Oscar

themightyblue

I'm so fucking excited about this, and as it's become quite known on here, I don't approve of most of our transfers!

If he can be molded into a deeper player, there's nothing stopping him from becoming Pirlo-esque.

He has such a cool head, and the most impressive thing about him, is his sublime understanding of the game.

the one thing im concerned about is how small he is, I kno rambo/mata/silva are prime examples of how a smaller body can fare in the premier league but they also have an extraordinary gift, mata/silva with immaculate technique and rambo with his speed. I feel like its a big gamble but it is probably well worth it as it seems we are revolutionizing the way football is played at the bridge in comparison to recent years.

Have to admit I'm more concerned about this kid than excited. The fee is also too much for him to handle the pressure. Even if he is a talent as everyone is pointing out, it is still very difficult to adapt quickly to the physicality and pace of English football, especially if you are coming from Brazilian league (no offence Henrique :D ).

I'd rather pay 40 million euros for Hulk than 25 for Oscar.

Gonçalo Lopes@_GoncaloLopes

25m euros is the offer from #cfc for Oscar.

Just confirming, English media just shit stir and put the sterling their instead of the euros.Like this:

http://www.guardian....sfer?CMP=twt_gu

Also an article about our 'revolution' and this tipped signing's emphasis on that.

http://www.telegraph...Mesut-Ozil.html

Dont think Oscar he's an alternative for Hulk.

yh but kills any chances we go for him. we're not gona spend that much money, even though won UCL, i'd prefer a winger and leave double pivots to lamps, mikel, romeu mierles, and kdb but with this kid our attacking three has lost whatever physicality they were trying to creat in signing a hulk/jovetic.

im not against oscar the signing, but the idea of neglecting rw is something to be noted. maybe kdb can play there (attacking 3) but i'd rather have had that rw and no new cm. than new cm and no rw. i can be wrong, maybe we buy a winger--but nowhere near the hulk level.

RDM/board/roman have plan and its nice seeing them execute it.

pivots:lamps mikel oscar romeu mierles

attacking 3: hazard mata marin rambo kdb.

when u look at that nobody can complain, nobody, went from bulldozing to technique in instant flash. its just a rw was MY preference, but u cant fault what that team looks like on 'paper' just need time to gel!

Chelsea close to signing Brazil's Oscar in £25m transfer deal

• Gifted midfielder set to leave Sport Club Internacional

• Tottenham lose interest, leaving the field clear

http://www.guardian...._medium=twitter

Now the Guardian are reporting it.

They're reporting £25 million but as Eviltwinz said i think it's the media shit stirring.

Also, No excuses for Nando now.

There has been no excuses for him for a year now, people will quote lack of service but Juan Mata was behind him, as far as service goes that's like sleeping with Cheryl Cole with her doing all the work.

when u look at that nobody can complain, nobody, went from bulldozing to technique in instant flash. its just a rw was MY preference, but u cant fault what that team looks like on 'paper' just need time to gel!

I agree with the above, but i think you should wait... im still sure Hulk will leave Porto, and i dont think he has another possible destination but us.

@CarloFan: Guardian say a £38m fee has been agreed in principle between #FCP and #CFC for Hulk but there are complications over his 3rd party ownership

@carlofan is a great twitter feed

Everyone follow him!

@martinmcloone

Wrong thread mate.

yh but kills any chances we go for him. we're not gona spend that much money, even though won UCL, i'd prefer a winger and leave double pivots to lamps, mikel, romeu mierles, and kdb but with this kid our attacking three has lost whatever physicality they were trying to creat in signing a hulk/jovetic.

im not against oscar the signing, but the idea of neglecting rw is something to be noted. maybe kdb can play there (attacking 3) but i'd rather have had that rw and no new cm. than new cm and no rw. i can be wrong, maybe we buy a winger--but nowhere near the hulk level.

RDM/board/roman have plan and its nice seeing them execute it.

Pivot, Romeu...it looks like Barcelona is wanting him back now.

Meireles...please!

Lampard, old and can't be relied for too long. He needs an understudy like A. Cole will be doing for Ryan.

Mikel, yes!

Attacking 3 looks good. Most top teams have a replacement for each position. Does not look bad.

And that's giving the fact that all those players fulfill their potential like KDB and Marin.....Cause if not we are getting another Kalou, Malouda type of player in them!

There has been no excuses for him for a year now, people will quote lack of service but Juan Mata was behind him, as far as service goes that's like sleeping with Cheryl Cole with her doing all the work.

Not true. Look at how few goals Drogba scored this year. I watched nearly every game last season - there was a clear lack of service.

Anyway back to Oscar! £25mil is a hell of a lot for a player who's young and never played in europe. I'd be glad to have another creative/technical player but it's definitely risky business.

Chelsea close to signing Brazil's Oscar in £25m transfer deal

• Gifted midfielder set to leave Sport Club Internacional

• Tottenham lose interest, leaving the field clear

http://www.guardian...._medium=twitter

Now the Guardian are reporting it.

They're reporting £25 million but as Eviltwinz said i think it's the media shit stirring.

At the bottom of the article the guardian also says:

A £38m fee has been agreed in principle between the clubs but there are complications related to Hulk's third party ownership, and over who will pay the monies owing to his investors.

?????

Not true. Look at how few goals Drogba scored this year. I watched nearly every game last season - there was a clear lack of service.

Drogba was in his twilight years, Torres is suppose to be at his peak.

and sorry for going off topic, back to Oscar he will be a fantastic signing, from what ive seen can easily be moulded into that deep lying playmaker we have been craving and lets not forget the re-sale value.