Oscar

themightyblue

Ramsey would give Oscar a good run

Edit. Nevermind, you were talking about the other shit houses :rolleyes:

Well, based on Arsenal Mania, they seem to think Ramsey currently has been terrible. Also they play different positions. Isn't Ramsey the same as Cesc? A #7 as Mourinho would call? While Oscar can tackle and press, he's still a #10 - even if it not the most creative, although he shows some flashes now and then. At most I'd label him as an #8, but mostly a #10. So I don't see how Ramsey - who's supposedly the same as Cesc (at least imo), a #7 with some creativity could be comparable with Oscar - a #10 with a few shortcomings. Those kind of players balance each other, but they don't replace each other. Also I've read a lot of criticism towards Ramsey lately... even from Arse fans.

I rate Remy over Daniel...

I wouldn't go as far, but Costa >>>>>>> Daniel

Well, based on Arsenal Mania, they seem to think Ramsey currently has been terrible. Also they play different positions. Isn't Ramsey the same as Cesc? A #7 as Mourinho would call? While Oscar can tackle and press, he's still a #10 - even if it not the most creative, although he shows some flashes now and then. At most I'd label him as an #8, but mostly a #10. So I don't see how Ramsey - who's supposedly the same as Cesc (at least imo), a #7 with some creativity could be comparable with Oscar - a #10 with a few shortcomings. Those kind of players balance each other, but they don't replace each other. Also I've read a lot of criticism towards Ramsey lately... even from Arse fans.

I wouldn't go as far, but Costa >>>>>>> Daniel

exactly...

Ramsey was shit and pop ups randomly for a tap in.... People just see MOTM highlights and not games...

how much football he has played isn't important to me, he is payed a shitload of money... So he HAS to give his all. My respect for him has fallen apart after what he did before the WC. So far he has a point to prove to ME (as a fan) and to nobody else. He had decent 60 Minutes against Swans (first 30 min. he was awfull imho). Te previous games he wasn't good to me neither. So lets hope he can pick up his form. He is still young.

What was frustrating was he's still an unfair target and a scapegoat here whenever we're anything below top class. I read people calling for him to come off in the first half ... why? Everyone bar Hazard was bad in that first half, especially for the first 20 mins.

Simple mate, we always need a scrapegoat. Kalou, Malouda, then Torres (and Ramires a few times) and now Oscar. He was great against Swansea. Shame that backheel didn't get in.

Simple mate, we always need a scrapegoat. Kalou, Malouda, then Torres (and Ramires a few times) and now Oscar. He was great against Swansea. Shame that backheel didn't get in.

this scapegoat excuse always comes up when there is nothing more left to argue about and the "fans" of a ceratin player dont know what to say else. He to mi isn't a scapegoat he has lost his form, he was in scintillaiting form at the beginning of 2013/14 campaign, because he did what was needed that time, play a high energetic game, without the fancy shmancy flashy stuff... he still doesn't do the latter but neither he does the other things. He is technically gifted for sure but no hazard, cesc, sala or mata. He is more like Shürrle. At the moment he is one of the weaker ones and I hope he gets over dis pretty long going period...

this scapegoat excuse always comes up when there is nothing more left to argue about and the "fans" of a ceratin player dont know what to say else. He to mi isn't a scapegoat he has lost his form, he was in scintillaiting form at the beginning of 2013/14 campaign, because he did what was needed that time, play a high energetic game, without the fancy shmancy flashy stuff... he still doesn't do the latter but neither he does the other things. He is technically gifted for sure but no hazard, cesc, sala or mata. He is more like Shürrle. At the moment he is one of the weaker ones and I hope he gets over dis pretty long going period...

I agree with that. Oscar was below expectation for a while and I believe we can all agree on that. My biggest issue with some fans is when the following happens:

Player A is a scrapegoat.

Player A plays badly, Player B plays badly => Fans: Player A was bloody awful!

Player A does alright, player B is invisible => Fans: Player A was awful, the hell was that?

And yeah, he has the biggest chance of dropping to the bench since our defense is leaking and we all know Jose doesn't like that. I said it the moment we signed Fabregas that Oscar's position in team is under threat and I still remain under that impression. Sure, they are not on the same position, but generally I find our team much nicely balanced with Ramires playing with Cesc and Matic in a midfield trio. They can defend, they can pass, they can run, they can press, really complete trio I must say.

Still to early to judge for me though, I'll give Oscar until January to show what he can do and they say what I generally think. This ain't FIFA after all ...

I agree with that. Oscar was below expectation for a while and I believe we can all agree on that. My biggest issue with some fans is when the following happens:

Player A does alright, player B is invisible => Fans: Player A was awful, the hell was that?

And yeah, he has the biggest chance of dropping to the bench since our defense is leaking and we all know Jose doesn't like that. I said it the moment we signed Fabregas that Oscar's position in team is under threat and I still remain under that impression. Sure, they are not on the same position, but generally I find our team much nicely balanced with Ramires playing with Cesc and Matic in a midfield trio. They can defend, they can pass, they can run, they can press, really complete trio I must say.

Still to early to judge for me though, I'll give Oscar until January to show what he can do and they say what I generally think. This ain't FIFA after all ...

this is pretty much my opinion at this case, too...

Well if you look back through my post history, you'll find I'm far from a blind Oscar fan who cries 'scapegoat' if his weaknesses are pointed out.

What I didn't like in the Swansea game was that he was being depicted on the match thread as one of the worst players on the pitch when (to my mind) that wasn't true. He was part of a below par front 6 for sure, but no worse than anyone bar Hazard. That is what led me to make the original comment.

DIsagree. Cesc cant play the role OScar plays and the role Jose wants..

Unless, Jose officially moves to 4-3-3 with ramires, than I dont see how its possible.