Oscar

themightyblue

I don't think Oscar needs to work on his first touch, he is very good technically, the main reason why he sometimes has a bad first touch is down to being nervous. If you compare it with Torres who's main reason for having a poor touch is because he doesn't have great technical abilities. Once Oscar feels more settled and starts playing with even more confidence he will have no problem with his first touch.

This season has been a good debut season for someone who is shy and un-used to the English game. He does disappear in games and is dreadful at times though. Still a few question marks for me about this lad, but considering I critizied Lukaku at the beginning of the season and him proving me wrong by his amazing development, I have high hopes for Oscar doing the same in the seasons to come.

Torres always relied on his pace.Obviously he doesn't have good first touch.Just look at his athletico madrid days.Now he has lost some of his pace.He is trying to adapt.Tbf he has improved his link up play and also winning headers.

Oscar has good first touch.Different Intensity and small pitches may be the reason.He will surely become better player in next season.

no chance! Oscar will become a great player for sure but Hazard is our real gem who could become one of the top 3 players in the world!

Think they are not comparable as they complement each other very well.

Hazard is a dribbler, a very aggressive and direct CAM/Forward. Oscar, on the other hand does not posses the pace, acceleration, or balance to beat defenders the way Hazard does. However, Oscar can move deep while Hazard is not as effective doing the same. Oscar started his career playing futsal (smaller pitch/ball indoors) in Brazil and has great short passing and controlling skills, perfect for center of the pitch as he does not need much space to operate. He does need to bulk up a bit though.

Mata also is not very good playing deep and shines when positioning close to the opponents goal, for either a cross or a shot.

Oscar has played every week since May 6th 2012.Crazy stuff

Crazy right? No rest for nearly a full year and then confederations cup again this summer. I feel sorry for the kid. He deserves a few weeks off at the start of next season.

Love him, I simply love him, oh I do love him. Hazard and Mata get the headlines but this little cutie is an awfully good player to watch. Nimble feet, lithe movement, industry, vision, technique, etc. One of the hardest workers on the pitch; really puts in a shift most games. If he is Brazil's #10 at 21 years old, he's good enough to be the #10 of any side on the planet - club or country. I hope he stays for a long, long time because ... well, because it's Oscar.

Long time Max. :tophat:

I think some credit also has to go the staff and the players, especially Luiz getting him settled in. TBH, I would have never thought he would settle in as good as he has in his first season in the EPL coming straight from Brazil and on top being so small.

I also don't think his first touch is bad, it was impeccable in the Olympics and he had the greatest first and second touch this season imo (Juve goal). Just think like others have said, the pace of the game and maybe not 100% confidence cause some of his errors. That said, no matter how he performs on the offensive end his workrate and defensive contribution are amazing. Probably makes the most tackles in our team after Ramires & Luiz.

That said, I still think he's more suited to a CM in a 4-3-3 because we play a very direct style and Oscar is the least direct of the 3 amigos. He's more in the mold of Santi, Silva and Iniesta than a Mata.