Oscar

themightyblue

As that brasileirao said, Oscar would fit best at CAM. Partly I agree with him, he plays there all time and could evolve to Ozil level or even higher, if we put him in double pivot, his evolution/progress might be damaged. From videos, yes he might play deeper than Mata or Hazard, but not in same line as Mikel. More like this:

-----Mikel------------

---------Oscar-------

Hulk?-Mata-Hazard

--------Torres-------

That would do, Oscar would have free role in middle, he is also known for his hard work to get ball back and contribute in defensive actions, but we shouldnt force him to play more defensive. His creative spark might be damaged then. Specialy I think first two seasons, he should work on position that suits him most and then, once he gets used to play in PL and evolves further, we might try him to play bit more defensive. Like Lamps who played as attacking mid, but later got some defensive abilities aswell. Definately Oscar shouldnt play CDM, but some free role between Mikel and Mata.

I'm afraid that would be way too offensive, the central midfield would be way too easily overrun.

Yes but Oscar is creator, not CDM. Several teams use only one CDM, besides Modric role was something similar. He always goes more forward and creating chances, than backwards and try to defend.

I think its pretty much a done deal once olympics is done. crossed fingers, really hope we get him

Hulk was also pretty much a "done deal". My advice, dont get your hopes up until its announced.

i dont see y rambo cant play on the right wing. throughout the last season he had proved his worth in that position and got better at it. his tracking back is awesome , his pace is his biggest weapon and he can really hit big teams on the counter whereas if he is playin in a deeper role he cant venture ahead much, his tackling is not that good and same can be said about his range of passing. in short rambo should be our no.1 rw unless marin can prove otherwise.

solely or pushing Ramires to the right wing position is absolutely pathetic...someone whose technical qualities is in question...yes he survived in the position towards the end of last season...but much has to asked and analysed deeply...the counter attacking style RDM deployed made him due to his pace and work rate...and with d qualities RDM has at his disposal...I want to doubt he will

As that brasileirao said, Oscar would fit best at CAM. Partly I agree with him, he plays there all time and could evolve to Ozil level or even higher, if we put him in double pivot, his evolution/progress might be damaged. From videos, yes he might play deeper than Mata or Hazard, but not in same line as Mikel. More like this:

-----Mikel------------

---------Oscar-------

Hulk?-Mata-Hazard

--------Torres-------

That would do, Oscar would have free role in middle, he is also known for his hard work to get ball back and contribute in defensive actions, but we shouldnt force him to play more defensive. His creative spark might be damaged then. Specialy I think first two seasons, he should work on position that suits him most and then, once he gets used to play in PL and evolves further, we might try him to play bit more defensive. Like Lamps who played as attacking mid, but later got some defensive abilities aswell. Definately Oscar shouldnt play CDM, but some free role between Mikel and Mata.

Oscar just isn't a pivot player. He presses well, but his tackling is way off the mark. He'd come to bring depth to the 3 attacking midfield positions and once he's really adapted fill one of those roles. We'd ruin him playing him there

-----Mikel------------

---------Oscar-------

Hulk?-Mata-Hazard

--------Torres-------

have we already forgotten our savior ramires, whose speed/brilliance were arguably the most important moments against barcelona

I think our line up is

cech

ivanovic/maicon-cahill/terry/luiz-ashley

ramires-lamps/mikel

Not sure- hazard-mata

torres

but the for sure starters at the beginning of the season are the back 5, ramires,hazard, mata and nando, not sure about the other deep-lying mid or right winger

Oscar will be a great signing and it is looking likely. Exciting times to be a Chelsea fan.

welcome aboard Wise.

indeed exciting times..tho i don`t recall the times at chelsea ever being dull.losing at home to Watford one week then winning at Old Trafford the next and such.. :)

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/904964-oscars-chelsea-move-to-be-blocked-until-after-london-2012-olympics

Now Metro claims we have to wait until Olympics finished and the price might go up to around 30M pounds.

In my opinion they are talking shyt, but well, you never know.

Oscar just isn't a pivot player. He presses well, but his tackling is way off the mark. He'd come to bring depth to the 3 attacking midfield positions and once he's really adapted fill one of those roles. We'd ruin him playing him there

Thats why I placed him in free playmaker role in middle instead of pivot next to Mikel...

have we already forgotten our savior ramires, whose speed/brilliance were arguably the most important moments against barcelona

Most important moments were Lampard's passes. Without him no when would have pass those balls to Ramires. but you could at least say both were simillary important.

i dont see y rambo cant play on the right wing. throughout the last season he had proved his worth in that position and got better at it. his tracking back is awesome , his pace is his biggest weapon and he can really hit big teams on the counter whereas if he is playin in a deeper role he cant venture ahead much, his tackling is not that good and same can be said about his range of passing. in short rambo should be our no.1 rw unless marin can prove otherwise.

If we are going to play a 4-2-3-1 then I agree he would be better suited to the RW. His pace and dynamism stretches defenses. I'm not convinced he is suited to playing in the double pivot, he has a habit of dwelling on the ball and was caught out a number of times last year.