Oscar

themightyblue

Still don't see why signing a good quality prospect can be a bad thing. We may not need another cm/Cam as the highest priority but everyone loved the idea of modric. I personally would love to see him here. If reports are to be believed as well a few more of our midfield could be leaving and a lot of our youngsters going out on loan.

If he can play in the double pivot, then it means we have someone who can take the deep lying play maker role to partner alongside Mikel/Romeu. If he can then he can easily get into the first team.

----Mikel/Romeu----Oscar-------

--Marin/Ramires-----Mata-----Hazard----------

--------------------Torres-----------------------------

I guess Roman and Rdm wanted Modric and Hulk. I dont think money was problem, but Modric wanted to go to RM and Spurs didnt want to sell to us. So we dediced to go after Oscar.

That wont matter if we get Hulk or not. As long Porto will sell him to us, we will accept anything below 50mio I guess.

Good buying, we would probably get Oscar for 16-18mio, but we had to offer more than Spurs and it came to 25, which is fair comparing to 40mio for Modric.

Again, I dont see why would this transfer end us buying Hulk aswell.

Because Chelsea are already at around 60M pounds spent this transfer period and are certainly going to go for a RB as well. Right now, we've already spent more than any club last season except City and us. And you can't compare Oscar to Modric. Modric is a top player in the Premier League and has been for years. He is an established top-notch player at the top level. His chances of being an excellent player at any club are about 97%. He'd immediately become one of our best players (40M is still too steep though)l. Oscar is still mostly potential. Is he ready to come in and play immediately? I don't know. The record for Brazilians in the Premier League is pretty spotty and while he has excellent upside, there is also a lot of downside.

Modric is a different thing. he will come and play all the time.

Oscar is still young and unproven... will we throw him to the starting line up from the beginning?.... i doubt it.

Yes he is unproven etc, but he has made it into the brazil team, so they most think he has something, as its not like they don't have any other options that could play there, Lampard could well get the nod ahead of him but either way he would have a role to play.

Totally agree, especially when he still has great quality. The only downside is his age, but he is still one of the fittest players there is, so who cares how old he is. He can still sit on the bench when he is 40, if he can chip in 10 goals a season. :)

His age is a problem but he has avoided major injury and has a great engine. He is also a wonderful passer of the ball, rarely gives the ball away, is good for 10 goals a season and loves the club.

You don't ditch people like that (see Pirlo), you wrap them up in cotton wool and selectively play them when needed (see Scholes and Giggs). They are also the gel which binds squads / clubs together. There experience is invaluable...

Honestly I think if we signed Messi and Iniesta, some people would still find reason to complain.

We seem to be on the verge of signing a genuinely top prospect, an incredible talent who is only 20 years old. Most people would be absolutely over the moon with this and the prospect of a

Torres

Mata, Oscar, Hazard

forward line next season, instead we get random complaints and sniping, you just cant please some people.

His age is a problem but he has avoided major injury and has a great engine. He is also a wonderful passer of the ball, rarely gives the ball away, is good for 10 goals a season and loves the club.

You don't ditch people like that (see Pirlo), you wrap them up in cotton wool and selectively play them when needed (see Scholes and Giggs). They are also the gel which binds squads / clubs together. There experience is invaluable...

Yep, and when its lampard as well who is the biggest legend this club has, you especially don't ditch them. And lampard is better than both those united pricks.

Modric, Moutinho,...were all too expensive, I think Rdm wanted cm and we got him. To pay 25mio just to sit on bench is too much. I think Robbie sure has plans for him. Perhaps even as RW. But anyway we can get Hulk too. I guess we got more than 100mio from Cl win and probably we can afford that.

I think we need to loan him back to Brazil or to other PL club.

but it's ridiculous to do this to someone who cost 25 Million!

Not gonna happen for that money. With Lukaku, it was different, but if Oscar can play in national team against best team of Argentina, Denmark etc, I simply trust him. Robbie simply wouldnt put 25mio for sub player.

Because Chelsea are already at around 60M pounds spent this transfer period and are certainly going to go for a RB as well. Right now, we've already spent more than any club last season except City and us. And you can't compare Oscar to Modric. Modric is a top player in the Premier League and has been for years. He is an established top-notch player at the top level. His chances of being an excellent player at any club are about 97%. He'd immediately become one of our best players (40M is still too steep though)l. Oscar is still mostly potential. Is he ready to come in and play immediately? I don't know. The record for Brazilians in the Premier League is pretty spotty and while he has excellent upside, there is also a lot of downside.

Did Hazard and Marin cost 60M pounds? or am i missing something here. Like seriously? Downing, Carroll and Henderson, cost more than Hazard and Marin. I am pretty sure a lot of team spent more than 48M pounds last season, which is what Hazard and Marin cost.

Did Hazard and Marin cost 60M pounds? or am i missing something here. Like seriously? Downing, Carroll and Henderson, cost more than Hazard and Marin. I am pretty sure a lot of team spent more than 48M pounds last season, which is what Hazard and Marin cost.

I was counting Oscar as well which would bring the total to around 60M. (Hazard 32, Marin 8, Oscar 20) Liverpool got Caroll a year and a half ago, not last year. And Hazard and Marin cost 40M between them, not 48 and only 5 teams spent that much last year..

I was counting Oscar as well which would bring the total to around 60M. (Hazard 32, Marin 8, Oscar 20) Liverpool got Caroll a year and a half ago, not last year. And Hazard and Marin cost 40M between them, not 48 and only 5 teams spent that much last year..

My bad about the 48M. The 20M quoted for Oscar is Euros, i think Henrique clarified that already earlier