Oscar

themightyblue

He'll improve, clearly out form and needs a rest or something, played shit loads the past 2 years; probably should've been on the bench for Brazil if they had better options. Still thought he was one of Brazils better players tonight, even if that isn't saying a lot. Need to remember he is only 22, same age as Salah but people expect a lot more consistency and for him to be a regular

If he'd been player #10 for Germany I think he'd look better than Kroos did

Sign Kroos or Pogba and push Fabregas forward.

Play Schurrle either as 10 or move him to right-wing and put Hazard there.

I hope Oscar improves because I think he has a lot of tools, but he's been poor for a while now. At some point it stops being a phase and starts being the norm.

i meant for brazil nt.

Bayern Munich recovered after we beat them on their own backyard and came back stronger than ever the following season. Now they suffered a 4-0 defeat at the Allianz to Real Madrid only a little while back and look how their German players are performing at the World Cup now.

People are underestimating the mental strength of professional footballers. I’m certain Oscar and the rest of the Brazil boys will take this as a lesson learnt and use this experience to drive them to bigger and better things in the future.

Germans lost two world wars and recovered. I think you are overestimating the mental strength of other nations by comparing them with the Germans.

Bayern Munich recovered after we beat them on their own backyard and came back stronger than ever the following season. Now they suffered a 4-0 defeat at the Allianz to Real Madrid only a little while back and look how their German players are performing at the World Cup now.

People are underestimating the mental strength of professional footballers. I’m certain Oscar and the rest of the Brazil boys will take this as a lesson learnt and use this experience to drive them to bigger and better things in the future.

Tend to agree. Italy in 2006 after calciopolli is another example.

The only one player who really affected permanently is Luiz. Captaining Brazil team and losing 1-7 on the WC semis. That will haunt him for the rest of his life unfortunately. Other players, they could move on.

THANK FUCK GOD FOR MOURINHO!!!!!!!

You made my day, Chou Chou because although I was rooting for a Germany win, I didn't sign in for an humiliation.

I came here to say it was sad to watch the kid so lost. I kept my eyes on him a lot of times... he was the sacrificial lamb. It's sad. I was heartbroken. The inapt tactics by Felipão killed him... he wasn't good offensively, and he was a clinical defensively, but he was killed by the system, I nearly cried - for real.

Well he scored but let's be honest he was a headless chicken himself. As a no.10 you need a lot more. This is not the only game. He needs to do more than keep running around. If people slate Fred tonight then as much criticism goes to Oscar. No creativity from the midfield. The no.10 who was meant to be Oscar created nothing and seemed shy to even receive the ball until the last minutes of the game. For club and country he needs to do more because right now and like I have said before his game is limited on the offensive side of things.

who said he was played like that? From the field view, believe me, he wasn't. He was lost in the system, something between what he did before and trying to react. He didn't play Neymar's role at all, I'm not sure how that's up to discussion, much less an assessment.

THANK FUCK GOD FOR MOURINHO!!!!!!!

You made my day, Chou Chou because although I was rooting for a Germany win, I didn't sign in for an humiliation.

I came here to say it was sad to watch the kid so lost. I kept my eyes on him a lot of times... he was the sacrificial lamb. It's sad. I was heartbroken. The inapt tactics by Felipão killed him... he wasn't good offensively, and he was a clinical defensively, but he was killed by the system, I nearly cried - for real.

Tell me about it. Even I felt like crying seeing him at the final whistle.

Tell me about it. Even I felt like crying seeing him at the final whistle.

I think he must be feeling like: 'I did my best, sacrificed myself, played in a position or a role that I don't normally play and that was for nothing'.

I think he's been poor for months for us, but he's been executing his Scolari's role down to a T, but the heartbreaking part is that he made little runs, stopped and took steps back, as if remembering where he should be. He didn't play like a AM - much less a CAM - in any match for a considerable span of time. He was wasted.

That doesn't exempt him from being bad for Chelsea for months, but he did exactly what was asked from him for Brazil. Paulinho for fuck sake had more freedom to go forward than Oscar had. I think Oscar was sacrificed by a coward approach, by an obsolete manager and system (if there was a system at all). Manager that admitted in his press conference that he trained with the wrong team to mislead the media because the trainings were open. What sort of amateurism is that? Who the fuck does that?

But I'm really worried if he's going to recover from this blow. He seemed completely lifeless, broken, without ground at the end of the match.