Oscar

themightyblue

No need to take my post word for word. You get the idea of my post and there's no need to convince me even more pro-Oscar. Can't see why did you jump down my throat?

No I wasn't jumping down your throat mate, I was on about the guy who said Oscar is the new Kalou :P sorry if you thought I did!

How come?

WTF???

A bit unfair?! Absolutely ludicrous statement to make in the first place. Kalou was never as naturally talented as Oscar is right now.

Oscar needs a manager that'll develop him properly. He will turn into a beast of a player that way.

For a few weeks now Oscar is just not making any sort of impact, losing the ball, trying to many fancy flicks that are not coming off, getting shoved off the ball quite a few times. He is quality when he has a run of possession and has great talent not denying that but seems to be contributing as much as kalou did when he was here lately. It may be because he is playing out wide i'm not sure but he didn't impress either in that Brazil vs England apart from that 1 cross.

I think its more he's asked to be far far far more aware defensively in the EPL for us, whereas for Brazil he just looked focused on making things happen going forward not worrying about defensive side of things.

Still think he's in the wrong league :)

Well, oscar's statistics in chelsea right now is equivalent to lampard's first two seasons at chelsea and lampard was age 24 after his second season with chelsea having previously played for w/ham and swansea. Oscar will be 22 in his second season. For me that says how good oscar can be when he settles in. We all know what a player lampard turned out to be. Am just saying.

Remember the commotion on Hazards performance on his thread? I truly think we are being unpatient with young players a lot (btw agreeing that oscar did not really 'shine' this pl season).

And I think thats what the 'youngens' need actually.

Maybe this just the eye opener Rafa needs to realize that Oscar belongs in the middle of the pitch with the freedom to go forward when the opportunity presents itself rather than wasting his talent out wide on the wing.

With Hazard and Moses coming back this should be the case. Though knowing this twit of a manager, he'll go back to benching him like he did when he took over.

Just imagine what some Mourinho coaching could do for the likes of Oscar and Hazard. Stuff of dreams.

Maybe this just the eye opener Rafa needs to realize that Oscar belongs in the middle of the pitch with the freedom to go forward when the opportunity presents itself rather than wasting his talent out wide on the wing.

With Hazard and Moses coming back this should be the case. Though knowing this twit of a manager, he'll go back to benching him like he did when he took over.

Just imagine what some Mourinho coaching could do for the likes of Oscar and Hazard. Stuff of dreams.

I think the opposite. Since when did Mourinho let his players free to roam around the pitch? He demands defensive solidity and shape. Hazard is developing very well but Oscar isn't yet. I don't think it's down to coaching, I think it's that the role Oscar would be best in, is already taken by a superior player (Mata). By saying he belongs in the middle of the pitch, you are moving Mata out to the wing and where does Hazard go? Right wing? You are going to de-emphasize our two best offensive players for a player who hasn't scored a goal from open play yet in the league? It's up to Oscar to adapt his game rather than Chelsea changing our entire lineup to suite him.

I think the opposite. Since when did Mourinho let his players free to roam around the pitch? He demands defensive solidity and shape. Hazard is developing very well but Oscar isn't yet. I don't think it's down to coaching, I think it's that the role Oscar would be best in, is already taken by a superior player (Mata). By saying he belongs in the middle of the pitch, you are moving Mata out to the wing and where does Hazard go? Right wing? You are going to de-emphasize our two best offensive players for a player who hasn't scored a goal from open play yet in the league? It's up to Oscar to adapt his game rather than Chelsea changing our entire lineup to suite him.

By in the middle of the pitch I was referring to Lampard's position. He's everything we want Lamps to be right now. Offers creativity and vision and tracks back well and isn't shy to put a tackle in. That's where I see him when Frank moves on.

I see no reason why oscar and mata can't play in turns in the same position after all mata can't play all the time and we need 2 good players for every position its just that oscar is also versatile that's why he is being used in other positions too.

Seems that Oscar has just learned what is a 'backheel' before yesterday's game. The amount of times he backheeled the ball in the first half against Wigan was just crazy! :lol:

I said that at half time - he could have had a 5 minute long compilation from that game containing only backheels.

Seems that Oscar has just learned what is a 'backheel' before yesterday's game. The amount of times he backheeled the ball in the first half against Wigan was just crazy! :lol:

Shut up, he was only trying to achieve the 8 backheel in a game acomplishment on FIFA Virtual Pro.