Oscar

themightyblue

He is likely to be playing deep, so he will not be in our front 4... Our front 4 atm is likely to be Marin,Hazard,Mata,Torres, with oscar in behind, unless we get Hulk.

No Ramires is one of our best players and most important players and will certainly play most games!

No Ramires is one of our best players and most important players and will certainly play most games!

Where will he play? I agree he is one of our best players... He isn't a winger, and is most effective central... Cant play CAM because of Mata, and he cant play in the 2 deep positions beacuse he likes to roam forward to much, and the idea of a 4-2-3-1 is to be solid and allow the front 4 to roam. So unless we switch to a 4-3-3- which i don't think we should do its hard to see where he can play, as much as i rate the guy.

he would play on the right in a 4-2-3-1 it would give us better balance in the team rather than having 3 players behind Torres who dont track back. Ramires is a must on the right hand side because of his ability going forward with his pace and his capabilities to track back and defend.

he would play on the right in a 4-2-3-1 it would give us better balance in the team rather than having 3 players behind Torres who dont track back. Ramires is a must on the right hand side because of his ability going forward with his pace and his capabilities to track back and defend.

100% agree.

You can't just have attack, attack, attack down the flanks.

I think Ramires is superb on the right hand side, and is lethal whenever we counter-attack. Dropping him is disrespectful too after that lovely goal vs. Barcelona which put us through to the final!

His finishing has also improved so much now. Whenever he breaks away from the last defender, I expect him to score, and he usually does now.

I doubt if he will play on the right in a 4-2-3-1. Becuase the idea is that it is supposed to allow movement of the front 4 and let them attack, with the two in behind to cover. Wheras Marin is an out and out winger, and if we were to buy hulk then he would be guarenteed to start there.

It wont be all attack atttack attack. In a 4-3-3 we have 4 men on the attack with support from the wings. So it would be exactly the same and wouldn't be all attack as with the exception of A cole roaming forward at times the back 5 will sit in.

I doubt if he will play on the right in a 4-2-3-1. Becuase the idea is that it is supposed to allow movement of the front 4 and let them attack, with the two in behind to cover. Wheras Marin is an out and out winger, and if we were to buy hulk then he would be guarenteed to start there.

but we dont play like that, we dont play with two DM's we play with 1 (Mikel) and the other whether its Lampard. Meireles, Oscar ect they like to make forward runs and not just sit in front of the back four. Maybe when we play someone like Southampton at the bridge we may well play with the three behind Torres as Marin-Mata-Hazard as we could get away with it against those kind of teams but against the top teams that would be suicide! and Ramires would be a certain starter in those games because of what he offers going both ways, he adds that extra protection as well as ridiculous pace on the counter.

Also forget about Hulk he doesn't look like he's coming and personally i hope he doesn't.

oscar will play cm position i think. No can be sure who will start, there is a lot of new talent and Di matteo will have to evaluate all players equally and choose the strongest starting 11, maybe we will see some surprises. Also Di matteo has a strong rotation policy so everybody will get a chance especailly now that we challenging on so many fronts.

Jesus...where did I ever say that "they won't be world- class in the future"? I said they aren't right now and nobody can seriously argue that. In the future, they could all develop splendidly . The problem is, the less proven players are, the more likely they are to flop. You talk about Kagawa as not proven in the PL. It's true, but of the 4 Chelsea players, how many had good seasons in the PL last year? One. And what does "most competitive attack" mean? You think Chelsea have the best attack? I don't get this obsession with youth. Youth, in itself, is not a virtue. Clubs don't win because they're young. Players that are young don't necessarily become great. In fact, the vast majority of them won't. People have this absurd notion that if you buy all young players, they will all become amazing.

I'm not worried about Oscar's size. I don't think players need to be big to succeed. I think he's a fine prospect and could very well have a great career (and I certainly hope he does). It's just that we are constantly overpaying for players. There are lots of promising young players. But you know what? Other teams buy these types of players for much much less. Seriously, go and look at any South American player and how much they were bought for to come to Europe, very few of them will be over 6-7M Euros. Hell, even players from other European leagues are cheaper. Liverpool are going after Borini who is a striker in Itali for around 8M pounds. City bought Balotelli, who was a regular striker for the top team in Italy at 19, for 22M Euros. Oscar is very different than Hazard. Hazard was the French player of the year in back to back years. The French League is not the greatest, but it's competitive and winning player of the year at 20 and 21 is incredibly impressive. You have to pay big for someone like Hazard because he is one of the brightest stars in world football.

(Also, for those of you who want to replace Milner with Balotelli, the total for Man City goes gets cheaper and gets much more talented.)

You ofcourse haven't literaly said they wont become world-class in the future but then your whole post doesn't make sense. Ofcourse that Torres;Mata,Oscar,Hazard line up is not world-class, Hazard been in club for tree weeks now? Oscar is still player of Internacionale. Whad doest most competetive attack means? Yes, having young team is surely not something that will win you a match instantly, but I ment that among those young attacks in the world, among young players we have maybe the best ones. We all know we have troubles about overpaid players, but what can we do, something Special One with Roman started in 2004 won't stop itself.

(Also if you replace Torres in that forward line of yours with Sturridge, the line would be same quality and cost 30M less.)

I was just arguing the point you put obvious statement that attack which have 4 player, one of them currenly playing for different club and one having been in club for three week, not beeing world-class. It is obvious, you can only argue about their future. Also the comparision with Man Citeh, ManU and Juve was stupid.

EDIT: Btw mentioning Fabio Borini was also very stupid, most of us are still dissapointed that he havent fully shown us his talent here becuase lack of playing time.

Edited by BlueSanti

The most important thing to note about Oscar is that he isn't a loping playmaker like Ganso, nor is he a speedy winger like Manchester United target Lucas Moura. Rather he is a mix of the two, boasting a more rounded game and a lot of footballing intelligence.

Oscar is such a talented central midfielder that he could certainly play in the same sort of role as Luka Modric does at Tottenham. And although his tackling is not great and he could do with beefing up a little, the same was said about the Croat when he arrived in England.

With his record of scoring goals and his inherent footballing qualities it is only natural to want to see Oscar play high up the pitch and closer to goal, which would put him in the central attacking role of a 4-2-3-1 at Chelsea, shifting Juan Mata out to the left. When he was younger he sometimes played on the right of that three, but it seems unlikely that we would see him there regularly now. He could be a player that moves further and further back during his career, though, as the likes of Modric - who was a 'number 10' at Dinamo Zagreb - and Danny Murphy have done in the Premier League to help their sides keep possession and build from deeper.

That sort of shift should be some way off though. Just as Sir Alex Ferguson killed the dynamism of a young attacker in Anderson, so any manager that tries to shackle the brilliance of Oscar would be making a big error and his goal in the recent Brazil friendly against Argentina last month shows some of his best attributes

but we dont play like that, we dont play with two DM's we play with 1 (Mikel) and the other whether its Lampard. Meireles, Oscar ect they like to make forward runs and not just sit in front of the back four. Maybe when we play someone like Southampton at the bridge we may well play with the three behind Torres as Marin-Mata-Hazard as we could get away with it against those kind of teams but against the top teams that would be suicide! and Ramires would be a certain starter in those games because of what he offers going both ways, he adds that extra protection as well as ridiculous pace on the counter.

Also forget about Hulk he doesn't look like he's coming and personally i hope he doesn't.

Thats because we rarely played this system and also there is a massive personnel change, to enable us to play this system more efficiently. Dont get me wrong i think Ramires is an integral part of this team and his stamina and engine is second to none. I am simply saying under this new system with all the personnel changes i doubt he will start most games. Just my opinion, i cant wait to find out anyway. I have a countdown to the start of the season :)

Converting Oscar could be bad decision. He has that attacking minded play and if we give him defensive roles, he will not excell in neither, offence or defence. Perhaps I am wrong, but change of league and country will be big enough for Oscar, if he gets different position, he might not evolve his potential. Definately, we should first only try playing him as CM, then see how he feels in that position. I guess, he wants some free role around midfield area.

Think we need to look at purchases from a squad perspective. It's no longer a question of starting elevens given the demands of the season. And with that in mind I think he offers some versatility, certainly want someone like him when playing at home against those teams who ate parking the bus (Everton springs to mind).