Oscar

themightyblue

As if the money is actually coming out of 'your' pocket and you complain about better options. Name them then, that are cheaper and have the same potential or more than this kid.

Oliver Torres.

Ozil and Kagawa were on the last year of their contract.

It's true, and that effects value a fair bit, but it doesn't cut it in half. Ozil went for 15M Euros. If he had another year or two left on his contract, maybe he would have gone for 20M Euros or so, maybe even more. The point is that he still would have cost a lot less than Oscar despite a much better pedigree. The issue with Oscar is not that we are paying a little too much, it's that we are paying probably 10M pounds more what a player of his experience should go for. Yes, he's a wunderkind, he's very talented, etc...but there are a lot of players like that out there. He could become an incredible player, but he could also become the next Anderson. There's simply no reason to be paying such an exorbitant fee for such an unproven player (and at a position where we didn't need anyone). 25M for a midfielder should be an elite, proven, young player, not a prospect.

It's true, and that effects value a fair bit, but it doesn't cut it in half. Ozil went for 15M Euros. If he had another year or two left on his contract, maybe he would have gone for 20M Euros or so, maybe even more. The point is that he still would have cost a lot less than Oscar despite a much better pedigree. The issue with Oscar is not that we are paying a little too much, it's that we are paying probably 10M pounds more what a player of his experience should go for. Yes, he's a wunderkind, he's very talented, etc...but there are a lot of players like that out there. He could become an incredible player, but he could also become the next Anderson. There's simply no reason to be paying such an exorbitant fee for such an unproven player (and at a position where we didn't need anyone). 25M for a midfielder should be an elite, proven, young player, not a prospect.

Wow I think every other Chelsea fan is pleased we signed him!

25m for another youngster is not exactly what I was hoping for especially that he plays in a position we are overstacked with. I feel the club is taking too much expensive risks in the market.

Last season the talk was: we lack creativity.

Now suddenly Oscar, a creative midfilder, plays in a position that we are overstacked with.

Its seems that the UCL trophy made some people forget how poor we were in most part of the season.

starter for Belgiun.

Oscar is a starter for Brazil.

The other starters in midfield recently for Brazil are Sandro, Lucas, Romulo, Caesmiro, and Gioliano. This is not Spain or Germany where the midfield are all world-class. This is a very young and unproven team and have been playing their young players as a warm-up for the Olympics so virtually all their starting players are under 23. If this were the World Cup or Copa America, Brazil would be playing a very different starting XI. For example, you look at the last couple of games Brazil has played- none of Cesar, Danny Alves, Lucio, Maicon, Andre Santos, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ramires, and Robinho played. (and Brazil lost both games).

Wow I think every other Chelsea fan is pleased we signed him!

Because way too many Chelsea fans (especially those who are post-Abramovich), don't care at all about money or value or what over-spending does to football in general. If we bought Oscar for 40M, the same people would be saying "great signing, he's the next Iniesta, who cares how much we spent?". Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have him and I will support him, we just spent way too much money to get him.

Things as I see them:

more players = better bench and squad = better performances = more styles = less fatigue

I don't care about the money, if club knows they have enough to cover every expenses than I'm okay with spending, besides I think majority of you guys forgot that we have NO DEBT as Roman covered it and we're fucking CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, baby, so we have dosh to toss around.