Oscar

themightyblue

Hope the kid signs for Chelsea.

I like the idea of signing talented players in the 18-23 age group. It'll let them develop together as a group...and even if they don't quite develop in 3-5 seasons time, we can still sell them off for a decent fee.

He rarely ever played RW last season. For 90% of the season we played a 4-3-3, and he was in the midfield being the most advanced of the 3. He can play there, though i highly doubt he will.

even in 4-3-3 he always played on the right and a very forward role. by the way his best moments came on the wings when we were playing 4-2-3-1. the cross to dd against napoli, the square ball to dd against barca from the left wing, and the goal against barca was also from a wide positon.

solely or pushing Ramires to the right wing position is absolutely pathetic...someone whose technical qualities is in question...yes he survived in the position towards the end of last season...but much has to asked and analysed deeply...the counter attacking style RDM deployed made him due to his pace and work rate...and with d qualities RDM has at his disposal...I want to doubt he will

pathetic?? really. how easily we forget the guy whose brilliance it was that actually got us thru to the finals. AND IN BOTH THE LEGS. ramires has proven what he can do on the right wing. technique and all can take a hike. when he is not performing we can change but at this moment to even think that rambo would not be our no.1 right winger for either marin/oscar/bryune is an insult to rambo.

even in 4-3-3 he always played on the right and a very forward role. by the way his best moments came on the wings when we were playing 4-2-3-1. the cross to dd against napoli, the square ball to dd against barca from the left wing, and the goal against barca was also from a wide positon.

Those are rare occasions, Ive seen some shocking crosses from Ramires playing on the wing. He is only good there because he covers the RB. Ramires is a central midfielder. Ramires plays a lot better in the middle, making late runs into the box and scoring e.g. the one against City 2 seasons back.

Again he was playing the most advanced of the 3 in the 4-(3)-3, not at RW, there is a difference playing on the right of a midfield 3 and having a touchline role at RW. The square ball to DD was a run from midfield down the centre, caused from a great ball from lampard. The goal against Barca was from him playing right back and again was the use of his pace from a great ball from Lampard. As the man above me said as well. Ramires is a central midfielder whose main strength is his stamina as he is an amazing box to box player. He can definately play there if we need him but imo we will not be utilizing the best of ramires in that position and i would like to see what someone like marin can do in his preferred position and leave Ramires at RW as a backup idea. But ramires should definately feature with a role in th midfield even if he is not a guarenteed starter like last year.

Again he was playing the most advanced of the 3 in the 4-(3)-3, not at RW, there is a difference playing on the right of a midfield 3 and having a touchline role at RW. The square ball to DD was a run from midfield down the centre, caused from a great ball from lampard. The goal against Barca was from him playing right back and again was the use of his pace from a great ball from Lampard. As the man above me said as well. Ramires is a central midfielder whose main strength is his stamina as he is an amazing box to box player. He can definately play there if we need him but imo we will not be utilizing the best of ramires in that position and i would like to see what someone like marin can do in his preferred position and leave Ramires at RW as a backup idea. But ramires should definately feature with a role in th midfield even if he is not a guarenteed starter like last year.

so do u mean to say that we should drop our 4-2-31 which has proved so efficient for us just because some people think rambo is not a good rw. i and i am sure a lot of people would agree that rambo is definitely not suited in the double pivot role. i dont remember him playin once in that position and he simply should not. also against barca the run might have been from the midfield but he was playin as a lw and his run shows that he has the know how of that position, as for his goal he was playin as a rb but his one-twos with lampard were brilliant and so was the finish from the position of a rw. as far as crossing is concerned, who are we gonna cross to now, dd is gone and nando thrives more on thru balls and fast pacy play which rambo can provide, for eg- rambo's quick break against benefica to put torres thru on the wing and torres simply squaring it. rambo is great for the rw role.

so do u mean to say that we should drop our 4-2-31 which has proved so efficient for us just because some people think rambo is not a good rw. i and i am sure a lot of people would agree that rambo is definitely not suited in the double pivot role. i dont remember him playin once in that position and he simply should not. also against barca the run might have been from the midfield but he was playin as a lw and his run shows that he has the know how of that position, as for his goal he was playin as a rb but his one-twos with lampard were brilliant and so was the finish from the position of a rw. as far as crossing is concerned, who are we gonna cross to now, dd is gone and nando thrives more on thru balls and fast pacy play which rambo can provide, for eg- rambo's quick break against benefica to put torres thru on the wing and torres simply squaring it. rambo is great for the rw role.

No i am a big supporter of us playing a 4-2-3-1. I agree he isn't suited to playing DM either, which is why as i have stated a couple of times a few pages ago, i doubt he will be an automatic starter, as there is only one position that suits him which is in the CAM role of the 4-2-3-1 which Mata will probably be in due to hazard being on the left, therefore, it is unlikely he will start in my opinion, as mikel will be in one of the DM position adn the other one will be between lampard and possibly oscar if we get him etc. Then RW will go to marin, ramires or the more likely would be any other RW we buy, i.e. hulk or any of our other targets.

have we locked him up yet or is there a chance this may fall thru

There are reports suggesting Oscar has denied Chelsea's involvement with a possible transfer for his services. Nothing is set in stone and as much as we would all love for this to happen I wouldn't start putting Oscar into your Chelsea line up for this up and coming season just yet.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/13/Chelsea-wait-on-Samba-swoop/gnid-147597/

There are reports suggesting Oscar has denied Chelsea's involvement with a possible transfer for his services. Nothing is set in stone and as much as we would all love for this to happen I wouldn't start putting Oscar into your Chelsea line up for this up and coming season just yet.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/13/Chelsea-wait-on-Samba-swoop/gnid-147597/

I'm not 100% positive, but i thought i saw that quote alot earlier. Personally I hope we get this guy. Due to his strengths i feel that he can be very useful in the epl.

if avb has come out and said sth along the lines of 'we cant compete with chelsea as we saw with oscar' then i do believe that the deal is done apart from personal terms.

both maicon and oscar hopefully to be unveiled within the next 2 days.

http://www.setanta.c...op/gnid-147597/

His agent and the president have said otherwise. Something is in the pipeline, just maybe not as close as we all thought

His agent and the president have said otherwise. Something is in the pipeline, just maybe not as close as we all thought

Yea I have read everything his agent has to say on this matter and obviously there is no smoke without fire but all i would say is maybe we should keep our feet on the ground until, if ever this transfer is officially announced by the Chelsea board itself! I hope to God it does happen I rate Oscar highly.

pathetic?? really. how easily we forget the guy whose brilliance it was that actually got us thru to the finals. AND IN BOTH THE LEGS. ramires has proven what he can do on the right wing. technique and all can take a hike. when he is not performing we can change but at this moment to even think that rambo would not be our no.1 right winger for either marin/oscar/bryune is an insult to rambo.

never an insult to him...4 d mere fact that rambo performed brilliantly in such position in 3 or 4 matches will never make him a natural rw...i ve said it all...lacks technical attributes of been a winger...can be deployed there when need be or if situatin warrants...but 2 consider rami a rw is absolutely pathetic

I believe he truly will become the Central midfielder we've been looking for if we operate the 4 3 3.

----------Torres---------

Mata---------------Hazard

-----Oscar--Ramires---

---------Romeu-------------

A.Cole-------------Ivanovic

------Terry----Luiz----------

-----------Cech---------------

Out of every aspic with this Club, i will defend this lineup and formation as our best available option.

I believe he truly will become the Central midfielder we've been looking for if we operate the 4 3 3.

----------Torres---------

Mata---------------Hazard

-----Oscar--Ramires---

---------Romeu-------------

A.Cole-------------Ivanovic

------Terry----Luiz----------

-----------Cech---------------

Out of every aspic with this Club, i will defend this lineup and formation as our best available option.

Liking this, but probably replace Romeu with Mikel and Ramires drops back a little bit.

Almost the same lineup as the expert "brasileiro"'s which he reckons it's "scary!"