Oscar

themightyblue

You wasted your time with that post...it's so obvious that Oscar is going to be amazing under Mourinho that saying it out aloud feels silly...I hope Mou gives him a proper definitive position.

If you are a sensible person, yes, I did waist my time. However, we have some delusional members and trolls here...

Love this little guy. He didn't have his best game, but his tenacity is absolutely outstanding. Very impressive work-rate and stamina. I think he will be Mourinho's new favourite. Great (team) performance from him - he didn't do that much offensively, but his tracking back and doubling-up with Cole on the left was necessary to stifle Benfica's attacking threat. The Little Genius is a trophy-winner, and he's wearing Chelsea blue! :cfc:

Had an average season in my opinion. We should bring in the bruyne for the right wing and place Oscar a line lower. That way we have 4 players who could change posistion non stop. (hazard,mata,oscar en de bruyne) Good luck defending against that.

About yesterday's game: offensively he didn't have a very good match, but his defensive contributions were so important. He was a more in our box than benfica's which was judging from the game more than necessary. I would have subbed him after Cardoza's penalty because Oscar was looking tired and moses could add some great amount of pace to the game.

He didn't play particularly well but then he's not left winger. It's not his fault he's being played out of position. I am desperate to see him in central midfield.

problem is..we have mata. and i dont know if he is ready for the double pivot...he could play there though.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

His work-rate is possibly one of his greatest assets. Unlike many, many great players Oscar will run his socks off. I hope if he does end up as a CM as opposed to an AM he up ends up like Xaxi. Well, Xavi is the most similar player to him anyway, high pressing, agile, fantastic technique, amazing vision, a danger from dead ball situations and around the same body shape. He is smaller and more mobile than Alonso and a much harder worker than Pirlo. Let's face it, Pirlo is world class lazy git.

Just place him in a midfield three and that will show all of oscar's ability. He is arguably ( with hazard) our most complete player and i dont want another mikel if we move him deeper, instead he is a #10/#8 . people keep forgetting under de mateo our three Amigo's lined up Hazard-OSCAR-mata. and we played the best football why cant we return to that. Anyway if it becomes oscar vs mata i know jose will pick oscar ( and rightly so), as he provides flexibility, a controller, and defensive capabilities unlike juan mata. A midfield of Oscar-KDB-Mikel has similarities to Lampard- Ballack-Makalele