Oscar

themightyblue

Why everyone keeps putting so much weight on the #10 I don't get.. when it is clear to me when watching us play the guy who is given the responsibility to create our attacks is Eden Hazard has been from the beginning of the season. Arsenal play with Ozil as #10 and he doesn't play behind striker .. Oscar position behind the striker in our set up anyway is a more tactical approach because what he can off both offensively and defensively. Hence why when he was dropped it wasn't just a simple fix to play Hazard centrally Mou chose to play Willian there instead.

Oscar needs to do better, if this forum is any indication of Chelsea fans on a whole he will be sold because he is not "good enough" .. Something I disagree with because Oscar main problem is his consistency and always would be for a 22 year old. Messi and Ronaldo, Robben or Ribery were not consistent at 22 either and back then showed flashes but faith from supporters and manager allowed them to mature and turn into the best players in world football. Yes at a club like Chelsea we have title aspirations but so do all the teams those players play for and still were given time. Get off the kids back and get behind him. This go equally for Hazard too young kid poor WC and some are doubting his commitment to be a top player . When these players find their consistency I'd rather they be Chelsea players than playing against us.

It's a very bad idea to have only one source of creativity in the team, and it puts too much pressure on Eden--and makes everything harder for him. Defenders know whom to mark to neutralize the team's creativity. Oscar's got very good work rate and defending skills, but he must have different skill set to play at the #10 position. Most good teams have multiple playmakers, not one. To expect that Hazard will save us on the creative front every game is not only unfair, but also unrealistic. Granted, if Hazard has a great season and Fabregas plays a deep-lying playmaker, the lack of creativity from the player who actually occupies the #10 position might not be so noticeable.

I don't want Oscar to leave. He's a good kid and very useful, but it's true that he must seriously improve to be considered a playmaker. Right now he plays like a midfielder that was forced up the pitch into a creative position where he doesn't belong.

Why doesn't he bulk up so we can play him as a CM, he looks so so squishy.

Well, some guys can't get big naturally or without "stuff."

Ramires never got bulky/big, but players fear him because he has a reckless attitude at times...

Also, getting"big" will probably lessen his stamina and his work rate. However, improve other areas./

Well, some guys can't get big naturally or without "stuff."

Ramires never got bulky/big, but players fear him because he has a reckless attitude at times...

Also, getting"big" will probably lessen his stamina and his work rate. However, improve other areas./

He doesn't have to bulk up that much, just a little bit. They don't have to get scared of him but I think some more muscles might do him some good, he looks like a child at the moment.

He doesn't have to bulk up that much, just a little bit. They don't have to get scared of him but I think some more muscles might do him some good, he looks like a child at the moment.

i think for football players, the only option is in the summer for that.

During the season, I can imagine them being tired/fatigue from training sessions alone.

In the states, nba players usually workout during the offseason and not as much during the actual season.

It's a very bad idea to have only one source of creativity in the team, and it puts too much pressure on Eden--and makes everything harder for him. Defenders know whom to mark to neutralize the team's creativity. Oscar's got very good work rate and defending skills, but he must have different skill set to play at the #10 position. Most good teams have multiple playmakers, not one. To expect that Hazard will save us on the creative front every game is not only unfair, but also unrealistic. Granted, if Hazard has a great season and Fabregas plays a deep-lying playmaker, the lack of creativity from the player who actually occupies the #10 position might not be so noticeable.

I don't want Oscar leave. He's a good kid and very useful, but it's true that he must seriously improve to be considered a playmaker. Right now he plays like a midfielder that was forced up the pitch into a creative position where he doesn't belong.

I agree with both of these statements but my point is that everyone focuses on this #10 Role Bayern and Madrid create from deep with their WC CMs and have oustanding wing players with good CAM with good vision but even in that those players grew into that role and our older than our own Oscar. Even the best CAMs in the world have consistency issues Ozil for example came and had Arsenal looking like serious contenders until he got injured then went missing .. Oscar does need to put more into the offensive side of his game I am not disputing that because someone in a central role advanced positions should have more output on our final attack and I believe he will get there now with more creativity in the team and a striker who won't not put the ball in the net. Oscar thrives on fluidity and the rigidness of is tactical instructions made the parts of his game that we enjoyed last year and beginning of the season this year disappear.

i think for football players, the only option is in the summer for that.

During the season, I can imagine them being tired/fatigue from training sessions alone.

In the states, nba players usually workout during the offseason and not as much during the actual season.

Then he should start Bulking up now :P but who am I to say if he should or shouldn't bulk up, the team of trainers at Chelsea probably know best what to do.

How anyone can still defend him is shocking to me. Usually players of Oscars age who are destined for greatness show a respectable level of performance and consistency and the ones who do not are classed as flops and 9x10 it's usually the case.

What makes Oscar different from other promising youngsters who failed to progress/develop? Is he anymore talented than the likes of Robinho,Ganso,Pastore,Saviola,Recoba,Joaquin,Gourcuff, Bojan et al. These were players that showed huge promise as youngsters and were destined to fulfill their potential. if those players could fail then so can Oscar and atm the signs aren't looking too good. He hasn't shown anything over the course of a season at club level to suggest his rotten form at the moment is just a blip. Some of the names I listed achieved showed far far more promise and consistency at Oscar's age.

How anyone can still defend him is shocking to me. Usually players of Oscars age who are destined for greatness show a respectable level of performance and consistency and the ones who do not are classed as flops and 9x10 it's usually the case.

What makes Oscar different from other promising youngsters who failed to progress/develop? Is he anymore talented than the likes of Robinho,Ganso,Pastore,Saviola, Gourcuff et al. These were players that showed huge promise as youngsters and were destined to fulfill their potential. if those players could fail then so can Oscar and atm the signs aren't looking too good.

If you were a DJ I swear you would play the same song over and over again.

If you were a DJ I swear you would play the same song over and over again.

As long as people keep defending the indefensible. . . . There's no reason to believe in a player who cannot shake off 6 months of terrible form at club level. How many players worth preserving with as ever been as inconsistent as oscar at his age? If people continue to overrate him and find excuses for him then I will continue to maintain my stance. Those on the other side of the fence i.e "it's everyone's fault but Oscar's" are just as repetitive as me.

As long as people keep defending the indefensible. . . . There's no reason to believe in a player who cannot shake of 6 months of terrible form at club level. How many players worth preserving with as ever been as inconsistent as oscar at his age? If people continue to overrate him then I will continue to maintain my stance.

Gotze, Lucas, Coutinho, Pedro, neymar, Isco, jack wilshere, etc.....

This is what I'm afraid of. In the 2012 season it was 'tired because of the Olympics', last season it was 'tired because of the Confederation Cup/focusing on the WC' and now next season it seems it will be 'tired/emotionally drained because of the World Cup'.

How long do the excuses go on for? How do you excuse a player for going missing for nearly half a season or never really doing enough offensively? He's still a professional football player and gets rest/extra rest like other players who have also played in tournaments. I don't think the excuses can last forever and I think even some of the Brazilian member here would agree with me. He needs to have a much better season this season in my eyes. No more excuses.

Than what would you suggest?

Sell Oscar and let hazard/cesc lead the press for Jose? In La Liga, Jose might of said Ozil is the best 10 in the world, but anyone that watch RM knows that Ozil was a defensive liability and that Mourinho started to play him on the right side because of it.

This is what I'm afraid of. In the 2012 season it was 'tired because of the Olympics', last season it was 'tired because of the Confederation Cup/focusing on the WC' and now next season it seems it will be 'tired/emotionally drained because of the World Cup'.

How long do the excuses go on for? How do you excuse a player for going missing for nearly half a season or never really doing enough offensively? He's still a professional football player and gets rest/extra rest like other players who have also played in tournaments. I don't think the excuses can last forever and I think even some of the Brazilian member here would agree with me. He needs to have a much better season this season in my eyes. No more excuses.

Spot on.terrific post. It's ridiculous the extent people will go to defend their favourite players. When is it appropriate to conclude that he's just not good enough or consistent enough and we could do much better?.

The excuses are wearing thin for sure. Players like De Bryune and marin were dismissed (rightly or wrongly) and they never had even a quarter of the chances Oscar got in his first 6 months here alone. How's it fair that player A can continue to play poorly without consequence while player B get's dismissed after just a few appearances here and there.