Oscar

themightyblue

OSCAR SHOULD PLAY NEXT TO MATIC!!!

Why can't he be box-to-box? He's small, but strong. At least try it. Unless he doesn't want to.

Actually, Oscar is weak physically. Don't be deceived by all the tackles he averages per game. He gets brushed off the ball far too easily and he lacks the ability to protect the ball from the opposition like Mata used to do, so he can't compensate with that. He can't play in the pivot because he has never played there in his career.

OSCAR SHOULD PLAY NEXT TO MATIC!!!

Why can't he be box-to-box? He's small, but strong. At least try it. Unless he doesn't want to.

Yes, with his work rate, box-to-box seems like a logical thing. Let's face it: he's not going to be a world-class playmaker, because at his age, it's unlikely that he'll suddenly get a better vision and tremendously improve his passing and creativity. But he's still a good passer, has an okay creativity, great workrate and defensive contribution. If he puts on some muscle, IMO, he might become a good box-to-box.

Actually, Oscar is weak physically. Don't be deceived by all the tackles he averages per game. He gets brushed off the ball far too easily and he lacks the ability to protect the ball from the opposition like Mata used to do, so he can't compensate with that. He can't play in the pivot because he has never played there in his career.

thats not what I have seen . I have rarely seen him outmuscled

He gets outmuscled easily. If you ignore all the good tackles he makes, he is a lightweight. Why do you think he loses the ball so often when he plays as a 10? He only looks truly comfortable when he play out-wide.

Tip for everyone here:

Click here ---> http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18403-chelsea-season-review-201314

Click on the link inside.

Download the season review.

Enjoy how amazing Oscar was in the first half of the season and notice how good he can be.

Relax and hope he can have a similar form this season, especially that he will have more quality around him (namely, the striker) and hopefully a more free role.

Yes, with his work rate, box-to-box seems like a logical thing. Let's face it: he's not going to be a world-class playmaker, because at his age, it's unlikely that he'll suddenly get a better vision and tremendously improve his passing and creativity. But he's still a good passer, has an okay creativity, great workrate and defensive contribution. If he puts on some muscle, IMO, he might become a good box-to-box.

Yea. He has decent vision, not number 10 vision. Hasgood passing but no #10 passing. High workrate. If he's willing, give it a shot.

He gets outmuscled easily. If you ignore all the good tackles he makes, he is a lightweight. Why do you think he loses the ball so often when he plays as a 10? He only looks truly comfortable when he play out-wide.

Ignore his good tackles and loom at the bad? Lol. With Matic next to him it would work. I think.

Tip for everyone here:

Click here ---> http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18403-chelsea-season-review-201314

Click on the link inside.

Download the season review.

Enjoy how amazing Oscar was in the first half of the season and notice how good he can be.

Relax and hope he can have a similar form this season, especially that he will have more quality around him (namely, the striker) and hopefully a more free role.

I was thinking that when I was watching it. I think a lot of us forget how good he CAN be.

Ignore his good tackles and loom at the bad? Lol. With Matic next to him it would work. I think.

You need way more than being a "good tackler" to play in a double pivot. For instance, you have to be able to read the game and anticipate the opposition's attacks. Is there any proof Oscar is good at reading the game? The efforts of our CM/DM's were vital in protecting our back four. If you think super-pragmatist Mourinho is going to change that just to accommodate a player who has never played there before, then you have something else coming. It might be feasible on football manager but not in real life and not under Mourinho.

If you guys really think Oscar has the physical tools to be a box to box midfielder in Jose's system then you haven't been paying attention.

NO

WAY

IN

HELL

WILL

OSCAR

PLAY

A

BOX TO BOX

ROLE

FOR

JOSE!!!

NEVER!!!

If you guys really think Oscar has the physical tools to be a box to box midfielder in Jose's system then you haven't been paying attention.

NO

WAY

IN

HELL

WILL

OSCAR

PLAY

A

BOX TO BOX

ROLE

FOR

JOSE!!!

NEVER!!!

Okay. Sheesh. Stop yelling at me.

NO

WAY

IN

HELL

WILL

OSCAR

PLAY

A

BOX TO BOX

ROLE

FOR

JOSE!!!

NEVER!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ...so you can put words in columns and capitals .. well done .. soon you will be able to do joined up thinking

CONGRATULATIONS ...so you can put words in columns and capitals .. well done .. soon you will be able to do joined up thinking

It seems to be the only way to get the likes of you to understand a thing or two.

Everyone says Oscar was extremely fatigued playing as the no.10 in Jose's system so now he'll be fine to play CM? He's too lightweight to deal with the rigours of that positions demands.

It seems to be the only way to get the likes of you to understand a thing or two.

Everyone says Oscar was extremely fatigued playing as the no.10 in Jose's system so now he'll be fine to play CM? He's too lightweight to deal with the rigours of that positions demands.

I can understand logic not hype ,, The likes of me have probably seen 10 times the football you have ,,, ..

I can understand logic not hype ,, The likes of me have probably seen 10 times the football you have ,,, ..

Highly doubt that but even if that were true you're missing something when you watch it. Oscar was omitted from Jose's team when he played 4-3-3 that in of itself should tell you how highly he regards Oscar in that role.

You don't have to tell me Brazil did not look good this World Cup. But they looked much better before the World Cup. That's why I say, the pressure got to them. The whole fantasy of winning the World Cup in their own home, overcoming the trauma of 1950, the political pressure etc.

Again, this team was unrecognizable compared to the performances before the World Cup.

It's simple really - the whole team was built around Neymar's scoring ability - and when that's not there they look completely lost and disorganised. Neymar was brilliant in the CC = Brazil being brilliant, Neymar being quite good/ok = Brazil scraping through to the semis.

It's simple really - the whole team was built around Neymar's scoring ability - and when that's not there they look completely lost and disorganised. Neymar was brilliant in the CC = Brazil being brilliant, Neymar being quite good/ok = Brazil scraping through to the semis.

It's bigger than that. You see, take away the goals Neymar scored, or take away everything Neymar did in the CC and Brazil would still look good. Yet, Brazil hasn't looked good in this World Cup even if you count everything Neymar did in.

I'd say it's probably even bigger than tactics alone, despite it being one of the major factors. It was probably the sum of everything - missing our best players, pressure and nerves, lack of tactical plan + proper training, slump of other core players and strong opponents capable of exposing our flaws to the limit.

Oscar has to go simple as that he is not world class and I very much doubt he will ever be , his just overrated because his from Brazil just like most of the overrated expensive brazilian flops who went to the world cup, im telling u if he was not Brazilian he would hv been dropped a long time ago, pple still think they will get gems like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo just to name a few which makes Brazilian players overpriced and overrated kind of like how every English player with quick feet is thought to be the new Messi.