Oscar

themightyblue

I don't really rate Oscar to be honest I really don't think he's anything special. He keeps it simple and he's got a knack for getting the odd goal but he's nowhere near as good as Coutinho. I thought he would of been a lot more creative even from a wide position then what he is but we'll see how he develops.

double_facepalm_sgb.jpg

Oh gawd. Not the Oscar-Coutinho comparison again. Why on earth do people continue to compare players whose primary position and role is totally different from one another is beyond me!

Those who says Oscar is nothing special or even already writing him off have well probably been spoilt by watching too much of Hazard and Mata already.

I agree with what you're saying about the comparison, but if you take the first part of what he said he's not wrong. Even when Oscar was in the #10, that's exactly how we can sum up his play without question.

double_facepalm_sgb.jpg

Oh gawd. Not the Oscar-Coutinho comparison again. Why on earth do people continue to compare players whose primary position and role is totally different from one another is beyond me!

Those who says Oscar is nothing special or even already writing him off have well probably been spoilt by watching too much of Hazard and Mata already.

No they both are attacking midfielders who are forced to play out wide most of the time. I just think Coutinho has settled in better and to be honest he's causing havoc in this league. I'm not writing Oscar off though I just thought he'd be a bit better in all honesty but he has time on his side !

No they both are attacking midfielders who are forced to play out wide most of the time. I just think Coutinho has settled in better and to be honest he's causing havoc in this league. I'm not writing Oscar off though I just thought he'd be a bit better in all honesty but he has time on his side !

Coutinho is just more flashy. He isn't "miles better" than Oscar in any sense whatsoever - if he was, he'd would've easily been donning that number 10 shirt for Brazil.

Do you think a pivot of oscar and de rossi be successful?

It would be orgasmic in my opinion. Both very dynamic, De Rossi is great defensively - Can drop in when Luiz ventures forward as he's shown at Italy where he plays at CB. Oscar can be the link between our forwards and defence - composed on the ball, fights for it, doesn't get knocked off it easily despite having a smaller frame than most (something he can easily work on).

I would love it if we got a proper right winger and put Oscar in the middle with De Rossi. Would be brilliant IMO.

I get your point Styles and yeah I'm probably very naive to compare the 2 players in all honesty. I concede defeat on this one, totally proven wrong lol !

I'm wrong more often than not so it's all good :D

But look at these two videos mate:

http://vimeo.com/63505712

He needs to play deeper than Hazard, Mata, Coutinho and other players like that.

I'm wrong more often than not so it's all good :D

But look at these two videos mate:

http://vimeo.com/63505712

He needs to play deeper than Hazard, Mata, Coutinho and other players like that.

I think we're two of the biggest Oscar lovers on this forum :D

I'm intrigued what you think about this article I wrote a while back about his performance in the pivot against Sunderland away (the one where Romeu collected that season ending injury) : http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/15089-pivotal-oscar/

I think we're two of the biggest Oscar lovers on this forum :D

I'm intrigued what you think about this article I wrote a while back about his performance in the pivot against Sunderland away (the one where Romeu collected that season ending injury) : http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/15089-pivotal-oscar/

If you don't love Oscar you don't love life in my very honest opinion -_-

Nice article. I remember that performance against Sunderland he did really well. I think he played there against Leeds away and put in another good performance. That's why I regard this season as a wasted year in some respects. He should have been given more minutes in that role to help his development for what should be his position in the long-term. But because of a thin squad and a manager in love with his 4-2-3-1 he never really got the chance. I just hope and pray Mourinho uses him well.

Do you think a pivot of oscar and de rossi be successful?

Yeah, definitely! :wank2:

When I say he will be a waisted talent on the pivot, I mean he will have the game less in his hands, whereas he totally controls the game and rythm for Brazil. That doesnt mean he will do bad, it just means he will do less than what he can...

I could be wrong though! :P

He definitely needs to be put in midfield. Whether that be 4-3-3 or in the Pivot, it doesn't matter. 4-4-3 would be ideal but we won't see much of it. I don't think he would lose anything talent wise going into the Pivot because he can roam around all he wants. I mean Lampard does it all the time, the difference is Oscar will actually track back.