Oscar

themightyblue

Furthermore, its not like he has no re-sale value, if things don't work out we could sell him and get some of the money we lost back making it less of a gamble, though i believe and are hoping that it will not be the case. Also its another example of us getting one over on the Spuds which is priceless. :)

I believe that Oscar isn't a must have signing though can be very benficial to us becuase he is young, extremely talented and has the potential to become one of the best players in his postion. That does not mean he will... Young transfers are always a gamble, and a 25 mil gamble is a bit of a big one, but his youth gives him time and would be able to make him better... Put it this way, why do you believe that this is a terrible signing?

For the CAM position,Oscars position,I think we have enough players (Hazard,Mata.KDB and sometimes even Lampard or Raul) for the role.So then why spend 25m on a player we don't need at the moment.I don't think Oscar will like the idea of being a bench warmer either.

So if you had to choose between KDB or Oscar as a starter?Who would you choose and why?

As of right now probably Oscar, though i don't see what the surprise is... Lots of people post virtual lineups on here and none of them have KDB in them as yet... It also depends how we set up, who we are playing against and what our needs are. Though tbh i would play Lampard over everyone, because he is the greatest thing since sliced bread... :wub:

But in all seriousness the people in charge may seem like they just go nuts over a player and buy him, but they know what they are doing and arn't stupid. In RDM i trust and he will do whats best for our club...

So if you had to choose between KDB or Oscar as a starter?Who would you choose and why?

Idk because I honestly haven't watched either of them much. But from game complications I've seen, neither of them should start consistently over Frank or Raul. I so love the fact that kdb has size, but Oscar starts for Brazil. Also going by the hype: which is a good indicator, Oscar seems to be a bigger potential.

Idk because I honestly haven't watched either of them much. But from game complications I've seen, neither of them should start consistently over Frank or Raul. I so love the fact that kdb has size, but Oscar starts for Brazil. Also going by the hype: which is a good indicator, Oscar seems to be a bigger potential.

Do not underestimate KDB, he is going to be a class player for us. Mark my words!

The people in brazil seem to think he is pretty good and i hear they arn't short on good players.. After all you don't just walk into the brazilain team without having something good...

Also why does it have to be KDB or Oscar atm they are both chelsea players both have great potential and are both really young, and will have time to show how good they are.

For the CAM position,Oscars position,I think we have enough players (Hazard,Mata.KDB and sometimes even Lampard or Raul) for the role.So then why spend 25m on a player we don't need at the moment.I don't think Oscar will like the idea of being a bench warmer either.

I think if you gave all football players a chance to chose a position, over half of them would say they prefer the #10 position.

If we are building a man C like attack, we are gonna need Eden H to focus on scoring a little bit more.

Ridiculous amount of money for an unproven midfielder.25M for a midfielder should get you a young, proven, excellent player and Oscar is far from that. Chelsea bought Juan Mata, who had had 3 years of success in Spain, for less money. City got Silva , excellent in Spain, for less money. Manchester United got Kagawa who has been a dominant force for the best team in Germany for a year and a half for a lot less money. Ozil went for half the price. In fact, Oscar now becomes one of the highest priced midfielders in history. Hopefully Oscar develops well and makes himself worth it, but this is an enormous and needless gamble. Oscar has to become one of the best players in the Premier League for this to even be decent value.

Do not underestimate KDB, he is going to be a class player for us. Mark my words!

KDB is might not be developed as a #10 though. But I always root for players that want to be here and kdb wanted to be here.

Manchester United got Kagawa who has been a dominant force for the best team in Germany for a year and a half for a lot less money. Ozil went for half the price.

Ozil and Kagawa were on the last year of their contract.

IF oscar comes, which i don't want to be overconfident about seeing how this is a bit like a yoyo, i am reasonably confident he will be brought in to be a starter, and theres no resemblence between lukaku and Oscar... Lukaku doesn't start that much for belgium yet Oscar starts for brazil, that pretty much says it all doesn't it?

Joke

Before he came to Chelsea to rot on the bench, Lukaku was a starter...

Ridiculous amount of money for an unproven midfielder.25M for a midfielder should get you a young, proven, excellent player and Oscar is far from that. Chelsea bought Juan Mata, who had had 3 years of success in Spain, for less money. City got Silva , excellent in Spain, for less money. Manchester United got Kagawa who has been a dominant force for the best team in Germany for a year and a half for a lot less money. Ozil went for half the price. In fact, Oscar now becomes one of the highest priced midfielders in history. Hopefully Oscar develops well and makes himself worth it, but this is an enormous and needless gamble. Oscar has to become one of the best players in the Premier League for this to even be decent value.

Brazilian wonderkid, 20 years old, a phenomenal talent. Of course he will cost big money but he is worth every penny, I can't believe this seems like its going to happen, the club is on the verge of signing one of the brightest young talents in world football, a smile wouldn't hurt.

Joke

Before he came to Chelsea to rot on the bench, Lukaku was a starter...

So what i said was an observation which was correct so i don't get you are disgreeing with me on. I would start Lukaku for belgium, simply stating that he doesn't and no offence but the brazil team is better than the belgium team...

Actually Oscar reminds me of Fabragas when he was at Arsenal. His upright strance, vision , workrate, and playmaking skills are invaluable.As we can see our current midfield cannot keep possesion unlike previous seasons gone by. But in this case with Oscar a midfield three of Mikel, Lampard, and Oscar resembles 09/10. when our midfield Consisted of Mikel, Lampard, and (Deco/ Ballack)= Oscar.

Interms of KDB he is a Lampard replacement in the long run as i see him and Mceachran as CM's ( Even thogh he can play in the 3 " 4-2-3-1"). Our game has changed since we can no longer rely on Drogba. Let me give you a hypothetical means of our play next season, as i believe it would resemble that of Spain's ( continous circlelation of man and ball and costant possesion the EPL has never seen before): Torres/ Hazard ( our iniesta), Oscar ( our Fabragas/ orzil), and Mata ( our silva).