Oscar

themightyblue

De Bruyne won't play a major role in the upcoming season, Marin was signed as a squad player, so let's not refer to him as if he's going to be the first name on the team sheet. Even under the assumption AVB won’t play with set wingers, we still need natural wide men, and then there’s the argument of physicality, having all these similar small technical players gives us little to no balance/dimension. With the Hulk deal in the balance it's somewhat of a mindfuck, that we're supposedly going to splash out on another number 10.

We dont know that yet. Im not saying Marin will be the first name on the team sheet, but he is a winger and a player who is capable of earning a permanent starting role at the club, however as I said earlier, lets not pretend that we are going to play with out and out wingers like Man Utd do. Why do we need natural widemen? I accept that width is important but Mata and Hazard are more than comfortable drifting into wide positions to stretch the opposition and the full backs will always provide width too. Why cant we win with small technically gifted players? Last season Man City won a league with a starting line up mainly containing Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli. Only Balotelli could be described as a physical presence of those players. Hazard, Mata, Marin, Oscar, Torres. Only Torres could be described as a physical presence of those players. Mikel and Lampard are physically imposing players. Terry and Luiz/Cahill are physically imposing players, as are Ivanovic and Cech. No dimensions? Players like Hazard, Mata and Oscar will give us more dimensions than we have ever had before, genuine creativity and ingenuity. Ye Hulk would be great at the club, but if you were giving me the choice between Oscar and Hulk, I would take Oscar every single day of the week, Hulk is a wonderful player, Oscar is very special.

--------------Cech---------------

Iva------Terry------Luiz-----Cole

-----------Mikel/Ramires---------

---------Oscar--------Mata--------

Hulk------------------------Hazard

--------------Torres-----------------

Sub options: Hilario, Marin,Kakuta, Romeu, Cahill,De Bruyne,Sturridge, Bertrand, Hutch

Josh,Lukaku = loan

Malouda, Meireles, Ferreira and even Essien and Lampard could all leave

Unless you can convince the other team to not attack, that won't work at all, the back four are too exposed.

And for the record, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that RDM will drop the 4-2-3-1

Not gonna happen mate. Not gonna happen

Probably not but not impossible with the players we have. He is not the same player and i;ve heard MLS rumours. Its mainly because he will have to be benched next year and I don't know how he will react.

Unless you can convince the other team to not attack, that won't work at all, the back four are too exposed.

And for the record, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that RDM will drop the 4-2-3-1

Di Matteo worked with a squad which he had no say in. We don't know what he will do but when he's looking at these players these are always options.Could play double pivot too:

--------------Cech---------------

Iva------Terry------Luiz-----Cole

--------Mikel---Oscar----------

---------------Mata----------------

Hulk------------------------Hazard

--------------Torres-----------------

Our main problem last year is that our strikers scored a combined 11 goals in the league.

And this also goes back to lack of creativity. How many times did our strikers get free 1 v 1 or easy tap-ins like Rooney and RVP score every week?

I see him more as less of an attacking midfielder and more as a Lampard-esque CM playmaker with an eye for goal. The youtube videos are relatively misleading as they only 10s clips of him smacking in a goal, but they don't really tell the full story of his ability to read play, stretch the pitch, intercept balls etc.

And for those who are worried about the space in the team for him, I think a massive problem we faced last year was squad depth. If we add squad players who are proven (Oscar is a starter for Brazil) but not guaranteed starters, it adds flexibility and tactical strength to our team.

Probably not but not impossible with the players we have. He is not the same player and i;ve heard MLS rumours. Its mainly because he will have to be benched next year and I don't know how he will react.

Di Matteo worked with a squad which he had no say in. We don't know what he will do but when he's looking at these players these are always options.

Lampard wont leave. He is too much of a God here.

Lampard wont leave. He is too much of a God here.

Of the old guns Lampard isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be, we have to admit. I just think at this time, when we have better players, he should know his options will be limited. Don't play by name is what I say, but he will stay a season as other players still need to adapt.

Forget about the formations forget about whether we need him or not right now.

Now we have the chance to sign a 20 year old Brazil national team regular starter, future No.10, at the price of merely 20M pounds in current inflated market, we would be just stupid not to, let alone he is versatile enough to play in the double pivot and right midfield/wing.

I would like to make a bet that if he stays at Internacional this year, his price will be sky high in the near future and all the top clubs will love to secure his services.

Just my 2 cents.

Of the old guns Lampard isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be, we have to admit. I just think at this time, when we have better players, he should know his options will be limited. Don't play by name is what I say, but he will stay a season as other players still need to adapt.

I don't see how he is that much worse than he used to be. He knows he isn't gonna be starting loads of games. He didn't start loads last season yet was still our top scorer with 16 goals and 10 assists. Dont get any better with experience to come on, and no one i would trust more to make an impact in the last 20 mins of a game.

And this also goes back to lack of creativity. How many times did our strikers get free 1 v 1 or easy tap-ins like Rooney and RVP score every week?

They don't score easy tap-ins every week and even when they do, a lot of that is down to excellent positioning. When their teams are attacking, top strikers find themselves space and react quickly. Our strikers didn't. Positioning is a skill as well. Obviously, we needed to get more creative and Hazard helped, but strikers have to score goals. 11 goals in a season is just pathetic.

This move looks like it will happen, and Internacional look like they want Ganso. But if that doesn't happen Chelsea may just loan him for another season too. We can't be sure but I think we shouldn't lose this guy. Look at Neymar's price now when people complained it seems laughable now.

This exact same thing happened last summer, we had a winger crisis, yet signed Lukaku for £18m. Regardless of the 'investment', he was not a necessity, we left our priority signings until the last hours of the window. Oscar isn't a natural winger and he faces stiff competition for the number 10 role. This is £25m that 'should' be going towards the Hulk transfer fee and a right back.

Prioritisation..

Well isn't Marin a winger, that can play as RW or LW?

With Hazard I think he will play as LW, and Marin as RW....

Plus last season we had no change up to Mata. He was always sub to guard him and stuff like that. So someone like Oscar might not be that bad when you think about it.....

I never put Ramires in my lineup, but why we wouldnt play with him on the wing actualy? In case we might lose Hulk, Ramires is very good winger I think. Yes, his passing is not best, but he would be very usefull if we miss on Hulk. A nice addition of his power and pace to technicaly gifted Mata, Marin and Oscar.

They don't score easy tap-ins every week and even when they do, a lot of that is down to excellent positioning. When their teams are attacking, top strikers find themselves space and react quickly. Our strikers didn't. Positioning is a skill as well. Obviously, we needed to get more creative and Hazard helped, but strikers have to score goals. 11 goals in a season is just pathetic.

Sure positioning has something to do with it, but mostly it comes down to the players surrounding the striker.

I saw the majority of RVP's goals last season and many of them were down to brilliant play by likes of Song, Walcott, Arteta or even Gervinho.

Something our strikers did not have. Lampard was always in and out of team (under AVB) and creativity came from only Mata.

Good to see the club striving to change this though, and it should be different next season.