Oscar

themightyblue

Serves them right. They had their heads in Brazil in February and cost us the title with their half assed performances. Suck shit to them. Glad we got rid of Luiz, his erratic style of defending finally caught up to him.

This. Totally agree. I am a Chelsea fan, club should always come first.

Bayern Munich recovered after we beat them on their own backyard and came back stronger than ever the following season. Now they suffered a 4-0 defeat at the Allianz to Real Madrid only a little while back and look how their German players are performing at the World Cup now.

People are underestimating the mental strength of professional footballers. I’m certain Oscar and the rest of the Brazil boys will take this as a lesson learnt and use this experience to drive them to bigger and better things in the future.

While I agree with your overall point that footballers can and do recover from massive setbacks, I don't think any of those losses compare to what happened last night. That was the most brutal, devastating loss of all time in my opinion. The manner of the failure in a game of that importance; no club defeat even comes close.

Absolutely gutted for Oscar at the end. He is going to need a long break.

my personal assessment: he needs to be played in the position more fixed for him to develop further. It seems Mourinho knows he likes the #10 best, and Mourinho's tone seemed supportive imo, so I think he'll be given another chance. While I think he deserves another chance, I'm afraid the 7x1 may affect him much longer than the expectation about the WC did. He seems somewhat frail to deal with some certain kind of emotions.

I think he isn't ready to be our #10, the question is if we the fans and Mourinho are willing to give him a chance to grow. I think he's showed more than just a few glimpses of the quality he could offer as a #10, I don't know if he can consistently do those things and there's only one way to know.

I agree it's make or break at Chelsea. Maybe even if he fails here he could succeed in the position in a league such as the Spanish (can't imagine a team that would be good for him and that would want him) or even at PSG. I don't also write Italy off - but I'd like him to have another chance with us, in a season where the team is more stable. The question is: is Oscar emotionally stable enough to take that chance? I have no idea.

Won't Fabregas play the 10 role next year?

I totally disagree. In 2002 when Brazil won the world cup it was SO CLEAR that Scolari had nothing to do with it. It was all up to the players and their individuality. The team had no tactics, like when they were under Zagalo or Carlos Alberto. In this world cup, since the start, everyone including Brazilians noticed that this team is not performing well. In group stages Brazil was playing LONG AIR BALLS ALL THE TIME. Brazilians do not do that. Marcelo is a good player, Luiz, is a good player, Alves and Silva too. But their defense looked shaky from the start. When players perform well in their club and under a new manager and style they look like a crappy unit, it tells you something about the manager's defensive tactics. Forget that, look at the midfield selection. Ramires?! Paulinho?! Look at the striker selections, Fred?! Jo?!. Look even at the way the TRIED to transition to attack or build up play. You will not find anything clear or distinctive other than individuality. And most of it came from Neymar. I am not talking about the game against Germany ONLY. I am talking from the start of the world cup. EVERY single player looked totally lost in EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Brazil only showed glimpses in the first 25-30 mins against

Colombia. And that was again based on individuality and excitement, along with the fear of the Colombians and the worst refereeing. Scolari himself said in the press conference that it was his fault for the selection he made. Putting individuals together in a team does not qualify a person to be a manger. It is how they play together and the cohesion of the team. The tactics and the way they approach every single match. Spain fell because of the players, tired, old....etc, but it was clear that had a strategy. Brazil.......no strategy, no tactics, no identity. That falls on the coach for his selections and tactics.

The coach plays a part but I disagree about how big his part is. The huge expectations and immense pressure was key in the way the players performed imo. They tried too hard. It's like driving a car and never taking your foot off the gas pedal.

Where was all this 'Scolari is completely incompetent' talk during the Confed Cup btw?

The coach plays a part but I disagree about how big his part is. The huge expectations and immense pressure was key in the way the players performed imo. They tried too hard. It's like driving a car and never taking your foot off the gas pedal.

Where was all this 'Scolari is completely incompetent' talk during the Confed Cup btw?

Buddy, that has always been my opinion on Scolari ever since I saw what he produced with a team that had Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Roberto Carlos, Lucio,....etc. Anyways, I wasn't referring to yesterday's performance. I am talking in general. Can you define a tactic that Brazil uses? I don't think so. Have seen a game for Brazil in this world cup with clear cut tactics? Perhaps a build up play that you see as a pattern? I really doubt. The 2002 squad were much more talented, and had already proven themselves and have been in tough situations with clubs a lot. This team is too young. You can't do that to young people. If you realize, even the Brazilians on this forum were not satisfied with the way Brazil played from their opening match. However, what hides it is a victory. What is the difference between Algeria, Ghana, USA, and Brazil? Who is more experienced, plays in top leagues, has an "experienced" coach, has higher talents? I agree that the expectations etc etc do have an effect and could have played a part. But again, what happened to the mental preparation the coach do or other staff do? They conceded 4 goals in 6 mins!!! What was worse, is that they showed no signs of putting the effort to come back with the exception of a couple of players. When you have a young team like this mate, the coach has a HUGE responsibility.

Buddy, that has always been my opinion on Scolari ever since I saw what he produced with a team that had Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Roberto Carlos, Lucio,....etc. Anyways, I wasn't referring to yesterday's performance. I am talking in general. Can you define a tactic that Brazil uses? I don't think so. Have seen a game for Brazil in this world cup with clear cut tactics? Perhaps a build up play that you see as a pattern? I really doubt. The 2002 squad were much more talented, and had already proven themselves and have been in tough situations with clubs a lot. This team is too young. You can't do that to young people. If you realize, even the Brazilians on this forum were not satisfied with the way Brazil played from their opening match. However, what hides it is a victory. What is the difference between Algeria, Ghana, USA, and Brazil? Who is more experienced, plays in top leagues, has an "experienced" coach, has higher talents? I agree that the expectations etc etc do have an effect and could have played a part. But again, what happened to the mental preparation the coach do or other staff do? They conceded 4 goals in 6 mins!!! What was worse, is that they showed no signs of putting the effort to come back with the exception of a couple of players. When you have a young team like this mate, the coach has a HUGE responsibility.

You don't have to tell me Brazil did not look good this World Cup. But they looked much better before the World Cup. That's why I say, the pressure got to them. The whole fantasy of winning the World Cup in their own home, overcoming the trauma of 1950, the political pressure etc.

Again, this team was unrecognizable compared to the performances before the World Cup.

You don't have to tell me Brazil did not look good this World Cup. But they looked much better before the World Cup. That's why I say, the pressure got to them. The whole fantasy of winning the World Cup in their own home, overcoming the trauma of 1950, the political pressure etc.

Again, this team was unrecognizable compared to the performances before the World Cup.

Come on man :). Pressure in ALL 5 MATCHES, including a match in the group stage against TERRIBLE OLD Cameroon after they have qualified. I haven't seen any build up patterns in the team. Brazil doesn't kick the ball around and play long wishful passes. It is more than just pressure. The final game was just a summary. Remember this, now that Brazil is going to play for the third position ( hopefully against Argentina :) ), you will still see no pattern what so ever. You might see a stronger fighting spirit in an attempt to redeem themselves, but still with no tactics. Can you see how Jose, takes the pressure off the players and mentally prepares them. I think Chelsea's gameplay is not the most exciting one, but I see a tactic. You are Dutch, can you see how Louis Van Gaal prepares a his young inexperienced team. Sure they might lose, but you can see a system. Pressure does not make you LOSE a system, pressure makes you miss pass, rush a couple of things, but not play randomly. You have to be a really weak individual to completely forget everything. And if that happens, maybe to a couple of players, not the entire squad. 1950 wasn't a trauma, simply because Brazil was a nobody in football. It was just starting to find itself. And I say this with all respect to Brazil. That so called trauma, Brazil overcame by becoming the best country that plays football and has the most titles. If Scolari was really a smart coach, then after that second game against Mexico, he should have realized that the not so convincing performance they had in the first game carried on in the second. Therefore he should have tried to make some adjustments. Instead all he did was sub Fernandinho for Paulinho. That is it. Not good enough I think. So let us agree to disagree mate. But I respect your point of view.

Well, what doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger. Oscar was slapped big time yesterday and hopefully this will get his feet back on the ground. If he is truly a professional he will be thirsty to try playing his best again for Chelsea. No more BS, time to get a rest and start working really hard after that. Make or break, definitely now.

Why everyone keeps putting so much weight on the #10 I don't get.. when it is clear to me when watching us play the guy who is given the responsibility to create our attacks is Eden Hazard has been from the beginning of the season. Arsenal play with Ozil as #10 and he doesn't play behind striker .. Oscar position behind the striker in our set up anyway is a more tactical approach because what he can off both offensively and defensively. Hence why when he was dropped it wasn't just a simple fix to play Hazard centrally Mou chose to play Willian there instead.

Oscar needs to do better, if this forum is any indication of Chelsea fans on a whole he will be sold because he is not "good enough" .. Something I disagree with because Oscar main problem is his consistency and always would be for a 22 year old. Messi and Ronaldo, Robben or Ribery were not consistent at 22 either and back then showed flashes but faith from supporters and manager allowed them to mature and turn into the best players in world football. Yes at a club like Chelsea we have title aspirations but so do all the teams those players play for and still were given time. Get off the kids back and get behind him. This go equally for Hazard too young kid poor WC and some are doubting his commitment to be a top player . When these players find their consistency I'd rather they be Chelsea players than playing against us.

Why everyone keeps putting so much weight on the #10 I don't get.. when it is clear to me when watching us play the guy who is given the responsibility to create our attacks is Eden Hazard has been from the beginning of the season. Arsenal play with Ozil as #10 and he doesn't play behind striker .. Oscar position behind the striker in our set up anyway is a more tactical approach because what he can off both offensively and defensively. Hence why when he was dropped it wasn't just a simple fix to play Hazard centrally Mou chose to play Willian there instead.

Oscar needs to do better, if this forum is any indication of Chelsea fans on a whole he will be sold because he is not "good enough" .. Something I disagree with because Oscar main problem is his consistency and always would be for a 22 year old. Messi and Ronaldo, Robben or Ribery were not consistent at 22 either and back then showed flashes but faith from supporters and manager allowed them to mature and turn into the best players in world football. Yes at a club like Chelsea we have title aspirations but so do all the teams those players play for and still were given time. Get off the kids back and get behind him. This go equally for Hazard too young kid poor WC and some are doubting his commitment to be a top player . When these players find their consistency I'd rather they be Chelsea players than playing against us.

Well Messi, Robben and Ronaldo were a lot more consistent. Oscar hasn't played a good game in 5-6 months for us, we can't have someone in the team who is playing badly for months and months and months. He has to step it up again like he did in the first months of last season, if he doesn't do that what's the point in keeping him?

Well Messi, Robben and Ronaldo were a lot more consistent. Oscar hasn't played a good game in 5-6 months for us, we can't have someone in the team who is playing badly for months and months and months. He has to step it up again like he did in the first months of last season, if he doesn't do that what's the point in keeping him?

Really?

Not one good game... OK

It was like his career for chelsea scaled down to three weeks, First match good, after that he slowly gets worse. I understand the tactics wasn't great but the player also holds some responsibility, going forward he was dreadful.

He was bad going forward this summer.

However, so was Neymar and Hulk. I think tactics had a lot to do with all their production.

Really?

Not one good game... OK

Maybe 1 decent game, but I can't remember one. Still that's not good enough 1 or 2 games in months doesn't really matter. He will have to perform again next season and I'm hoping he does.