Oscar

themightyblue

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

didnt want him off i guess. either that or they dont like lucas which i doubt

This might sound insane but I prefer Oscar centrally to Mata.

Mata plays more like a devastating forward minded player there and doesn't even attempt to defend while Oscar is the superior midfielder. Remember those two games against Arsenal/Juve early on where Oscar harrassed Pirlo/Arteta for 90 minutes and we actually averaged more possession in both games?

In my opinion, our best form this season came when Mata was deployed out wide.....before our annual winter meltdown & managerial sacking of course.

Thats not insane at all. We could still play Mata centrally against weaker teams, or when we play at the Bridge. I've said many times Robbie found our best 11 at that time.

Looked classier than Neymar once more. Best player on the pitch while he was on.

How fucking awful was Hulk, though? Dodged a bullet there. No composure on the ball or impact on the game at all.

Oscar was my stand out performer on the night, it seems every Brazilian game I watch he's their most reliable player, even more so than the so-claimed glorious Neymar, who once again, having watched him live against Russia, disappointed me. Scolari's decision to substitute Oscar bemused me, even in a friendly, as I guess every fan in the whole stadium was shown by their reaction. I would love to see him play more centrally for Chelsea, by far his most efficient position, even if it means playing Mata out wide in the occasional game.

Oscar was my stand out performer on the night, it seems every Brazilian game I watch he's their most reliable player, even more so than the so-claimed glorious Neymar, who once again, having watched him live against Russia, disappointed me. Scolari's decision to substitute Oscar bemused me, even in a friendly, as I guess every fan in the whole stadium was shown by their reaction. I would love to see him play more centrally for Chelsea, by far his most efficient position, even if it means playing Mata out wide in the occasional game.

I think, had we had that extra depth in terms of wide players (Marin and Moses being poor and all) this season, we would have been able to see Oscar out in a central position a lot more. However, we will probably see him in that role more next season with Schurrle on his way here combined with other buys we may make this summer.

Another solid performance for his country. I don't think I've seen him play badly for Brazil and I've been watching him play for the national team since the Olympics.

I am worried Oscar and Neymar decided to change shirt numbers for good and not just for this particular game. Would love for Oscar to be the real #10 in te WC 2014...

Chelsea and Brazil's number 11 has a nice ring to it. The O11 brand is about to take off, don't get left behind fellas. :Goober:

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

didnt want him off i guess. either that or they dont like lucas which i doubt

They were booing Scolari for taking off Oscar. They wanted Lucas for Hulk.

Was Brazil's best attacking player by far, which might not have been saying much since Neymar and Hulk were kinda shitting the bed, and Fred got no service.

I'd say the best Brazil player was Luiz Gustavo. brazil midfield went to shit after he left at halftime. I cant believe he does not play at bayern when his positioning as a DM always looks pretty good. We should take a punt on him.

Was Brazil's best attacking player by far, which might not have been saying much since Neymar and Hulk were kinda shitting the bed, and Fred got no service.

I'd say the best Brazil player was Luiz Gustavo. brazil midfield went to shit after he left at halftime. I cant believe he does not play at bayern when his positioning as a DM always looks pretty good. We should take a punt on him.

yes , i was impressed by either him or paulinho , couldnt tell who was who from where i was watching

yes , i was impressed by either him or paulinho , couldnt tell who was who from where i was watching

All the good stuff was gustavo, and all the bad outside of that wonder goal was Paulinho :D

Paulinho looks like he wants to be a b2b midfielder rather than a destructive force like Gustavo.

All the good stuff was gustavo, and all the bad outside of that wonder goal was Paulinho :D

Paulinho looks like he wants to be a b2b midfielder rather than a destructive force like Gustavo.

Gustavo is a beast. Paulinho's best attribute is his offensive contribution. He is very average defensively.

Gustavo is a beast. Paulinho's best attribute is his offensive contribution. He is very average defensively.

Hernanes can do the offensive things better, and can provide just as good of support on the defensive side.

i'd play he,gustavo,oscar, and Lucas behind neymar and Fred for the confederations cup. See where that goes

Really? He looks stiff and looks nothing like an attacking player. I watched him at Club World Cup and a few times for the national team and have never been impressed by him.