Oscar

themightyblue

Hernanes can do the offensive things better, and can provide just as good of support on the defensive side.

i'd play he,gustavo,oscar, and Lucas behind neymar and Fred for the confederations cup. See where that goes

I agree with you, Hernanes is miles and miles better than Paulinho. Never rated Paulinho very highly. Hernanes defends better and is a more complete footballer, shoots with both feet, better vision, better pass, better dribble, has european experience etc. He is the closest to a deep-lying playmaker that we have.

Really? He looks stiff and looks nothing like an attacking player. I watched him at Club World Cup and a few times for the national team and have never been impressed by him.

Yep. He scores a lot of goals for a defensive midfielder. He already scored 2 or 3 goals for our NT and he didn't play a lot of games, like 10 or so. But he's not the type of player who will create the plays, he will make a run from behind, pick up a pass and score. I prefer Hernanes who can both create or finish the chances created.

Yep. He scores a lot of goals for a defensive midfielder. He already scored 2 or 3 goals for our NT and he didn't play a lot of games, like 10 or so. But he's not the type of player who will create the plays, he will make a run from behind, pick up a pass and score. I prefer Hernanes who can both create or finish the chances created.

Ramires would be better than Paulinho in that case. More dynamic.

Hernanes should be a starting player, he would improve the midfield a LOT.

Ramires would be better than Paulinho in that case. More dynamic.

Hernanes should be a starting player, he would improve the midfield a LOT.

I'd have Ramires for Paulinho's role too. But Paulinho is not much worse than Ramires and he's one of the highlights of Corinthians, which means there's some pressure in Brazil for calling him. Also, there's some interest from agents and powerful people related to Corinthians for him to be played so they can get a better value in a future selling.

In any case, I'd have Gustavo (maybe Lucas Leiva, I don't know how he's been playing of lately after recovering from injury) and Hernanes behind Oscar. I don't care if it would be slower, those players can control the midfield better than any other players we have.

Edit: probably we should give a chance to Fernandinho and Willian too.

Don't know why Hernanes doesn't get more hype. He's like a Dembele but with actual end product. I think he's a BEAST and would love him at Chelsea.

Well, I've heard Hernanes is praised as one of the best midfielders in Serie A. If I'm not mistaken he has been linked for a move to Juventus, Milan or Bayern. But ye, I think he's a bit underrated and unknown outside Italy.

Oscar does good at his team and at the club.

I still find it mind boggling that some members think KDB is better then Oscar.....

You say that like Oscar is better by a landslide. Both are good players with fantastic potential, it's not ludicrous to think either player is slightly better than the other.

Can see Mou playing Oscar in his preferred #10 role in all the big games with Mata out wide.

I agree i think Oscar or KdB will play a lot as the number 10 next season because of their defensive abilities, and i think Jose will want to sign a RW as well.

You say that like Oscar is better by a landslide. Both are good players with fantastic potential, it's not ludicrous to think either player is slightly better than the other.

It actually is, Oscar has a way greater potential than KDB has!

I think we should be happy to have both. Kevin is awesome and my teddy bear Oscar is amazing. We're lucky to have both and if they fight for the same position in the starting XI it's our gain.

I hope both not only live up their potential but surpass it as well.

Competition always contributes to development and getting better.

Oscar playing deeper next year?

Possibly, but then Mikel was seen as one of the most exciting prospects in football when he was seen as a number 10 player, and we all know what some Chelsea fans think of him now. I would hate it if trying him there just so we can try and accomodate him in the team (if Jose decides he does not want him as his number 10) meant it would destroy his massive potential.

Possibly, but then Mikel was seen as one of the most exciting prospects in football when he was seen as a number 10 player, and we all know what some Chelsea fans think of him now. I would hate it if trying him there just so we can try and accomodate him in the team (if Jose decides he does not want him as his number 10) meant it would destroy his massive potential.

He could always rotate between a deeper role and his preferred #10. Only way to consistenly get him the games he deserves.

Difference between Oscar and Mikel was Obi was told to sit back, clean up mistakes and never venture forward while Oscar could perform in a similar role to Wilshere, Gundogan, Schweinsteiger, Modric etc at their respective clubs.

Still can't believe we didn't even attempt to play him even once there the whole of last season despite playing 70 games or whatever. Pathetic.

Cavani/Torres/Ba

Schurrle Mata/Oscar Hazard

Oscar/Lampard De Rossi/Ramires

Defense

Can see that being our team next year.

So we're really not going to discuss the possibility of Oscar playing in the pivot next year?

Think he could have a similar impact to Bastian Schweinsteiger there, just needs to bulk up. After all not many envisaged Schweini performing as a 'controller' while he was still playing as a winger/AM and a couple of years later he's dominating Xavi and Iniesta at the Nou Camp.

So we're really not going to discuss the possibility of Oscar playing in the pivot next year?

Think he could have a similar impact to Bastian Schweinsteiger there, just needs to bulk up. After all not many envisaged Schweini performing as a 'controller' while he was still playing as a winger/AM and a couple of years later he's dominating Xavi and Iniesta at the Nou Camp.

For that to happen he does indeed need to bulk up, develop tactically, and more importantly have a dominant partner alongside him. The addition of Martinez took Bastian's game to another level.