Oscar

themightyblue

Fuck this, I want Hulk and Oscar at Chelsea this summer. They realy played nice together against Denmark, I can easily imagine them together here.

Its so depressing that we cant do shit about, just wait and hope...

Sure positioning has something to do with it, but mostly it comes down to the players surrounding the striker.

I saw the majority of RVP's goals last season and many of them were down to brilliant play by likes of Song, Walcott, Arteta or even Gervinho.

Something our strikers did not have. Lampard was always in and out of team (under AVB) and creativity came from only Mata.

Good to see the club striving to change this though, and it should be different next season.

If your'e going to score 30 goals, you're going to have a lot of easy ones in there, but most teams aren't as creative as Arsenal and their strikers still manage to score. Peter Crouch got 10 goals last season for Stoke. Demba Ba scored 16 for Newcastle. etc...I'm not upset that none of our strikers scored 30 goals, on the team we had, that would have been impossible, it's that they scored 11 combined. You have to create your own chances to score and our strikers almost never did. If you are going to rely entirely on fabulous service, you're just not good enough for the top level. Plenty of players can score if they are given great service, what makes a top striker great is the ability to create their own chances and take them.

It looks like the fee will be 25M Euros which is a lot better than 25M pounds. Still very expensive, but more in the realm of reasonable.

Fuck this, I want Hulk and Oscar at Chelsea this summer. They realy played nice together against Denmark, I can easily imagine them together here.

Its so depressing that we cant do shit about, just wait and hope...

Egg-Zact-Lee!!!! Love and hate transfer market.

Can someone explain me why we need him... he gonna be in the starting line up?...

He is thought to be our replacement to possibly having modric with the ability to hold in a DP role or in a CAM role. He is a great young talent and with it being a bit of a gamble if he takes to the prem could be the next best thing. Better that than tottenham get him for cheap and he turns out to be an amazing star. From what i have seen as limited to several clips on youtube and some brazil matches i have seen, he has great talent and even better potential, and it cant do any harm to have him in our squad.

Can someone explain me why we need him... he gonna be in the starting line up?...

1. Do you think we need Modric? If you do, then you had it figured out already.

2. I dunno if he will be in the starting line-up straight away, but he started for Brazil recently, so you would think that he certainly has the abilities to start for Chelsea.

cant see us getting Hulk if we get him

TBH i cant see us getting hulk atm with or without him. i think the 2 signings are basically mutually exclusive with the exception of the amount of money spent which we know from past experience doesn't seem to be that much of a problem for roman. I think Porto are asking too much and Roman likes to splash the cash though isn't stupid. You don't get that rich by making stupid decisions.

--------------Cech---------------

Iva---------Terry---------Luiz-------Cole

---------------Mikel/Ramires--------------

---------Oscar/Piazon--------Mata------

Hulk--------------------------------Hazard

------------------Torres-----------------

Sub options: Hilario, Marin,Kakuta, Romeu, Cahill,De Bruyne,Sturridge, Bertrand, Hutch

Josh,Lukaku = loan

Malouda, Meireles, Ferreira and even Essien and Lampard could all leave

So just ditch our most consistent performer for the last decade? A Chelsea legend? Jesus what happened to loyalty, people always complain that players are fickle but then how no love in return.

Makes me sad...

Oscar is better than Raul merieles and suits the type of formation we want to play. Ramires is better imo but we cant play him in those 2 deep roles, and as much as i love Super frank, he wont be able to play every game, though i do expect him to be starting a lot of games as he is still IMO one of our best players :wub: . Mikel is the obvious defensive option in the 2. We can also move him forward. If we get him then there is no way he will play wide right, though he can play CAM. if we bought him, given he starts for razil i would fully expect him to be a starter/main rotation as many players will have big roles with the amount of games we have to play in a season.

I guess Roman and Rdm wanted Modric and Hulk. I dont think money was problem, but Modric wanted to go to RM and Spurs didnt want to sell to us. So we dediced to go after Oscar.

That wont matter if we get Hulk or not. As long Porto will sell him to us, we will accept anything below 50mio I guess.

Good buying, we would probably get Oscar for 16-18mio, but we had to offer more than Spurs and it came to 25, which is fair comparing to 40mio for Modric.

Again, I dont see why would this transfer end us buying Hulk aswell.

So just ditch our most consistent performer for the last decade? A Chelsea legend? Jesus what happened to loyalty, people always complain that players are fickle but then how no love in return.

Makes me sad...

Totally agree, especially when he still has great quality. The only downside is his age, but he is still one of the fittest players there is, so who cares how old he is. He can still sit on the bench when he is 40, if he can chip in 10 goals a season. :)