Oscar

themightyblue

this deal is happening.

Blind optimism? :P

The fee being talked about is rather extreme - £25mill is a hell of a lot for someone who has never played in europe before. Mata was an established top european player - clearly far ahead of where Oscar is now and sold for less.

Neymar situation was different, Santos wanst trying to get more money, they were trying to not sell the player, and they got it. Neymar will leave in 2014 for nothing, but until there Santos will get a lot of money from sponsors, more money from tv rights, get more fans... Neymar value is priceless for Santos when we talk about marketing. Santos will get more money with Neymar until 2014 than they would get with a transfer of 50m for Europe.

Inter to other side is willing to sell Oscar, and they are indeed trying to get more money. Oscar is not even close of being as markatable as Neymar and he is not as important for Inter as Neymar is for Santos in football terms. So for Inter it makes sense to sell Oscar for a lot of money, they just bought Forlán, their fans wont even notice if Oscar move to Europe.

thanks for the "inside" info. whilst i guess my comment about the Santos president taking the piss is still kind of true i have a better understanding of why he/they chose to make that stand now.

although more marketable ,bigger name etc...i`m more excited by the thought of signing Oscar than i ever was with Neymar. i do believe that we will never sign Neymar now so i guess it doesn`t matter now but Oscar seems to be a far more safer bet as a signing.taking into consideration not just the players skills but the whole picture of what it takes for a player to make it in a country foreign to him and in particular in England.

Neymar is an amazing player, though his price tag would represent that and they know we payed 50 mil for torres, so if you use that as a measuring stick i hate to think of what the asking price will be. Wheras Oscar is nowhere near as well known, and has the chance to become as huge a star, for a hell of a lot cheaper price tag... Also if he does become the star i think he has the potential to become then, we would have added to value to a player, which would have re-sale value if we were ever inclined to do so. Obvioulsy Neymar would be less of a risk, though as everyone says about every new player... "he is unproven in the premier league"... Both are quality but i think the value attributed to oscar is great and the fact he can play a number of positions for us would also help. Though if santos want to give us neymar for 30 mil, then ignore everything i just said :)

What did truly make me laugh and wonder was in 2010 a bid was rejected by santos of 12 million from none other than west ham...

How funny would it have been to see west ham and then neymar upfront... classic... how things could have been different... :blink:

Is he actually coming or not, a few days ago this was made out to be about 99% done.

Same was with Silva, first it was done deal, then he said he is staying and all was quiet and now he is Psg player officialy. Fee was probably agreed but there are some things to sort out before it is official then.

The fee being talked about is rather extreme - £25mill is a hell of a lot for someone who has never played in europe before. Mata was an established top european player - clearly far ahead of where Oscar is now and sold for less.

The president said 20 million Euros is too low. £25millis 31 million Euros, I doubt that is their valuation. 25 million Euros should be enough.

Valencia have been struggling with finances in recent years.well about the last 5 years as they need to find cash for new stadium. if you check the prices that they sold the other players for they were all reasonably priced because of that.

that is Oscars price because other teams would pay less. we could always step aside and wait till Porto or Benfica have had him for a year or two then spend double that to get him or we can think like they do and get in early.

there`s over 200 brazilian players in Europe and yet Oscar is fast becoming a regular starter in their national team without having yet played here. that should say something.

Valencia have been struggling with finances in recent years.well about the last 5 years as they need to find cash for new stadium. if you check the prices that they sold the other players for they were all reasonably priced because of that.

that is Oscars price because other teams would pay less. we could always step aside and wait till Porto or Benfica have had him for a year or two then spend double that to get him or we can think like they do and get in early.

there`s over 200 brazilian players in Europe and yet Oscar is fast becoming a regular starter in their national team without having yet played here. that should say something.

This. People always complain that we don't do business like they do, now we have the chance.

Brazilian club Internacional insist that Oscar's potential move to Chelsea must be the biggest in the country's history.

Chelseaspacer.gif and Tottenham have both been strongly linked, but Brazilian sources put the European champions firmly in pole position for the 20-year-old midfielder.

And now Inter chief Giovanni Luigi has revealed that they want any deal for Oscar to smash the Brazilian record, and Chelsea are close to this.

"I want the transfer of Oscar to be the biggest transfer deal ever in Brazilian football," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.

"And the Chelsea offer isn't that far from that."

However, Luigi admitted that they would have no qualms about keeping Oscar - just as they did with Leandro Damiao.

"Last year Tottenham made two offers for Leandro Damiao. We kept him and he was very important," he continued.

"He is Internacional's top scorer in Libertadores and Brazil's national team number 9.

"Oscar's situation is similar. I'm part of an administration that has always been competent to replace those players that leave.

"If regarding Oscar we get offers that match our expectations, we'll negotiate.

"But they have to be of the value that mean significant resources for Internacional. But those values would be the biggest negotiation in Internacional's history."

(Source: SSN http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter)