Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar lost his father, a fine amateur footballer turned furniture salesman in Americana, at the age of three – Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Sr was killed in a car accident – and has pursued his own professional career so vigorously "because of him".

Wow, never knew that. A strong, independent young man he must be. Maturity beyond his years.

I have the utmost respect for Oscar and do think he is a very very good, if not sublime talent.

Sometimes , however, I feel that there is a bandwagon effect on Oscars performances at this moment imo. I found him excellent at times, but in 2013 also average against Arsenal, Reading, Sparta (return game), Man City and Steau. In 2012 he just wasn't there yet, mainly due to being played out of position a lot but not always! Eg on whoscored it is indicated he started 18 times in the AMC role versus 6 on the flanks. So I take the played out of position argument with a pinch of salt. What is fact, is that he really is unsuited whenever he WAS played on the flanks. Fair enough. He will be brilliant on the AMC, but it is too early I believe to be overly optimistic.

May it is because he is a brazilian AMC and everyone loves those guys (including me). I prefer to be carefull and stick to facts.

Again, he is one of my favorites on the team, but I still expect a LOT more of him (like I do of Hazard as well - I do not forget it is both their first year and they are both young, even though that argument appears to be unusable in the Hazard thread without gettng your ass kicked :-)

He will rock next year, but he will have to adapt. Mata, Hazard and even KDB are here for a while too, so having all the space for himself in order to 'shine' might be an illusion.

Ok. Now let's see how I get hammered on having an opinion :-)

I have the utmost respect for Oscar and do think he is a very very good, if not sublime talent.

Sometimes , however, I feel that there is a bandwagon effect on Oscars performances at this moment imo. I found him excellent at times, but in 2013 also average against Arsenal, Reading, Sparta (return game), Man City and Steau. In 2012 he just wasn't there yet, mainly due to being played out of position a lot but not always! Eg on whoscored it is indicated he started 18 times in the AMC role versus 6 on the flanks. So I take the played out of position argument with a pinch of salt. What is fact, is that he really is unsuited whenever he WAS played on the flanks. Fair enough. He will be brilliant on the AMC, but it is too early I believe to be overly optimistic.

May it is because he is a brazilian AMC and everyone loves those guys (including me). I prefer to be carefull and stick to facts.

Again, he is one of my favorites on the team, but I still expect a LOT more of him (like I do of Hazard as well - I do not forget it is both their first year and they are both young, even though that argument appears to be unusable in the Hazard thread without gettng your ass kicked :-)

He will rock next year, but he will have to adapt. Mata, Hazard and even KDB are here for a while too, so having all the space for himself in order to 'shine' might be an illusion.

Ok. Now let's see ow I get hammered on haing an opinion :-)

Do you want to be buried or cremated ^__^ ?

He clearly one of the best in lifting his teammates spirit and morale.

Luiz needs to fucking focus on his own ability rather than talking about anyone else's. He is far too inconsistent and is error prone that needs to be changed if we are thinking about making him captain.

Luiz needs to fucking focus on his own ability rather than talking about anyone else's. He is far too inconsistent and is error prone that needs to be changed if we are thinking about making him captain.

Yet he's captaining Brazil.

Ugh...there's no point really, but what the hell. Nobody, and I mean, nobody with any knowledge of football thinks David Luiz at this point in time is a world class defensive midfielder. Luiz has played about 5 games at the position Even if they were five fantastic games, that's not enough games to be considered a top class player. Javi Martinez has nothing to do with this discussion. He's a very good defensive midfielder for years in La Liga so he is not unproven at all. HMartinez' price tag and Luiz's quality as a defensive midfielder are not even remotely related in any way. It's like your comparing a a rhinoceros to a bag of twizzlers and saying "see!!!" No, I don't see.

English- "Emerging" as in "upcoming". I never wrote about luiz being a world class DM. I see the miss-communication do you???

Captain?, if we ever return to our title challenging ways, HE won't be in the first team.

I completely disagree, but each one to their own. Apparently even being a starting CB for Brazil isn't good enough for our first team. I know people will never look beyond Luiz mistakes and always tend to over exaggerate them so yeah like I said, each one to their own.

I'm honestly shocked that people are questioning Oscar's abilities to perform at high level. Why is he selected for the Selecao? Because of his grande reputation? He isn't Kaká or Ronaldinho he can't be selected for his repuation, the only leg he has to stand on his skill.

I completely disagree, but each one to their own. Apparently even being a starting CB for Brazil isn't good enough for our first team. I know people will never look beyond Luiz mistakes and always tend to over exaggerate them so yeah like I said, each one to their own.

Top players can make 'mistakes', yes.. but we've had long enough to realise that's just his intrinsically erratic playing style.

Mats Hummels needs to be the marquee summer signing, make Dortmund an offer they can't refuse, Chalobah/Ake can look to replace Terry long term.