet).

He deserves to start our first Premier League game of the season after helping us defeat Bayern Munich in our very last game of last season.

That is all.

exactly. can't believe people are having a go at rdm before the season has even begun. he doesn't have fuckin options as well. sturridge doesn't count. he doesn't want to play there and is a shite crosser. bertrand was the best option once ramires was injured