Oscar

themightyblue

Where will he play? I agree he is one of our best players... He isn't a winger, and is most effective central... Cant play CAM because of Mata, and he cant play in the 2 deep positions beacuse he likes to roam forward to much, and the idea of a 4-2-3-1 is to be solid and allow the front 4 to roam. So unless we switch to a 4-3-3- which i don't think we should do its hard to see where he can play, as much as i rate the guy.

we are expecting way too much of marin and thinking him to be way better than he is. atleast for the 1st epl season rambo will be given preference on the right.

we are expecting way too much of marin and thinking him to be way better than he is. atleast for the 1st epl season rambo will be given preference on the right.

rambo won't play on the right.. he will play a deeper role depending on oppositions, mikel

Ramirez

You ofcourse haven't literaly said they wont become world-class in the future but then your whole post doesn't make sense. Ofcourse that Torres;Mata,Oscar,Hazard line up is not world-class, Hazard been in club for tree weeks now? Oscar is still player of Internacionale. Whad doest most competetive attack means? Yes, having young team is surely not something that will win you a match instantly, but I ment that among those young attacks in the world, among young players we have maybe the best ones. We all know we have troubles about overpaid players, but what can we do, something Special One with Roman started in 2004 won't stop itself.

(Also if you replace Torres in that forward line of yours with Sturridge, the line would be same quality and cost 30M less.)

I was just arguing the point you put obvious statement that attack which have 4 player, one of them currenly playing for different club and one having been in club for three week, not beeing world-class. It is obvious, you can only argue about their future. Also the comparision with Man Citeh, ManU and Juve was stupid.

EDIT: Btw mentioning Fabio Borini was also very stupid, most of us are still dissapointed that he havent fully shown us his talent here becuase lack of playing time.

I've already said that letting Borini go, doesn't bother me. You can't keep every young player and one of every 50 that you let go will come good, but that wasn't my point (and how it was "very stupid" to mention him, is beyond me). I am mentioning Borini and others to show how cheap young players can be. If Chelsea wanted Borini again, we could get him for 10-12M. And why are comparisons to other teams stupid (a word you seem to like)? Don't we have to compete with other teams to win? What bothers me the most is how every single young player with any talent is automatically going to be some superstar.What bothers me is how people vastly overrate players they don't watch regularly and vastly overrate potential. If you see a player play regularly, even a very good player, you see their flaws. So, small leagues are filled with incredible talent that we need to buy while the Premier League is crap. Walcott is garbage, Nani is crap, Nasri is useless, Sturridge is not good enough, but that 17 year old who had a good season in the Mexican league? He's amazing. Just look at his youtube compilation video! We paid 70M pounds for him? So what? Who cares about money?

I've already said that letting Borini go, doesn't bother me. You can't keep every young player and one of every 50 that you let go will come good, but that wasn't my point (and how it was "very stupid" to mention him, is beyond me). I am mentioning Borini and others to show how cheap young players can be. If Chelsea wanted Borini again, we could get him for 10-12M. And why are comparisons to other teams stupid (a word you seem to like)? Don't we have to compete with other teams to win? What bothers me the most is how every single young player with any talent is automatically going to be some superstar.What bothers me is how people vastly overrate players they don't watch regularly and vastly overrate potential. If you see a player play regularly, even a very good player, you see their flaws. So, small leagues are filled with incredible talent that we need to buy while the Premier League is crap. Walcott is garbage, Nani is crap, Nasri is useless, Sturridge is not good enough, but that 17 year old who had a good season in the Mexican league? He's amazing. Just look at his youtube compilation video! We paid 70M pounds for him? So what? Who cares about money?

I addmint that 'very stupid' was little too hars. About that team comparision, it was stupid because there were only two teams with world-class attack. And about us do not trying to get young notoverpirced prospects from Europe, well we got Kevin De Bruyne (14M?) Marko Marin ( 7M) not to mention others like Cahill, Ramires etc.

I think we should really try to get players like Oscar, well not too much of them but I didn't see very much of those in our team recently. Sure decent players from Europe are smaller risk but there is also smaller chance they will became world-class.

I addmint that 'very stupid' was little too hars. About that team comparision, it was stupid because there were only two teams with world-class attack. And about us do not trying to get young notoverpirced prospects from Europe, well we got Kevin De Bruyne (14M?) Marko Marin ( 7M) not to mention others like Cahill, Ramires etc.

I think we should really try to get players like Oscar, well not too much of them but I didn't see very much of those in our team recently. Sure decent players from Europe are smaller risk but there is also smaller chance they will became world-class.

I'm not saying that all of our transfers are bad, we just make too many bad ones of the same type (we seem to be focussed on one player and then overspend to get them ). Marin is an example of what a solid transfer looks like. A young player who has had some success in a top league for 7M pounds. It may not work out, but it was a good buy for value at the time. And trying to get the next world-class player is like playing the lottery-it's just awful transfer policy for a big club because it means while your competitors are going out and spending money for top players, you're paying the same money for players who could be top-level players but probably won't be. How many 20 year old live up to the expectations? Very very few.

This is an instructive link from 2007 on who this website thinks the best teenagers in football are -http://soccerlens.com/top-50-most-exciting-teen-footballers-2007/4258/. And these are players, many of whom have already had success. If you buy these types of players, yes, you might get a Sergio Aguero or a Kroos, but you also might get a Kerlon or a Franco Di Santo (Or even a Breno!). I guarantee that the same people who are drooling over 17 year olds with potential now would have been doing the same then. The best of the best of young players still fail a large percentage of the time.(And yes, I am aware that Oscar is not a teenager, but falls into the same "unproven, but has great potential" bracket).

In fact, I have to quote a few

I'm not saying that all of our transfers are bad, we just make too many bad ones of the same type (we seem to be focussed on one player and then overspend to get them ). Marin is an example of what a solid transfer looks like. A young player who has had some success in a top league for 7M pounds. It may not work out, but it was a good buy for value at the time. And trying to get the next world-class player is like playing the lottery-it's just awful transfer policy for a big club because it means while your competitors are going out and spending money for top players, you're paying the same money for players who could be top-level players but probably won't be. How many 20 year old live up to the expectations? Very very few.

This is an instructive link from 2007 on who this website thinks the best teenagers in football are -http://soccerlens.com/top-50-most-exciting-teen-footballers-2007/4258/. And these are players, many of whom have already had success. If you buy these types of players, yes, you might get a Sergio Aguero or a Kroos, but you also might get a Kerlon or a Franco Di Santo (Or even a Breno!). I guarantee that the same people who are drooling over 17 year olds with potential now would have been doing the same then. The best of the best of young players still fail a large percentage of the time.(And yes, I am aware that Oscar is not a teenager, but falls into the same "unproven, but has great potential" bracket).

In fact, I have to quote a few

Yes, but DiSanto or Breno never played part in their national teams. To be in brasil team, you simply have to be good. Media famed Lucas and Neymar so much, but looking at Oscar in friendlies, he was better than anyone of those two. I guess a bit underrated. That is why no one realy knew him before.

It is risk, but the reward is even higher in the end. And why do you need to trust him more than just potential? Because not every 20years old player becomes playmaker in brasilian squad and plays so well against adult teams of Argentina with Messi or Denmark.

Not much news today but here's a bit.

Vagner Martins @ _vagnermartins_

In short: Luigi leaves open question Nilmar, admits Chelsea's survey by Oscar and says Goose can play at Inter.

Who is "Goose" lmao?

And for once twitter is quite dead in terms of rumours about Oscar, last few days I think hes been the most talked about thing on twitter lol. In fact I think the only rumours I've heard today are about PSG possibly signing Ibra and Thiago Silva.. and Modric leaving but we all knew that.

Who is "Goose" lmao?

And for once twitter is quite dead in terms of rumours about Oscar, last few days I think hes been the most talked about thing on twitter lol. In fact I think the only rumours I've heard today are about PSG possibly signing Ibra and Thiago Silva.. and Modric leaving but we all knew that.

Goose is Ganso's nickname.

Yes, but DiSanto or Breno never played part in their national teams. To be in brasil team, you simply have to be good. Media famed Lucas and Neymar so much, but looking at Oscar in friendlies, he was better than anyone of those two. I guess a bit underrated. That is why no one realy knew him before.

It is risk, but the reward is even higher in the end. And why do you need to trust him more than just potential? Because not every 20years old player becomes playmaker in brasilian squad and plays so well against adult teams of Argentina with Messi or Denmark.

Yes, you have to be good to play in any decent national side, making that level means you have at least a certain quality, but it doesn't mean you are fantastic by any stretch of the imagination. There are a lot of factors. Depth of the position in the country, style of play of the coach, direction of the squad, etc... This is not the Brazilian team of a decade ago, filled with stars who played regularly for top European clubs (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, etc...). They are going full-on with youth which I think is probably good for them long-term and for the World Cup, but it means that players that are older like Ronaldinho, Ramires, and Kaka, don't really play. Do you think Sandro is a world-class talent because he plays regularly for Brazil? Giuliano? Do you think Meireles is a fantastic player because he starts for Portugal? Jordan Henderson must be amazing, he got called up for England. Is Mata crap because he almost never plays for Spain? Are you really trying to argue that Oscar's 6 caps are proof that he's a great player? Do you think everyone who has ever played for Brazil has gone on to be a world-class player?

And Neymar is much sought-after because of his achievements in the league. He was named best forward in Brazil the last two seasons. He was named best player in Brazil last year. He was named South American player of the year last season, he scored more goals than anybody else in Brazil in the last two seasons. To be the best player in Brazil at 18 and 19 is incredible. It's like Hazard, someone very young who has dominated a decent league. Even he might not be great in Europe, but there is a real reason why he's so hyped. You simply cannot say the same thing about Oscar (or Lucas Moura or any of the other Brazilian wunderkind)

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but I sincerely suggest you guys take a look at this:

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php/topic/54007-oscar/page__st__300__p__1154433#entry1154433

Mr.brasileiro is one heck of an expert of Brazilian talents and Brazilian football, extremely insightful opinions, highly recommended!!!!

in or out ... i just hope that RDM rotates the squad well... he is 20 and I am a bit skeptical that we might loan him out ... Marin, Hazard,Oscar, KDM, Lukaku ...i am trying to figure out what our starting 11 would look like ?

and since I don't know anything about Oscar, can any one tell if he is really worth the hype ???

PS: I am sorry if ^^^^ a reply has been posted :)

rambo won't play on the right.. he will play a deeper role depending on oppositions, mikel

Ramirez

i dont see y rambo cant play on the right wing. throughout the last season he had proved his worth in that position and got better at it. his tracking back is awesome , his pace is his biggest weapon and he can really hit big teams on the counter whereas if he is playin in a deeper role he cant venture ahead much, his tackling is not that good and same can be said about his range of passing. in short rambo should be our no.1 rw unless marin can prove otherwise.

i dont see y rambo cant play on the right wing. throughout the last season he had proved his worth in that position and got better at it. his tracking back is awesome , his pace is his biggest weapon and he can really hit big teams on the counter whereas if he is playin in a deeper role he cant venture ahead much, his tackling is not that good and same can be said about his range of passing. in short rambo should be our no.1 rw unless marin can prove otherwise.

He rarely ever played RW last season. For 90% of the season we played a 4-3-3, and he was in the midfield being the most advanced of the 3. He can play there, though i highly doubt he will.