Oscar

themightyblue

Many are calling us title contenders. I believe we are, but we singed unproven players in the English game. They have a mass amount of potential. interesting to see where it leads.

---------Torres--------

Mata----------Hazard

--Oscar---Ramires---

-------Romeu----------

What i would deploy

When we make a thread about a player all we get is, he's brilliant a must get etc. Once it's been reported we have bidded and it's been accepted, it's all no it's too much, he won't fit our system, there's better options, he's overrated blah blah blah.

This happened with Mata, people saying he's too slow and not ready, look what happened.

Hugh?, that never happened. 95% of 'this' forum & fans in general were satisfied with the Mata signing, it was unanimously perceived as a smart signing.

Hugh?, that never happened. 95% of 'this' forum & fans in general were satisfied with the Mata signing, it was unanimously perceived as a smart signing.

It did, people were worried when the rumours grew stronger, one I can remember was Warnie. I know he wasnt very satisfied about it, but he came along and impressed.

So, it looks like a better bargain that the worst transfer spending in history? If you judge anything by what Liverpool did in the last couple of years, it will look great.

This is just not true. I have already shown what the cost of players are today. In the last 2 seasons, Mata signed last year for 23.5M. Silva signed or 24M. Kagawa was 17.5M (with only a year left ton contract), Ozil signed for 15M Euros (same contract situation) Ya Ya Toure was 24M. Reus was 17.5M Euros, Ramires for 22M Euros, Etc..All of these players were more established than Oscar and Oscar is going for more than all of them. 25M for a midfielder should get you someone like Mueller or Modric (not for Chelsea because of the bad blood there) not just a promising young player. And "the cost of players today" is pretty much because of us and a few other teams driving up costs in moves like this one.

(And Drogba was 26 and a striker and coming off a fantastic season in League 1 and in Europe. Strikers always cost more money.)

I like your black and white way of looking at things, let me add some colour to your examples.

Valencia in debt, were always going to sell their best players (Villa, Silva, Mata) other clubs knew they were in debt and knew they could get the players for smaller fees than they would normally have to pay.

Kagawa, a year left on his contract, enough said.

Ozil, a year left on his contract.

24 million pounds for a player that is nearly 30, as great as he is, he hasn't much re-sale value and is not a young player. On top of that he was no longer an important part of the Barcelona team when they sold him.

Reus, good player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Oscar.

Ramires, very good player, industrious but of course the rare talent of Oscar will fetch more money than the work-horse Ramires.

What this boils down to is how good do you think Oscar is and how much potential do you believe him to have, I rank him very highly and I can honestly say there aren't many young players I've seen with more potential. Maybe you feel differently which is why you object to the money we are paying for him.

Let's not re-write history, we all remember what was being said during Drogba's first season, coming in from an average league, way overpriced, not even that young. He proved to be one of the best bits of business the club has ever done.

The two signings are incomparable.

The Oscar deal is very much in the mould of Lukaku, insane fees for raw talent.

Lukaku still has time, he's 19... Nearly all the best players were given time when they where younger. Think it's unfair on Oscar, we haven't seen him play in a Chelsea shirt yet either, and he's 20 years old.

Because way too many Chelsea fans (especially those who are post-Abramovich), don't care at all about money or value or what over-spending does to football in general.

how did you calculate this?,

It did, people were worried when the rumours grew stronger, one I can remember was Warnie. I know he wasnt very satisfied about it, but he came along and impressed.

look at Matas thread Warnie gave glowing praise for Mata ,,,his post got over 10 reps ...as TX said the forum gushed over his signing ,,not

a single negative in the first 5 pages

Lukaku loan to barca wouldnt be bad idea. I heard they are looking after tall strong striker :D

Who compares Oscar to Lukaku? two different players, positions, ages, nationalities, styles,...you can never compare talents. Lot is in head and Oscar did prety well on bigger games.

And no one realy expected Lukaku to start games, Torres and Drogba was much too heavy, but I hoped he will get some more time than he actualy got. While I expect Oscar to have much bigger role this year, maybe not starter, but as a player who can replace any man in our midfield

or attack, he has much more chance to play because of his variability.

look at Matas thread Warnie gave glowing praise for Mata ,,,his post got over 10 reps ...as TX said the forum gushed over his signing ,,not

a single negative in the first 5 pages

Buzzin then?, I can't remember that, I remember Warnie even saying he us slow and a very risky signing. So get off my dick you pedophile.

It's true, and that effects value a fair bit, but it doesn't cut it in half. Ozil went for 15M Euros. If he had another year or two left on his contract, maybe he would have gone for 20M Euros or so, maybe even more. The point is that he still would have cost a lot less than Oscar despite a much better pedigree. The issue with Oscar is not that we are paying a little too much, it's that we are paying probably 10M pounds more what a player of his experience should go for. Yes, he's a wunderkind, he's very talented, etc...but there are a lot of players like that out there. He could become an incredible player, but he could also become the next Anderson. There's simply no reason to be paying such an exorbitant fee for such an unproven player (and at a position where we didn't need anyone). 25M for a midfielder should be an elite, proven, young player, not a prospect.

Simple, we as one of the richest club in the world will always have to pay a premium for big names or upcoming stars.

The two signings are incomparable.

The Oscar deal is very much in the mould of Lukaku, insane fees for raw talent.

I;ve told you already Oscar is not a raw talent at all! I'll admit Lucas is and less so neymar but Oscar is already shown unbelievable mature for his age. To come in to Brasil and take the number 10 in such style is incredible. You have to understand the belief Menezes has shown in him is a sign of how could he can be. He has taken over ganso who has been unlucky with injuries but is a first team player now. He does not get pushed over easily as you'd think, in Inter he stands up well and for Brasil too. Lukaku had to compete with Torres, Drogba and Sturridge and he was 18 years old. This boy can play in the middle and switch to left of midfield like at inter with mata if he needs too and hazard too. CFC board wanted Lukaku whereas Oscar makes so much more sense.

Record means nothing in this case, Lukaku was one example but a so called poor record will not deny the fact that Oscar is a player with huge potential. Lukakuy was mishandled by AVB, if we had a manager who wanted him in the first place it could be different story too. Broken promise story indicates he promised games over taking a straight loan to Andrelecht like it was being reported but AVB was stupid with him.