Oscar

themightyblue

Pivot, Romeu...it looks like Barcelona is wanting him back now.

Meireles...please!

Lampard, old and can't be relied for too long. He needs an understudy like A. Cole will be doing for Ryan.

Mikel, yes!

Attacking 3 looks good. Most top teams have a replacement for each position. Does not look bad.

And that's giving the fact that all those players fulfill their potential like KDB and Marin.....Cause if not we are getting another Kalou, Malouda type of player in them!

i havnt heard anythin from barca, so we can stil use romeu.

lamps wont have that many games with new signing oscar who can play 2games week for longer time than lamps. thats after givin his time to adjust.

u critized all the pivots so who u got playin there then? i was simply statin who our pivots will be: we bought oscar, have lamps, mikel romeu and mierles. also why criticize mierles? he did great job for portugal in euros and ended season on the high, took while for him to show worth but did in the end.

attacking 3: i agree not at full force, (i stated that in OP) and yes, we need kdb and marin to really stand out. which is why a rw was my IDEAL choice, but hulk is out of window now if/when oscar arrives. i was hesitant to suggest idea of still buyin a rw cuz that means rambo is left in limbo as he is down the pecking order in midfield and on wings. which shouldnt happen, deserves wayy more.

also we rarely have had 22 players goin strong, or should i say were lucky to have squad players. always had likes of jt, cole, drogs, lamps, anelka 2game a week, runnin their legs into the ground. and in todays market finding squad players is hard, not to mention FFP makes it harder.

which is what a new rw would have to accept or force rambo out of favor. becuz if we had signed rw and no cm, rambo is one less winger we really had to 'worry' bout gettin games cuz he would be in midfield. but now he has to get games on wing with the new cm.

thats me reasoning.

I very much doubt that he's being bought with the view of being a future player in our pivot. That wouldn't be in his interest at all as he's already in the Brazil setup and trying to convert him would probably result in him losing his place. As well as this it would probably take a good season before we see any results with him as a CM and in terms of future prospects for the pivot we're already loaded with De Bruyne, Mceachran and Swift etc. So it doesn't make sense in terms of buying him as a future prospect for him or us. I think he'll be competing to play on the right and centrally where he is currently excelling

If that's true i doubt Chelsea will announce it tonight.

Not yet, Inter will move and buy something big before announce Oscar is leaving. They want Ganso and Nilmar, it seems Ganso deal will be sealed tomorrow.

Oscar wont be a starting 11. He is not ready yet, will start some games, but he is not ready yet to be called a starting XXi, if you get what I mean.

That is what I thought.

Someone has to be the understudy of Lampard in this new season.

He will play bigger role than we think.

Similar to Cesc at Barca, when Villa, Pedro, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets were all fit, you could never put him in first XI, but he played much bigger role then.

Something similar will happen to Oscar. As man above said, he is brasil international team starter, he might be more on bench, but he will come here as important player, not talent, prospect, future star,...He plays very good

and should not compared to Lukaku, Romeu or Kdb. More to Cesc, who was first a sub, but played almost all games.

Oscar wont be a starting 11. He is not ready yet, will start some games, but he is not ready yet to be called a starting XXi, if you get what I mean.

He's a starter for Brazil, but you don't think he'd start for us? I was watching all of his games for Brazil, and he drops really deep to pick up the ball. From what I've seen, it looks like he enjoys doing that, so why couldn't be play in the pivot successfully?

Not sure if this has been posted, but here are a collection of videos - they are useful to see what he plays like:

http://www.weaintgot...nior-chelsea-fc

Ah so you guys all experts on this guys play right? I was just asking for a jist of what sort of player he is.

Modric style of player. CAM, but plays as deep-playmaker for brasil. His atributes are passing, balance, fight for keeping the ball, crossing, vision. He is mentioned as Lampard replacement, but might also play in CAM or RW. Depend on formation. Has bright future, recently plays more (and better) for brasil than his more famous teamate Lucas. For more detail about who he is, watch some ytube videos and read previous pages.

P.S.: I expect like for this ;)