Oscar

themightyblue

A spot-on and fair analysis by Squawka of his dipping of form (although I don't get why they mention Mata in title and in some points of the text, if they also mention that the turnover point was his injury in December, and also mention the weather, that is difficult for him to deal with, go figure)

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/03/04/has-the-emergence-of-chelseas-30m-superstar-hindered-oscars-sublime-form/2014030477913

ofcourse all the fatigue, loss of form, etc goes right out of the window and him and luiz magically transform into superman when it's Brazil. if they gave 70% of the form and effort they consistently display in the NT for Chelsea, no one would be complaining.

Atta boy! Just realized the depth this Brazil team has in the DM positions Paulinho, Fernandinho, Ramires and Gustavo is insane.

Surprised to see Gustavo on the bench right now.

His performance on Mata in particular in the CC final had me thinking he was always one of the first names on the team sheet. Brilliant defensive mid he is.

Fernandinho has earned this callup though. Easily one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season.

His performance on Mata in particular in the CC final had me thinking he was always one of the first names on the team sheet. Brilliant defensive mid he is.

Fernandinho has earned this callup though. Easily one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season.

I'm pretty sure Paulinho and Gustavo are Scolari's go to guys. This week's fixtures for 80% of the teams are more about who won't be going to the world cup as opposed to who will be going. Coaches want to see those so-so players and see how a few players link up together. The following 2-3 friendly fixtures for teams will be more about gelling the team

Gustavo is one of Scolari's trusted men in the squad. He said he's testing both Fernandinho and Rafinha (RB) and they'd play 90 minutes so he could assess if they can be part of the group or not.

Scolari needs Fernandinho to a #6 and he's not convinced he's defensive enough to give him that because in City they basically play with two #8's (his view, not mine) in Fernandinho and Toure.

What a finish by Oscar! I haven't watched the match - had no idea when it was supposed to be. Did he have a good first half? I see he was subbed by Willian in the second.

Oscar is always very good when he plays for Brazil. I'm sure He will come good for us again soon.

Good goal.

I thought he was "fatigued" hence the reason he's been playing very poorly for us in recent months. Where does he always get the energy and form from when playing for brazil?

I thought he was "fatigued" hence the reason he's been playing very poorly for us in recent months. Where does he always get the energy and form from when playing for brazil?

one of the key for his success in Brazil in my opinion is that we play 4-3-3 instead of 4-2-3-1. He fits both systems just fine, but I think he fits better 4-3-3 and as the third man in the midfield. That's why I think he always plays well for us. As for him being tired, you have a point, but then again, I haven't seen the match to say if he's made the stupid mistakes he's been making for us simply because of lack of accuracy, and lack of accuracy to simple passes and tackles, lead many to believe he's tired, like his legs not obeying his brain commands. But as I said, haven't watched to say it precisely.

I don't know if Brazilian players are giving less to their clubs that might be unfair to say. I can say that every Brazillian player is distracted by the world cup, the Brazil NT is already big deal without the country hosting a world cup.

It was always known luiz and oscar play massively well for Brazil than Chelsea. Its not mou's tactics because it was still the same under RDM and Benitez.

But his early season form was comparable to how he plays for Brazil though

It's no wonder and it should come to no surprise Brazilians play better for Brazil than for their European clubs because of the physicality of NT football (most teams aren't that much physical, except a few cases in Europe) and the clubs are much more physical, especially in England. It's no rock science as everyone knows Brazilian players are light in general and the play here is lighter too. It's the same reason why they also play better in Europe than in the EPL. The physicality against clubs from certain countries is much less compared to England and more similar to what they've been used to their whole lives in Brazil. For Oscar I'm positive it makes a whole difference, not so sure about Luiz. We'd need to see him in a league such as the Spanish or the Italian to know if he'd do as well there as he does for Brazil.