Oscar

themightyblue

Modric style of player. CAM, but plays as deep-playmaker for brasil. His atributes are passing, balance, fight for keeping the ball, crossing, vision. He is mentioned as Lampard replacement, but might also play in CAM or RW. Depend on formation. Has bright future, recently plays more (and better) for brasil than his more famous teamate Lucas. For more detail about who he is, watch some ytube videos and read previous pages.

P.S.: I expect like for this ;)

Thanks for the details mate thankyou ! :)

Dropping deep doesn't mean he can be a pivot player. Not saying he couldn't be in future, but player like Mata and Hazard drop deep to collect the ball. As i said before i'd be shocked if he's coming in as a lampard replacement/rotation

Modric isnt exactly good tackler or marker, yet he play double pivot in Tottenham. Oscar would be deep playmaker along Mikel. I guess he would be lined just a bit more forward than Mikel. I dont see him as regista, but some videos show he does lot of work in central midfield. But dont expect some heavy tackling from this guy. He is something between Mata and Lucas from

Lpool type of player.

this thread over past two days especially today is why i love this forum, great talk, back and forth but respectable, nobody actin daft. just great fan talk. its happened plenty before but today it really hit me somereason.

great stuff. haha

this thread over past two days especially today is why i love this forum, great talk, back and forth but respectable, nobody actin daft. just great fan talk. its happened plenty before but today it really hit me somereason.

great stuff. haha

No talk about Oscar?????

You are of topic!!!!

banned.jpg

I love this player - coming from midfield deep, great linkup play we've found our new lampard!!!

No to fish/rat face - he ain't as good as this boy, and with super frankie to help him settle in, he will be the buy of the decade!

All this 'unproven' stuff drives me mad, look at some of the best players in the premiership, everybody took a gamble, least not our legend Zola!

We gotta get this boy and watch the Manc clubs cry with envy and moan about us buying everybody!

True force to be reckoned with and the even bigger upside - every other world class player is gonna wanna play in our team!

Feels like a Barca moment....

Oscar's a risk though, for that price. Okay he might not have the big glamours name that Neymar, Lucas & co have but that will probably work to his advantage. He'll still have to justify that price-tag but the pressure will be less. The only problem I see is that the rotation of Hazard, Mata, Marin & Oscar might have a negative effect instead of the desired one (to keep everyone fresh). All those players, bar Marin, prefer to play central behind the striker but they'll have to rotate among wings.

At least we know that Oscar only has the one position, so it's highly unlikely that RdM will use him out-wide. But that could cause problems for Hazard especially.

World class players nowdays cost 40mio+

Just to mention, Ozil cost 10 or 15mio and look how fantastic player he turned to be. He was not world class and yet after two years he is. He came to Real nothing else but very fine prospect and Mou gave him chance in first team. I think getting Oscar for 25 is something similar, yes we will pay more for him, but no top prospect would cost less (Hazard, Neymar, Lucas, Muniain, Gotze,...). If we play him enough with possibly RW regular place, he has all potential to turn like Ozil. And all that in our club. We were buying world class players in Torres, Sheva,...no one gave us what Lamps or Drogba gave. Talent and lots of chances is enough to player like Oscar becomes class.

Ozil was not nothing. He was a terrific player in Germany when Real Madrid bought him. Not only that, but he had a fantastic performance at the World Cup. He was the opposite of a prospect type of player. And even then, Real Madrid spent much less on him than we spent on Oscar.

Oscar's a risk though, for that price. Okay he might not have the big glamours name that Neymar, Lucas & co have but that will probably work to his advantage. He'll still have to justify that price-tag but the pressure will be less. The only problem I see is that the rotation of Hazard, Mata, Marin & Oscar might have a negative effect instead of the desired one (to keep everyone fresh). All those players, bar Marin, prefer to play central behind the striker but they'll have to rotate among wings.

At least we know that Oscar only has the one position, so it's highly unlikely that RdM will use him out-wide. But that could cause problems for Hazard especially.

From all the videos I seen for him, it shows he could adapt a deep lying playmaker role.

Of course videos should not be the best barometer to judge, but giving that he is 20, I say he has the potential to play that role.

But I think they are looking for players that can interchange, like Barcelona and Spain do frequently.

From all the videos I seen for him, it shows he could adapt a deep lying playmaker role.

Of course videos should not be the best barometer to judge, but giving that he is 20, I say he has the potential to play that role.

But I think they are looking for players that can interchange, like Barcelona and Spain do frequently.

Hmm, perhaps. But from the light reading I've done on him (and it has been very light) it seems his main position is AM, or in the attacking playmaker role. We don't want to have another case of Mikel where we repress that attacking talent to the extent we did with Mikel.

The Nigerian is an exception though because he's actually turned into a very good DM and it's different because Oscar could still keep that attacking instinct. But I think the inexperience will show a lot in the conversion and that might hinder his progression? I was reading a good editorial on Ganso's decline on ESPN and he suffered the same faults:

In a role that very few players master, his inexperience was glaring and his confidence in tatters. By September, injury struck again and Ganso arrived at the Club World Cup in Japan short of fitness once more. Santos may have cruised past Kashiwa Reysol, but Barcelona would not be so kind. The final was a savage lesson to the Brazilian side, Neymar included, but it was Ganso who found his faults laid bare for all to see by the relentless pressure of the Blaugrana defence.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature/_/id/1123701/sao-paulo's-ganso-the-fallen-star?cc=5739

In fairness though, Ganso's had major injuries to cause such faults, but the inexperience to play in those roles would be an issue.

It's a risk for sure, but a risk worth taking!

So excited over this kid. Possibilities are endless. Mata, Hazard and Oscar all interchanging in the "3" of the 4-2-3-1, or maybe developing as our deep-lying playmaker.

So excited over this kid. Possibilities are endless. Mata, Hazard and Oscar all interchanging in the "3" of the 4-2-3-1, or maybe developing as our deep-lying playmaker.

Definitely agree with that KV. The interchanging will be a tactic that will confuse a lot of opposition, especially against the bottom sides. It's a matter of if they all gel though, that will be key. Di Matteo's personal nature will play a big part in that though.

Pretty much this.

Close the book on that and don't discuss more on where he would fit!

Who? Barcelona aside, what other team has a world class forward line for considerably less money?

First of all, the problem is that we spent 125M and it isn't a world-class forward line.

Still, here goes...

Chelsea-Torres, Hazard, Oscar, Mata-120-125M

Bayern- Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Mueller-80-85M

City- Silva, Nasri, Milner, Aguero-110M

ManU- Rooney, Nani, Kagawa, Valencia-90M

Juventus-Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pepe, Vucinic, Matri-40-45M (I made it the front 6)

Real Madrid-Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema-130-135M

Bayern- Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Mueller-80-85M - they won nothing last year

ManU- Rooney, Nani, Kagawa, Valencia-90M - won nothing last year

City survived a massive choke with pure luck and Juve (for all we know) could have cheated their win

Chelsea-Torres, Kalou, Mata, Ramires 95-100M - won the FA cup and CL

First point, why the fuck does anyone care how much it costs? It's Roman's wallet, not ours.

Second, how do you quantify a forward line as "world-class"? That's simply a subjective interpretation. How could you be unhappy with a surplus of creative players. Sure, we don't have to play all 4 (Torres, Mata, Hazard, Oscar) at once -- I doubt RDM would do that anyway -- but that doesn't mean that if they do, it will be a front-line that pales in comparison to the overrated and underachieving sides like last year's United and Barca.

Football matches are won on the pitch, not on paper mate.