Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar was a bit of a weird signing tbh, considering the formation we have been trying to adapt to.

Don't think he will start as much next season.

He'd leave in a heartbeat.

There is no way, aside from form, that a player like him would sit on the bench.

If we wanted a squad player to run on the wings, well that's Moses (and we thought Marin), not Oscar.

Kick me, but to me, Oscar has not shown why he should be regular starter. He's had great moments and he definitely has the potential to become world class, but his performances - especialy in the league - were not more than average. He mainly benefited from Moses drop of form after the African Cup, Hazard's 3 match ban and Marin being a complete flop (and having injury problems as well). To be fair, it's his first season in England (mostly not playing in his favored position) and it was hard to shine alongside your two magicians in the attacking three.

Hatestorm approaching... :ph34r:

Kick me, but to me, Oscar has not shown why he should be regular starter. He's had great moments and he definitely has the potential to become world class, but his performances - especialy in the league - were not more than average. He mainly benefited from Moses drop of form after the African Cup, Hazard's 3 match ban and Marin being a complete flop (and having injury problems as well). To be fair, it's his first season in England (mostly not playing in his favored position) and it was hard to shine alongside your two magicians in the attacking three.

He did well playing in a central position.

Unfortunately for Oscar, his favourite position is taken up by our best player...and thus, he was told to play in the wide areas..which limited his effectiveness.

http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2013/05/30/oscar-the-conductor/

An article about Oscar possibly playing the deep lying playmaker role for us in the future.

This is why you are the master and a man one has to respect! Great article and I have said from day one that I see him playing in the pivot.. With a strong DM(witsel/de rossi/...) he can control the game in our own have and still give us a lot when attacking and mata can be our playmaker up front.. I cant get any better if he can get used to the deep lying playmaker and I also think he HAS to play that position because our best player is mata and he is our CAM and oscar is too good to be a sub!

Don't worry I actually agree. I said a while back he needs to step up his game next season because despite a good debut season I still think his playing time can be limited if we buy another midfielder.

Because he's playing in a position that limits what he does best. Oscar needs to play centrally.

The thing is our formation doesn't suit Oscar at all. He won't play ahead of Mata unless we rotate, and is not quite accomplished in the two holding roles. Unless we convert him to a winger or develop his play as a holding midfielder then I don't really see Oscar suiting Chelsea. I'd rather stick Luiz in holding midfield over Oscar. If we change to a 433 then that's a different matter.

This is why you are the master and a man one has to respect! Great article and I have said from day one that I see him playing in the pivot.. With a strong DM(witsel/de rossi/...) he can control the game in our own have and still give us a lot when attacking and mata can be our playmaker up front.. I cant get any better if he can get used to the deep lying playmaker and I also think he HAS to play that position because our best player is mata and he is our CAM and oscar is too good to be a sub!

Huh?

The thing is our formation doesn't suit Oscar at all. He won't play ahead of Mata unless we rotate, and is not quite accomplished in the two holding roles. Unless we convert him to a winger or develop his play as a holding midfielder then I don't really see Oscar suiting Chelsea. I'd rather stick Luiz in holding midfield over Oscar. If we change to a 433 then that's a different matter.

Nah, he doesn't have to be a holding midfielder. He can be the player next to the holding midfielder - the deep lying playmaker, the link between attack and defence. It's where his future lies in my opinion, especially if we're sticking to this formation. His attributes suit that role very well in my opinion.

Nah, he doesn't have to be a holding midfielder. He can be the player next to the holding midfielder - the deep lying playmaker, the link between attack and defence. It's where his future lies in my opinion, especially if we're sticking to this formation. His attributes suit that role very well in my opinion.

Well if we do buy Schurrle I can certainly see that happening, if that's where his future does lie then he needs to start there every game from now on, because we aint seen enough of him there to make judge him properly. I don't want to see him on the wing anymore

Just showing my respect for your good posts mate and your name is bluesmaster so you are the master

Aah that. Thanks.

Was thinking you thought I was the one who wrote that article. :lol: Apologies for the confusion.

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

Unhappy with Scolari taking him off.

Oscar had a problem with his left ankle a couple of days ago in training. So, Scolari was probably right to take him off when he did IMO. And after all, it was on a friendly.

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

They were booing Scolari for being an idiot and taking Oscar off and not Hulk. Oscar was our only CAM and was having a great game and even though he had a slight ankle injury two days ago while training, he was showing no signs of fatigue nor pain. Big Phill brain farted and tried to have a trio of wingers, with Hulk - Neymar - Lucas! :doh:

I am worried Oscar and Neymar decided to change shirt numbers for good and not just for this particular game. Would love for Oscar to be the real #10 in te WC 2014...