Oscar

themightyblue

There is some massive over rating of Coutinho going on.

He has struggled whenever he has faced a more than average defense.

He was subbed off at half time after staying anonymous during our game against Livepool.

He was anonymous in the liverpool tottenham game as well and he was subbed off after arnd 60 minutes. Liverpool later came back from 1-2 down to win the game 3-2

Similarly against Everton and West Ham.

His goals have come against Swansea ( in a 5-0 win when they were resting most of their starting XI for Capital One Cup), Southampton and QPR.

His assists have come vs Wigan, Aston Villa, Newcastle and Fulham.

He does not have the defensive work rate/responsibility of Oscar.

Oscar is heads and shoulders above Coutinho. I won't lie - Coutinho has impressed me since joining Liverpool, but he has hardly been a revelation. Oscar is a far more mature and complete footballer. I know who I'd rather have in my team!

Few nice comps :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dh9Ja7IHhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjFvwvjlzGE

Also, this guy on youtube does a compilation of all his touches on a match-by-match basis :

http://www.youtube.com/user/chelseaOscar11i

So easy on the eye :wub:

My little Ossie had an indifferent game last night! :cry: A couple of really loose passes but he was probably also our best attacking player alongside Ramires! He deserves a break, big time!

Sadly it will be some time before he gets it.

Brazil has friendlies this weekend and next week, and then its time for the Confederations cup. if they make the final the summer tour would be about 2 weeks after that is over too.

Busy times ahead for Oscar.

I honestly expect a lot more from Oscar. I'm hoping he can deliver at least the level he has when playing for out NT next season.

Btw, in the Adidas video they translated that he would like to stay in Chelsea for "some years". I'm not a native english speaker but for me "some years" might give the impression he wants to move somewhere in the middle-long term, that he expects an end to his relationship with Chelsea in the future, but what he actually said in portuguese is "a lot of years", which is way more indefinite time.

I honestly expect a lot more from Oscar. I'm hoping he can deliver at least the level he has when playing for out NT next season.

Btw, in the Adidas video they translated that he would like to stay in Chelsea for "some years". I'm not a native english speaker but for me "some years" might give the impression he wants to move somewhere in the middle-long term, that he expects an end to his relationship with Chelsea in the future, but what he actually said in portuguese is "a lot of years", which is way more indefinite time.

Noticed that too. Some years sounded pretty weird haha. Good to know he said "A lot of years"!

Even I was critical of Oscar earlier in the season but coming towards the end of the season I definitely think he improved. He looked good on the wings even though it is not his main position, his body balance also improved and added more goals. Hope he kicks on next season.

He hasn't played for us yet without having a proper month or longer rest, has he? He joined us right after his work in Brazil and got started in the league right away.

I wonder what godly things he can do after a long rest :ph34r:

3. The need to adjust to environment around (we should be thankful that Luiz, Ramires & even Piazon are around to help him settle in. otherwise, he could have struggled really badly).

and Ferreira. don't forget ferreira. that's basically his job