Oscar

themightyblue

I think we need to loan him back to Brazil or to other PL club.

but it's ridiculous to do this to someone who cost 25 Million!

Oh dear lord, it's Brazil NT we are talking about here for god sakes. You can't just simply get picked by luck! He IS a fantastic player already and has a bag of potential to be even greater. You signed a real gem who was one of the best of Brazil NT against Argentina and loan him out?!

Let the club worry about finances. They know how much we can afford to spend and if they want to spend this much then i'd just trust them. The reason we'd sign Oscar is because he can really improve the team should he adapt and another reason being rather than having to fork out 40m in future, we pay half the price now. As has been said, should he come i'd assume he'd be competing/starting in the hole or on the right. He's a direct player too which is a bonus. There's not really many negatives to draw from this transfer because once again, its splendid work by our board

My bad about the 48M. The 20M quoted for Oscar is Euros, i think Henrique clarified that already earlier

25M euros, which is around 20M pounds. Reasonable fee.

Everyone complains that we never buy players and make them superstars ala Tottenham with Modric. Then when the club is on the verge of purchasing a great talent who surely fits the bill, people still find something to complain about. CM or RW, this kid has got serious potential. Let's not miss out on him and then complain when the club wants to buy him from a club like Inter for 50M after 4 years.

Did Hazard and Marin cost 60M pounds? or am i missing something here. Like seriously? Downing, Carroll and Henderson, cost more than Hazard and Marin. I am pretty sure a lot of team spent more than 48M pounds last season, which is what Hazard and Marin cost.

Hazard was £32m and Marin was somewhere between £6m to £8m so together that makes around £40m. A new right-back (Maicon by the looks of it) would be in the region of £6m and it's looking more and more like we're planning to add another attacking player to the mix as well (Oscar, Hulk, Modric or someone else entirely) but I'm fairly sure that it's going to be only one of those and that's it for our transfer business. An income of maybe 10-20m from players sales could be achieved if we managed to ship out Malouda, Benayoun, Meireles and / or Essien for good prices. Obviously getting rid of the surplus players can prove out to be tricky but it's not impossible. So that's somewhat a total of 65-85 million expenditure on new players minus the income from sales and we could be ending up with lower figures than last year and we then had AVB's £13m compensation package paid to Porto in addition to the transfer fees paid for new players.

I like how you cant realy expect how good player

will be, if we buy Hulk everyone will guess he will be star, but could turn to average, while here with players like Oscar, you can see how he grows to best of europe in your club. Something like that is fantastic. I think such signings are worthy double mention, now with Hazard, Mata, Oscar,...we can have truly magnificent team of players we made stars. If there is any other player i would equaly love to sign, its Hulk. I was watching him all time and he fits Chelsea perfectly.

Honestly I think if we signed Messi and Iniesta, some people would still find reason to complain.

We seem to be on the verge of signing a genuinely top prospect, an incredible talent who is only 20 years old. Most people would be absolutely over the moon with this and the prospect of a

Torres

Mata, Oscar, Hazard

forward line next season, instead we get random complaints and sniping, you just cant please some people.

Because that front four would have cost about 125 million pounds and for that price you should be getting world-class players not just excellent potential. I have no problem with signing young talent, but other teams seem to be able to do that for significantly less money.

Up in that twisted little head of mine i can't help but asking myself : Are we packing up the Brazilians in order to lure Neymar to Chelsea? Some seemed to think we had packed the Belgians the same way to lure Hazard.

Anyway nothing serious just a funny thought.

Up in that twisted little head of mine i can't help but asking myself : Are we packing up the Brazilians in order to lure Neymar to Chelsea? Some seemed to think we had packed the @BBCSporf: BREAKING: Jonjo Shelvey extremely pleased to have signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool. http://t.co/kTWsUuZDBelgians the same way to lure Hazard.

Anyway nothing serious just a funny thought.

Yeah gets you thinking though doesn't it!

25M euros, which is around 20M pounds. Reasonable fee.

Everyone complains that we never buy players and make them superstars ala Tottenham with Modric. Then when the club is on the verge of purchasing a great talent who surely fits the bill, people still find something to complain about. CM or RW, this kid has got serious potential. Let's not miss out on him and then complain when the club wants to buy him from a club like Inter for 50M after 4 years.

I totally agree with all you have said, we missed out on Modric, to an extent Hazard and Neymar, all for ridiculously cheap prices with the current inflated market. Then people will come up with excuses A.) Premier League unproven (Mata and Silva have destroyed that myth). B) The history of Brazilians in the premier league; whereas two of our 3 best players last season are Brazilians. If the rumors are true, this is a steal for us, he is a starter in the Brazilian national team, the same one that Ramires doesnt start for, and Lucas Moura who we got a 32M bid turn down for is not a regular starter. People need to learn to appreciate a good deal when they see one, instead of looking for the negatives.

Because that front four would have cost about 125 million pounds and for that price you should be getting world-class players not just excellent potential. I have no problem with signing young talent, but other teams seem to be able to do that for significantly less money.

World class players nowdays cost 40mio+

Just to mention, Ozil cost 10 or 15mio and look how fantastic player he turned to be. He was not world class and yet after two years he is. He came to Real nothing else but very fine prospect and Mou gave him chance in first team. I think getting Oscar for 25 is something similar, yes we will pay more for him, but no top prospect would cost less (Hazard, Neymar, Lucas, Muniain, Gotze,...). If we play him enough with possibly RW regular place, he has all potential to turn like Ozil. And all that in our club. We were buying world class players in Torres, Sheva,...no one gave us what Lamps or Drogba gave. Talent and lots of chances is enough to player like Oscar becomes class.

And give me 4 world class available players, we might get this summer for 125mio?

Give kid a chance, he plays better in Brasil than Lucas in these last matches. As much I would love Hulk on RW, lineup of Torres, Mata, Hazard and Oscar looks as much promising and exciting.

Who? Barcelona aside, what other team has a world class forward line for considerably less money?

For those guys who are wondering how will Oscar fit in our formation.

I'm sure Roberto will slowly convert him into deep lying playmaker and he will share his playing time with Frank. In my opinion this is a really smart move by the club - this guy will be big name in future and for God's sake, he is Brazilian national team player - you don't get there by luck.

Signing of Oscar means no Modrić or any other midfielder this season. Club will still buy one more winger and right back in this transfer window.

with all these new signings i just hope they give ample play time to all the deserving players..we have somebody like lukaku who was supposed to be the second drogba but hasn't got a real chance till now..

lukaku wasnt happy with this and is planning a move on loan or something to other club..

this thing should be checked too..

It's also worth remembering that we got around £50m total earnings from winning the UCL, so in effect, we have yet to really outlay anything this transfer window. Plus with FFP nearly here (and remembering the wording that says a improvement in numbers will result in waived sanctions), now is definitely the time to spend.

Which means the "OH MY GOD WE'VE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY" argument isn't really valid

I for one would LOVE him here. Roman buying exciting, young, world-class talent can only be a good thing for us

Last season, people would have been saying this is exactly the type of signing we need, One year on there is no space for him?! Of course there is, Whether he starts in the centre or is rotated, You can never have too many top quality players. This signing still leaves space for Lampard in the centre, and for people saying we need a deep lying playmaker like Modric, Lampard played that role brilliantly throughout the end of the season, and really with this front four all you need to do is give them the ball. We won't be over reliant on Mata either.

Also, No excuses for Nando now.