Oscar

themightyblue

Since we are buying Hazard, Oscar, Marin,...I suggest we will play offensive football. And with offensive football we dont need more than four defenders and Mikel. Also in beggining, Lampard will play instad of Oscar more time, but eventualy Oscar will take his role. I expect in 2 years, he will get some weight and defensive abilities (not much, but enough to play there).

And what do you expect; play attacking football, but with 6 defenders + GK? I dont see why would we need more than one CDM anyway. Stop thinking so defensive mate. With possesion of the ball, you dont need to defend so much and if you attack, opponent cant right?

RIght now we would surely play Lamps ahead Oscar in big games, but in two years, Oscar will take that role (hopefully) and at that time he will understand PL game.

In TC transfer talk, more or less everything is pointless, but I count we will get Hulk in the end. It just cant be any other way. He suits us more than any player.

Yeah, I'm all for attacking football but Mata still isn't a central midfielder. I honestly believe Di Matteo will continue with the 4-2-3-1 with just small changes to make the team play a bit more offensive football but there's absolutely no point going all-out attack without any balance in the team. On the wings we are not going to need the wingers to defend their lungs out like they did last season at least in the Champions League but imo the midfield should stay pretty much the same tactically. If 4-3-3 was the way to go then Ramires is a certain starter in midfield to bring that balance between defense and attack but that wouldn't mean in the slightest that we would once again be playing defensive football and Ramires' massive contribution in both ends of the pitch should clearly show he's a wonderful asset to have in attack as well as defense.

I'm usually not one to post all those fancy fantasy lineups but here goes:

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Oscar

Mikel - Ramires/Lampard

defensive line + gk

Or

Torres

Hazard/Mata-------------------Oscar/Marin

Lampard/Oscar - Ramires

Mikel

defensive line + gk

If that's not attacking enough then I don't know what is.

And on a side note, I don't feel comfortable discussing these kind of things when the player isn't yet even close to joining the club. Let's get back to this if / when he signs. ;)

Yeah, I'm all for attacking football but Mata still isn't a central midfielder. I honestly believe Di Matteo will continue with the 4-2-3-1 with just small changes to make the team play a bit more offensive football but there's absolutely no point going all-out attack without any balance in the team. On the wings we are not going to need the wingers to defend their lungs out like they did last season at least in the Champions League but imo the midfield should stay pretty much the same tactically. If 4-3-3 was the way to go then Ramires is a certain starter in midfield to bring that balance between defense and attack but that wouldn't mean in the slightest that we would be playing once again defensive football and Ramires' massive contribution in both ends of the pitch should clearly show he's a wonderful asset to have in attack as well as defense.

I'm usually not one to post all those fancy fantasy lineups but here goes:

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Oscar

Mikel - Ramires/Lampard

defensive line + gk

Or

Torres

Hazard/Mata-------------------Oscar/Marin

Lampard/Oscar - Ramires

Mikel

defensive line + gk

If that's not attacking enough then I don't know what is.

And on a side note, I don't feel comfortable discussing these kind of things when the player isn't yet even close to joining the club. Let's get back to this if / when he signs. ;)

I was thinking about 4:3:3 and Mata would then play like Iniesta along Xavi in Barca. Sure, Mata would be positioned bit further (like Iniesta), Oscar like deep lying playmaker (Xavi) and Mikel like Busquets.

I was thinking about 4:3:3 and Mata would then play like Iniesta along Xavi in Barca. Sure, Mata would be positioned bit further (like Iniesta), Oscar like deep lying playmaker (Xavi) and Mikel like Busquets.

Oh god, I wish people would stop comparing Chelsea to Barcelona. Mata is not Iniesta, Mikel is not Busquets and whoever we would have playing as the playmaker certainly isn't Xavi so let's just stop it at that. Most top clubs have a lot of great players but so far none of them has been able to emulate what Barcelona are doing and nothing wrong with that imo. We should be looking to play our own style of football and not try to copycat some other team.

"We have received by email on Friday a proposal by Chelsea Oscar, the value is not pleased and we refuse. The proposal was lower than we expected, for less than 20 million we do not sell the Oscar," said Luigi.

Oh god, I wish people would stop comparing Chelsea to Barcelona. Mata is not Iniesta, Mikel is not Busquets and whoever we would have playing as the playmaker certainly isn't Xavi so let's just stop it at that. Most top clubs have a lot of great players but so far none of them has been able to emulate what Barcelona are doing and nothing wrong with that imo. We should be looking to play our own style of football and not try to copycat some other team.

I know, its not possible to compare barca to chelsea, but I used this comparison for interpretation that Mata in my lineup wouldnt be CM, but more like CAM, similar role to Iniesta.

Anyway, lets finish this and continue when we finish with transfers ;)

On Friday evening, Internacional president, Giovanni Luigi, admitted that Chelsea had been in touch with them regarding a possible bid for Oscar. “We received an email about this subject, but it’s a long way off being done. We think Oscar is worth more than €20 million. But it wasn’t an offer; they were just sounding us out about numbers. We are just saying that the numbers have to change” Luigi told Rádio Gaúcha.

This is a long way off what the Daily Mail were reporting earlier this week when they announced a deal had been done for around £25 million. Oscar will be on duty with Brazil’s Olympic squad. Chelsea fans will get to see him in action when the South Americans take on Great Britain in a friendly at the end of the month.

http://pitacodogring...ct-about-oscar/

jon cotterill@Pitacodogringo

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi says Chelsea emailed club about Oscar asking about a possible fee. wasn't an offer. deal long way off

I still think this deals closer than he's saying, a couple of days ago he was saying Chelsea havnt even contacted Oscar, so i think he just wants to find a replacement (maybe Ganso).

This for real?

I dont think so, If anything, at least fee has been already agreed. Even Avb said 20mio is something they cant pay, but Chelsea can/did.

First, Oscar needs work permit,

second, Inter must first realise Ganso move

third, Oscar is now with head in olympics

fourth, he will arrive in London for olympics next week and after/during them complete medical test. He wont travel earlier for that, because whole brasil team has preparations now (incluiding Hulk). Olympic games in london is perfect time, no side needs to rush in official, its enough they agreed terms and fee personaly.

I think something similar is going on with Hulk, but there might be some 3rd party company issues or maybe Porto waits for higher offer, but they wont get it; Hulk wont go anywhere else either (if reports are right).

I find ridiculous that Chelsea wouldnt pay those 40mio £ for Hulk, but they would pay 20mio £ for Schurle. BS. He is not worth that much, with Oscar is different, because of inflated brasil talent market, he is brasil player and regular starter for NT.

The ony thing that worries me is last year we already 'signed' Neymar, but then nothing happened. I hope it wont be same now. But that time, press like SkYnews, guarian, telegraph,...

didnt reported about it like this time with Oscar and Hulk.

I seriously let my emotions in this two transfers too much and the dissapointment is huge in the end if nothing happens.

On Friday evening, Internacional president, Giovanni Luigi, admitted that Chelsea had been in touch with them regarding a possible bid for Oscar. “We received an email about this subject, but it’s a long way off being done. We think Oscar is worth more than €20 million. But it wasn’t an offer; they were just sounding us out about numbers. We are just saying that the numbers have to change” Luigi told Rádio Gaúcha.

This is a long way off what the Daily Mail were reporting earlier this week when they announced a deal had been done for around £25 million. Oscar will be on duty with Brazil’s Olympic squad. Chelsea fans will get to see him in action when the South Americans take on Great Britain in a friendly at the end of the month.

http://pitacodogring...ct-about-oscar/

jon cotterill@Pitacodogringo

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi says Chelsea emailed club about Oscar asking about a possible fee. wasn't an offer. deal long way off

I still think this deals closer than he's saying, a couple of days ago he was saying Chelsea havnt even contacted Oscar, so i think he just wants to find a replacement (maybe Ganso).

At one point Chelsea representatives came in brasil, now its only a mail. I wonder why cant our transfers be that open like Milan-psg where at least you know how the things stand.

But I guess its agreed, Luigi just doesnt want to risk and bring Ganso in first. Then Oscar can go officialy.

At one point Chelsea representatives came in brasil, now its only a mail. I wonder why cant our transfers be that open like Milan-psg where at least you know how the things stand.

But I guess its agreed, Luigi just doesnt want to risk and bring Ganso in first. Then Oscar can go officialy.

Yes, that or they're waiting till after the Olympics, If he impresses they will surely bump up his price.

Yes, that or they're waiting till after the Olympics, If he impresses they will surely bump up his price.

Yeah, hope not, but his price coudnt go that higher, considering Lucas is rated at 30mio eur, Oscar at 25. And now in brasil people think Lucas suposed to be better. For me, Oscar is better recently anyway.

I dont think so, If anything, at least fee has been already agreed. Even Avb said 20mio is something they cant pay, but Chelsea can/did.

First, Oscar needs work permit,

second, Inter must first realise Ganso move

third, Oscar is now with head in olympics

fourth, he will arrive in London for olympics next week and after/during them complete medical test. He wont travel earlier for that, because whole brasil team has preparations now (incluiding Hulk). Olympic games in london is perfect time, no side needs to rush in official, its enough they agreed terms and fee personaly.

I think something similar is going on with Hulk, but there might be some 3rd party company issues or maybe Porto waits for higher offer, but they wont get it; Hulk wont go anywhere else either (if reports are right).

I find ridiculous that Chelsea wouldnt pay those 40mio £ for Hulk, but they would pay 20mio £ for Schurle. BS. He is not worth that much, with Oscar is different, because of inflated brasil talent market, he is brasil player and regular starter for NT.

The ony thing that worries me is last year we already 'signed' Neymar, but then nothing happened. I hope it wont be same now. But that time, press like SkYnews, guarian, telegraph,...

didnt reported about it like this time with Oscar and Hulk.

I seriously let my emotions in this two transfers too much and the dissapointment is huge in the end if nothing happens.

Oscar has nothing to do with Ganso. Internacional wont buy Ganso, in fact its a group of investors that already own 45% of Gansos rights want to buy the other 55% from Santos, and they could "give" Ganso to Internacional, hoping they will sell him for more in the future.

Internacional's president said they answered Chelsea that the values must be different.

25 of july will be a meeting to discuss the deal, and its close.

the price of 20m Euro`s for Oscar seems like a very reasonable price to me. when the president of a Brazilian football club is being reasonable we should not try and take the piss. like the Santos president did with us over Neymar. wrap up this bargain already Roman & Ron.