Oscar

themightyblue

He was really persistent today .. was unlucky on several occasions; shouldve scored tho

Don't understand why Benitez doesn't want to give him a rest... with Marko and Victor on the bench and our punishing schedule, dont see why Rafa, who talks so much about managing the side didnt take off Oscar and put on Marin instead of taking off Ba and putting on Torres..

I agree. Oscar should play in the middle.... However, I think his wing play has improved immensely since the beginning of the year.

Oscar is just not good in the wing. And mata is good enough there, so if both of them are playing together, then I think oscar should play in the center and mata moves to the wing.

He was really persistent today .. was unlucky on several occasions; shouldve scored tho

Don't understand why Benitez doesn't want to give him a rest... with Marko and Victor on the bench and our punishing schedule, dont see why Rafa, who talks so much about managing the side didnt take off Oscar and put on Marin instead of taking off Ba and putting on Torres..

when subs arent made till almost 80minutes those coming off arent really getting any rest

Oscar is just not good in the wing. And mata is good enough there, so if both of them are playing together, then I think oscar should play in the center and mata moves to the wing.

But the problems remain. 1) Mata can play the wing but is less effective there. 2) Moving your best player to accommodate someone else is generally not a good idea. 3) Mata and Hazard still drift into the middle which means that we have a real lack of width. 4) Neither Mata or Hazard are good defenders which means when playing against teams with any wing play, we'd be incredibly vulnerable.

But the problems remain. 1) Mata can play the wing but is less effective there. 2) Moving your best player to accommodate someone else is generally not a good idea. 3) Mata and Hazard still drift into the middle which means that we have a real lack of width. 4) Neither Mata or Hazard are good defenders which means when playing against teams with any wing play, we'd be incredibly vulnerable.

Spot on on your points. But I still think we've always played our best football this season with oscar in the center and hazard and mata in the wings. Especially during RDM's reign.

Spot on on your points. But I still think we've always played our best football this season with oscar in the center and hazard and mata in the wings. Especially during RDM's reign.

For sure, against Spurs away in particular. Still best performance of the season

mata is not less effective as a winger,he was performing just as well as he is now under RDM

He is less effective as a winger because he can't dictate play the same way and isn't in the same positions to score (unless he drifts into the middle like he did under AVB in which case, he still dictates play, but vacates the wing.Mata is actually on his worst streak of the season (aside from the first few games which we all give him a pass for because of how tired he was). In his last five games (4 starts) he has 0 goals and 0 assists.

But Mata isnt playing as a winger atm

even if Mata does perform worse wide,we should play Mazacar with Oscar in the middle since we will perform better than with Oscar on the wing

I've thought for a while that we'd have to pick between Mata and Oscar for that number 10 spot, and Oscar is really staking a claim for it. I love Mata, but I've always felt that Oscar could become one of the best players in the world. If he can bring his Brazil form to this team when he plays in the centre then I think we should commit to him as our central playmaker behind a striker.