Oscar

themightyblue

I think he must be feeling like: 'I did my best, sacrificed myself, played in a position or a role that I don't normally play and that was for nothing'.

I think he's been poor for months for us, but he's been executing his Scolari's role down to a T, but the heartbreaking part is that he made little runs, stopped and took steps back, as if remembering where he should be. He didn't play like a AM - much less a CAM - in any match for a considerable span of time. He was wasted.

That doesn't exempt him from being bad for Chelsea for months, but he did exactly what was asked from him for Brazil. Paulinho for fuck sake had more freedom to go forward than Oscar had. I think Oscar was sacrificed by a coward approach, by an obsolete manager and system (if there was a system at all). Manager that admitted in his press conference that he trained with the wrong team to mislead the media because the trainings were open. What sort of amateurism is that? Who the fuck does that?

But I'm really worried if he's going to recover from this blow. He seemed completely lifeless, broken, without ground at the end of the match.

Not that I'm a time traveler, but he will be fine :)

don't forget he score the only goal for Brazil.

The one I worried is Luiz.

Not that I'm a time traveler, but he will be fine :)

The one I worried is Luiz.

Luiz was somber after a while. He gave an extensive interview in the mixed zone. You don't do that if you haven't started dealing with this and most Brazilian players skipped the mixed zone - between them, Oscar.

so whats the verdict after this world cup? Personally thought he showed flashes here and there but for him to really pull strings at #10 he needs to become a consistently better passer. And yes I appreciate his tackling and the fact that hes a 2 way player, but I want our #10 to be someone who whenever he gets the ball at his feet your heart sinks expecting some class move or pass. Just not feeling that from oscar just yet. This is a make or break season 4 him imo. Reckon playing with fabergas and costa up front will help ALOT.

so whats the verdict after this world cup? Personally thought he showed flashes here and there but for him to really pull strings at #10 he needs to become a consistently better passer. And yes I appreciate his tackling and the fact that hes a 2 way player, but I want our #10 to be someone who whenever he gets the ball at his feet your heart sinks expecting some class move or pass. Just not feeling that from oscar just yet. This is a make or break season 4 him imo. Reckon playing with fabergas and costa up front will help ALOT.

my personal assessment: he needs to be played in the position more fixed for him to develop further. It seems Mourinho knows he likes the #10 best, and Mourinho's tone seemed supportive imo, so I think he'll be given another chance. While I think he deserves another chance, I'm afraid the 7x1 may affect him much longer than the expectation about the WC did. He seems somewhat frail to deal with some certain kind of emotions.

I think he isn't ready to be our #10, the question is if we the fans and Mourinho are willing to give him a chance to grow. I think he's showed more than just a few glimpses of the quality he could offer as a #10, I don't know if he can consistently do those things and there's only one way to know.

I agree it's make or break at Chelsea. Maybe even if he fails here he could succeed in the position in a league such as the Spanish (can't imagine a team that would be good for him and that would want him) or even at PSG. I don't also write Italy off - but I'd like him to have another chance with us, in a season where the team is more stable. The question is: is Oscar emotionally stable enough to take that chance? I have no idea.

Luiz was somber after a while. He gave an extensive interview in the mixed zone. You don't do that if you haven't started dealing with this and most Brazilian players skipped the mixed zone - between them, Oscar.

He was crying and feeling really bad on BEIN sport. Even Dunga was feeling like crap.

Yes, it seems like that. But, it will still in Luiz head for the rest of his life, as he is the captain and also an amount of huge mistakes he made in that game very costly, at the biggest stage and don't forget, playing at home. Imagine if you are in Luiz position, surely that will affect you, if not, you are not a human. Also all media blaming him right now.

For Oscar, yes, he might be really depressed for a moment, especially right after that kind of match, but after couple of months it will be fine. Especially he scored the only goal in that match.

But hey it is not their last game, there will be the third place to grab for Brazil. If they play well and win that game, especially it could be against Argentina. There would be something to cheer about :)

He was crying and feeling really bad on BEIN sport. Even Dunga was feeling like crap.

His post-match interview - that one in the pitch - was heartbreaking. I just saw it. But his mixed zone interview was somber.

Luiz is very emotional, but he's also very resilient, he'll be ready as new Saturday, I'm positive.

Yes, it seems like that. But, it will still in Luiz head for the rest of his life, as he is the captain and also an amount of huge mistakes he made in that game very costly, at the biggest stage and don't forget, playing at home. Imagine if you are in Luiz position, surely that will affect you, if not, you are not a human. Also all media blaming him right now.

For Oscar, yes, he might be really depressed for a moment, especially right after that kind of match, but after couple of months it will be fine. Especially he scored the only goal in that match.

But hey it is not their last game, there will be the third place to grab for Brazil. If they play well and win that game, especially it could be against Argentina. There would be something to cheer about :)

Actually you're absolutely wrong. As far as the channels I've been watching, Luiz and César are the only praised - or spared - players - ESPN and social media. Fernandinho was to blame in 2 of the first 3 goals, that's it. Luiz didn't guard position at the third (or fourth, can't remember), but that's Luiz and the match was already lost, as we didn't have any idea what to do after the second - reason why in the next 4 minutes another 3 goals were scored.

Anyway, the idea I get from those places is that Luiz isn't being trashed at all. Brazilians love him and his commitment, they can overlook mistakes that aren't even being put on him, but mostly on fernandinho.

His post-match interview - that one in the pitch - was heartbreaking. I just saw it. But his mixed zone interview was somber.

Luiz is very emotional, but he's also very resilient, he'll be ready as new Saturday, I'm positive.

Actually you're absolutely wrong. As far as the channels I've been watching, Luiz and César are the only praised - or spared - players - ESPN and social media. Fernandinho was to blame in 2 of the first 3 goals, that's it. Luiz didn't guard position at the third (or fourth, can't remember), but that's Luiz and the match was already lost, as we didn't have any idea what to do after the second - reason why in the next 4 minutes another 3 goals were scored.

Anyway, the idea I get from those places is that Luiz isn't being trashed at all. Brazilians love him and his commitment, they can overlook mistakes that aren't even being put on him, but mostly on fernandinho.

It is part of Luiz mistake of the first goal. One of the CB should have marked Muller. For the second, third, fifth, when they really need the CB to block player for shooting, yes Luiz is not make mistake there, because Luiz is not even in the box!

About the media, we might just read different kind of sources.

"We're treating me to try to play the final match of the Premier League, but I have to take care for the World Cup. We still have two very important games in the Premier League because Chelsea can be champions, but it is important to rest because the World Cup is here." ... Oscar told Globo Sport, last season.

It is part of Luiz mistake of the first goal. One of the CB should have marked Muller. For the second, third, fifth, when they really need the CB to block player for shooting, yes Luiz is not make mistake there, because Luiz is not even in the box!

About the media, we might just read different kind of sources.

I meant Brazilian media because you mentioned Brazilian media in your post and I corrected you on that. Haven't checked foreign, but saw some of it on ESPN.

He was one of the many players that could have marked Müller... why it was his exclusive responsibility when he was where most opponents were? I mean he could have done a better job - so could Gustavo, Dante or anyone else there. Then again why is it Luiz's fault alone?

As I said, Luiz plays with more freedom for Brazil and people just accept that. I know that style is unacceptable for many of you and I respect that, but we don't mind much. As I said he was the only player - along with César - spared by Brazilians (although many didn't spare anyone, but the only villains I see around on Twitter, FB, TV is Felipão and then Fernandinho). At the end of the day that's all that matters. Why should they care about what others think of them? Brazil doesn't see Luiz as a villain, but the closest to a hero, even today.

People have to stop blaming managers for everything. The team lost 7-1 at home. No team, with any formation should ever lose like that. People are complaining that Willian didn't start or why Fed plays or other changes. It would have made no difference. Brazil was destroyed. You think Scolari said "Hey Luiz, go walk around central midfield and don't mark your man?". "Hey Fernandinho, give the ball away to the opposition every chance you get?" Managers ultimately make very little difference overall. If a team loses 1-0, you can point to some tactical mistake or sub that seemed strange (which people still do too often) but at 7-1? It's 99% the players fault. They were, to a man, atrocious and they have to take responsibility for that.

have we ever showed any pattern, organization, tactical response or even a system throughout the whole WC? Of course the 7x1 is mostly on the players - the circumstances that led it to that are all on Felipão. Sorry to disagree, but should they start producing any football they haven't at all in this tournament when they finally faced an opponent that 1) wasn't afraid of us; 2) was actually good (sorry, but Mexico and Colombia aren't what I call good, just motivated and didn't even believe much they could win). There's a lot of merit to the German side here that shouldn't be ignored, But Brazil was a shame through and through with only the first half against Colombia and some moments against Chile salvageable. Good thing we've said as much before today.

Also, lol, have you been following Chelsea since Ancelotti left and before Mou came? Because we basically provided a field research about how a manager can fuck with a team. AVC (edit: oops, typo, AVB) wherever he goes? The list could go on and on.

People have to stop blaming managers for everything. The team lost 7-1 at home. No team, with any formation should ever lose like that. People are complaining that Willian didn't start or why Fed plays or other changes. It would have made no difference. Brazil was destroyed. You think Scolari said "Hey Luiz, go walk around central midfield and don't mark your man?". "Hey Fernandinho, give the ball away to the opposition every chance you get?" Managers ultimately make very little difference overall. If a team loses 1-0, you can point to some tactical mistake or sub that seemed strange (which people still do too often) but at 7-1? It's 99% the players fault. They were, to a man, atrocious and they have to take responsibility for that.

I believe it's the opposite. When you lose by little, by details, that may be traced back to a player, to a mistake. When you can't even take the ball out of your defense if not for aimlessly shooting long balls forward and you have no presence in the midfield that's not on the players. Sides with way less quality could manage to give more trouble to this german side with proper management. More often than not, large scores like that are result of wrong management or HUGE skill gap. While it's true the german side had better talent, in no way it would translate in 7-1 if our team had proper management. Do you believe Argelia had a better squad? Nope, but they had a proper game plan and knew how to execute it. That way they gave the germans a run for their money. One could argue that the germans played this SF better than ever before in this tournament, and I would agree with that, but our team also has more quality than most teams Germany has beaten in their way to the semis so it should sort of even out. All that considering we had a team of course, not a bunch of players thrown on a pitch.

I meant Brazilian media because you mentioned Brazilian media in your post and I corrected you on that. Haven't checked foreign, but saw some of it on ESPN.

He was one of the many players that could have marked Müller... why it was his exclusive responsibility when he was where most opponents were? I mean he could have done a better job - so could Gustavo, Dante or anyone else there. Then again why is it Luiz's fault alone?

As I said, Luiz plays with more freedom for Brazil and people just accept that. I know that style is unacceptable for many of you and I respect that, but we don't mind much. As I said he was the only player - along with César - spared by Brazilians (although many didn't spare anyone, but the only villains I see around on Twitter, FB, TV is Felipão and then Fernandinho). At the end of the day that's all that matters. Why should they care about what others think of them? Brazil doesn't see Luiz as a villain, but the closest to a hero, even tod

Sorry for the confusion about media. Yes for sure it is not only Luiz fault, all the back four and DM should take all the blame. Maybe I just spotted only Luiz who is out of position. But I have to somehow agree with this line quoted from newspaper,

'Had that back four, players who have Champions League pedigree with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Inter Milan, remained at their stations and stayed in position the score would have been 0-0 at half-time.

Instead they hared around the stadium, losing their minds and this game even before Thomas Muller struck Germanys opening goal in the 11th minute.'

have we ever showed any pattern, organization, tactical response or even a system throughout the whole WC? Of course the 7x1 is mostly on the players - the circumstances that led it to that are all on Felipão. Sorry to disagree, but should they start producing any football they haven't at all in this tournament when they finally faced an opponent that 1) wasn't afraid of us; 2) was actually good (sorry, but Mexico and Colombia aren't what I call good, just motivated and didn't even believe much they could win). There's a lot of merit to the German side here that shouldn't be ignored, But Brazil was a shame through and through with only the first half against Colombia and some moments against Chile salvageable. Good thing we've said as much before today.

Also, lol, have you been following Chelsea since Ancelotti left and before Mou came? Because we basically provided a field research about how a manager can fuck with a team. AVC (edit: oops, typo, AVB) wherever he goes? The list could go on and on.

And we only looked good, as I said in the match thread, because they were not pressing our pivot / centre-backs, they were trying to defend too deep and passively. Also the ref giving every little foul and disrupting the game helped us quite a bit. Look at our toughest games. Mexico, Chile and Germany. All of them pressed us heavily in the transition from defense to midfield. Just watch them again. The only difference between those games is that Germany had a better side and knew what to do better and more dangerously after gaining possession. It was clear as day we had a problem building anything as a team.