Oscar

themightyblue

but we dont play like that, we dont play with two DM's we play with 1 (Mikel) and the other whether its Lampard. Meireles, Oscar ect they like to make forward runs and not just sit in front of the back four. Maybe when we play someone like Southampton at the bridge we may well play with the three behind Torres as Marin-Mata-Hazard as we could get away with it against those kind of teams but against the top teams that would be suicide! and Ramires would be a certain starter in those games because of what he offers going both ways, he adds that extra protection as well as ridiculous pace on the counter.

Also forget about Hulk he doesn't look like he's coming and personally i hope he doesn't.

What this guy said. I expect Ramires would start on the RW in most of the away games and against the better opposition. He offers an attacking outlet with his speed and better work ethic and cover coming back.

Against the Evertons of this world (at home) I think your more likely to find us playing Marin or a more technically proficient player who offers additional creativity.

I'm afraid that would be way too offensive, the central midfield would be way too easily overrun.

not necessarily given how deep we were playing last season. it's time we took the midfield forward. United's DM Carrick joins the attack at times, Arsenal's Song usually picks out the final ball, no reason why we shouldn't move the midfield to a bit more advanced proper Midfield position instead of CDM

“It’s a proposition I put to the players on the first day that we met,” Villas-Boas revealed. “We have to see, of course, whether it’s realistic or not. Other squads are evolving and you can’t always compete with Chelsea and Manchester City for players, as you know, of course, with Oscar [the Brazilian international Chelsea have this week gazumped Spurs to sign]." - AVB

If AVB is admitting this then to me the deal is very close

Most important moments were Lampars passes. Without him no when would have pass those balls to Ramires. but you could at least say both were simillary important.

First one I one hundred 100% agree, he dispossessed messi then gave that brilliant thru ball, 2nd time however, I understand lamps dispossessed fabregas and gave the brilliant ball once again, but a chip from that angle, from that distance, in that circumstance, legitimately only happens once in every world class player's career.

probably will be on bench first weeks as he adjusts to epl. wont be surprised to see

torres

hazard mata rambo

lamps mikel

and subs:oscar, marin, kdb

rdm will surely have them playin enough games

its great to have a problem of which attackers to play!

Yes, Oscar will be a sub, but should have at least 30 apps in the end of season. Smaller and medium teams first. Then bigger ones in seasons to come...

We should play 4:3:3 again then if we want to put our attacking players to greater effect. One of Oscar, Lamps and Rambo will sure sit on bench. If we get Hulk too, two of the three will sit on bench. And it would be good if we play our talents enough or they will ruin. All we need is give them proper chance; Romeu came as sub, played bit-parts and in some time become almost starter. Then he got no more chance....I hope Kdb, Oscar and Lukaku will play lot. These are players that will be our stars in years to come if we trust them enough.

I just don't see him coming in and starting right off the bat. IF he is our last attacking buy I see next season in the big games our 'strongest' line up something like mikel and lampard in the pivot; ramires, hazard and mata in front and torres as striker.

I think he could well be groomed as lampards successor but that will take time. Next season he'll get gametime in the 'three attacking midfielders' to become accustomed to the league and from there the club can decide his best position and give him opportunities to force his way in to becoming first choice.

This is quoted from some link I read on the bleacher report, someone who knows more about the player than most of us and regarding by what I have read here looks like a potentially brillaint signing awaiting us :)

"Chelsea's latest signing is that of Brazilian midfielder Oscar, who the club picked up from Internacional in the last few days.

Make no mistake, this is a massive signing for the club. Oscar will start for the Blues, despite being only 20-years-old.

Ed Malyon at the Daily Mirror highlights exactly what Blues fans are to expect from the midfield sensation next season.

That is, something brilliant.

Oscar might have only netted 10 goals in 23 appearances for Internacional ("only"), but his impact at the club will be in the attacking midfield role.

He will play a similar role to that of Luka Modric at Tottenham. He is able to explode into attack and destroy his opponents, but also play his teammates in for goal-scoring opportunities.

Oscar has been compared to world football legend Kaka, and will no doubt be a star of the English Premier League for several years to come."