Oscar

themightyblue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtaS9sixyA

I think this is one of his best displays for us. The quality to those passes was incredible. It was also one of the best presentations from any of our AMs this season. Hazard has been great for most matches, but Oscar has been amazing yesterday too. I wonder how many chances he's created... about 4?

I was impressed with Oscar's passing too. He actually made a few great through balls.

Yeah, Oscar benefitted greatly from Sporting's suicidal high-line; many of the through-balls he played were simple passes down the sides that released players into acres of space.

Oscar's passing/final pass is an issue in tighter games against opposition that defend deep. Against sides that play such a high-line most players would be able to pick passes rather easily.

That's not to take anything away from his performance though because he played well.

Yeah, Oscar benefitted greatly from Sporting's suicidal high-line; many of the through-balls he played were simple passes down the sides that released players into acres of space.

Oscar's passing/final pass is an issue in tighter games against opposition that defend deep. Against sides that play such a high-line most players would be able to pick passes rather easily.

That's not to take anything away from his performance though because he played well.

True. Maybe I was impressed because I don't high expectations of Oscar when it comes to passing. Nonetheless, it was a good performance (if he weren't wasteful, it would have been an excellent performance). His form has been encouraging lately.

He had his best game yet as an attacking midfielder despite a couple of wayward passing. He was actually very creative. just needs to showcase more of this type of performance as when Fabregas inevitably loses form and/or gets the Gerrard treatment, we will need someone to step up.

This was the best performance I've seen from Oscar the entire year. That 1v1 chance was worse than I remembered though, could have chipped it, could have dribbled past the goalkeeper, could have passed to Schürrle, yet he Torres'ed it. But that other pass to Schürrle's opportunity was beautifully executed. Expecting this last match to give him confidence to keep up with the good performances.

but that's his style. Oscar isn't a flair kind of player, he doesn't do mesmerizing dribbles. He's a very smart player with glimpses of good vision and creativity that are currently under development. If he carries on developing well, he'll be a player with very good vision as well as creative, but in a different way to Hazard for example. If you look in two of those chances created - the pass to Costa and Schurrle sitters, he pretended he was going to pass the ball, didn't pass yet, the markers moved and then he passed. That's the kind of thing he does, it's very similar to the kind of thing Cesc does. They can be creative, show great vision and creativity with simple passes...

I disagree about the tighter games statement, the pass for Schurrle, he was pressed by two or three players (can't remember) and another one it was the same (the pass to Costa at 4:45). The problem with Oscar is consistency and turning glimpses of vision and creative into a normal occurrence. I don't think he has a problem to pass in tighter games. I think he has a problem carrying on form. He has one great match, then a quiet one, then he goes a couple of months playing really well, then a few months playing badly. He needs consistency and confidence to keep rinsing and repeating performances such as against Sporting. While he's no ace holding possession and passing in tight spaces, I don't see him incapable of doing it. He can protect the ball really well and he can pass under pressure. He just doesn't do it consistently.

It seems his creativity has suddenly become better because last season I cant remember how many times he pissed me off by fucking up simple balls and final passes,am not his biggest fan but I would say he's improved in some aspects of his play and I'm impressed because if he could keep giving us performances like this over the course of the season then we have one more player to confidently rely on to deliver

Amazing performance. He was a step ahead every time Arsenal tried to play, made some crucial defensive plays and kept possession well most of the time. The attacking players didn't have many options up front so it's hard to fault them for not creating chances.

But in Chelsea's set up today, he was absolutely brilliant. Watched him play with a smile on my face.