Oscar

themightyblue

I hope Mata and Hazard will have a part in it too, along with Azpi

One of the positives of this young team as there are a lot who can make up the team in the coming years, however i was picking 1 player from gk,def,mid,st, and i had to include oscar as i am in the oscar thread lol. :D

Hello, I have a question...

Do you guys worry that Oscar will leave Chelsea for either Real or Barca. I know that both teams rate Oscar very highly and a few posters here mentioned he would do a lot better in a different league as well. In Barcelona, quite a few people envision a triplet of Oscar-Thiago-Busquets and I still feel that Oscar will eventually become a world class player

Hello, I have a question...

Do you guys worry that Oscar will leave Chelsea for either Real or Barca. I know that both teams rate Oscar very highly and a few posters here mentioned he would do a lot better in a different league as well. In Barcelona, quite a few people envision a triplet of Oscar-Thiago-Busquets and I still feel that Oscar will eventually become a world class player

Not in the near future. Atm he is no where near being good enough for the starting XI of Real or Barca.

I think first he has to develope into a world class player then we can worry about real and barca.The answer to this question is very simple imo if we are competitive and winning trophies he wont leave but if we become like arsenal and just fight for the 3rd or 4th spot then he will leave no doubt.

It was not a mistake buying another #10. We needed a promissing CAM to "compete" with Mata and add depth to a very important position and we bought Oscar. Imagine if Mata got injured for 2-3 months and we had not bought him, do we play Marin? We need another CAM...

The reason I think you are viewing it as an "unecessary" transfer is because (atm) the wing is getting more and more problematic (no Hazard nor Moses), but the CAM gave us almost no headache. One problem does not cancel the other, we had to fix the wing and the adavanced playmaking spots and we only took care of one of them. We still need a top Winger, but since we didnt buy any, Oscar is having to cover for it.

Now, his price tag was indeed way over the top. The circunstances made it that high though. Oscar was playing for Internacional and they are one of the richest Brazilian Clubs. They didnt want to sell Oscar, they only did because the offer was too good to turn down. It is very hard to judge though, would you let the opportunity to sign a promissing star pass? Some would (and I have no problem with that), but imagine if Spurs had signed him and he had a Juventus game agaisnt us, could you imagine the rage our Board ould get? It is all very complicated and just like Old Harry said, it all comes down to personal opinions.

Ultimately I believe Oscar will become a very good transfer. We will look prety good with Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Moses, KDB/Marin and Top Winger. It will come down to other areas of the field, but this attacking players might turn out quite alright!

First, sorry for the super late response. I've been meaning to get back to you, but I put my initial post up during a procrastination period I was having during essay, they're all done now though! :D

Anyways, I do agree with everything you've said. But I've actually always thought that about Oscar, not just since he's been deployed on the wing (which I think is ridiculous). I've no doubt he will become world class and our attacking-midfielder options are brilliant (especially when KDB returns), but I was just looking at things from a defensive point of view that's all.

I was just posting with JDY there and we were saying we never 'built from the back' and instead, being Chelsea, did it the other way around, and now we're paying for it. I thought that if we bought a quality DLP and/or a DM during the summer instead of Oscar (leaving him until next year maybe?), I would imagine we would be a bit more solid at the back.

Either that, or don't play 4-2-3-1. Stupid pivot. I'd much rather see Oscar and Rami sitting next to Mikel in a 4-3-3. I mean both have great engines and Mikel is...the best we have as a DM sadly!

First, sorry for the super late response. I've been meaning to get back to you, but I put my initial post up during a procrastination period I was having during essay, they're all done now though! :D

Anyways, I do agree with everything you've said. But I've actually always thought that about Oscar, not just since he's been deployed on the wing (which I think is ridiculous). I've no doubt he will become world class and our attacking-midfielder options are brilliant (especially when KDB returns), but I was just looking at things from a defensive point of view that's all.

I was just posting with JDY there and we were saying we never 'built from the back' and instead, being Chelsea, did it the other way around, and now we're paying for it. I thought that if we bought a quality DLP and/or a DM during the summer instead of Oscar (leaving him until next year maybe?), I would imagine we would be a bit more solid at the back.

Either that, or don't play 4-2-3-1. Stupid pivot. I'd much rather see Oscar and Rami sitting next to Mikel in a 4-3-3. I mean both have great engines and Mikel is...the best we have as a DM sadly!

The problem with playing a 4-3-3 is that mata doesn't fit anywhere there. Oscar is a player that thrives when the team is centered around him. When all the passes go through him, he is at his best.

He reminds me of fabregas, when in arsenal he was the main creator and he peformed well. But in barcelona, xavi and iniesta are first before him so he is not the same level as in arsenal.

Oscar in brazil is the mata of brazil. They pass to him and make a run expecting a brilliant return pass. Hazard did well to play that way with oscar when he came on which led to 2 clean chances and a goal.

Dimatteo managed to rotate him and mata centrally, and he played well But now, mata is the main man in chelsea so, he will not have everything centered around him unfortunately.

My man of the match yesterday. Think that the Aké performance last night has been seriously over-rated, though he played well. He was our most consistent attacking threat and did a good job defensively.

Off topic but it's what happens when people see youth players make the step up. Didn't watch the game but I'm sure Ake had a very solid game but if Mikel had a game like that no one would even comment on it. People are naturally more lenient with new players/youngsters but its fine, I'm glad Nathan made a solid debut.

Off topic but it's what happens when people see youth players make the step up. Didn't watch the game but I'm sure Ake had a very solid game but if Mikel had a game like that no one would even comment on it. People are naturally more lenient with new players/youngsters but its fine, I'm glad Nathan made a solid debut.

If Mikel had a game like that he would get praise. I'm sure some people will say he always has games like that, but Backstreet will probably tell you Torres meant to score with his back last night.

Oscar had a great game, but the more I see him excel in the central role the more I think we're coming to a point where we'll have to choose between him and Mata. When he plays like this, everything goes through him. He works that central channel from the centre circle to the opposition's box and keeps everything ticking along.

If Mikel had a game like that he would get praise. I'm sure some people will say he always has games like that, but Backstreet will probably tell you Torres meant to score with his back last night.

Oscar had a great game, but the more I see him excel in the central role the more I think we're coming to a point where we'll have to choose between him and Mata. When he plays like this, everything goes through him. He works that central channel from the centre circle to the opposition's box and keeps everything ticking along.

oh really!!.. di matteo, used to play a trident of hazard, oscar ( in the middle), mata. only if.....