Oscar

themightyblue

Mata, Oscar and Hazard all took chances to play through the middle, especially the former two. Oscar and Mata were interchanging a lot, sometimes you'd find Oscar on the left or right wing, likewise with Mata. They all pretty much have free roles.

Yes we don't have real width but this is the best way we as a team can play. If we need to change it up we always have Moses available.

Spot on on your points. But I still think we've always played our best football this season with oscar in the center and hazard and mata in the wings. Especially during RDM's reign.

Not really. None of them really have a fixed position under RDM. All three rotated their positions throughout matches and the opponent couldn't handle them. And this also of course led to the problem defensively as there wasn't enough defensive work from whichever of those 2 at wide positions when the ball gets turned over.

Not really. None of them really have a fixed position under RDM. All three rotated their positions throughout matches and the opponent couldn't handle them. And this also of course led to the problem defensively as there wasn't enough defensive work from whichever of those 2 at wide positions when the ball gets turned over.

Yes they rotated, but oscar was mainly the middle man. He applied pressure to pirlo and arteta and we usually had a lot of possesion then because of his work rate. We also outscored opponents with torres. Now we have ba, so if they get a better understanding with ba, we will be even better than then.

Yes they rotated, but oscar was mainly the middle man. He applied pressure to pirlo and arteta and we usually had a lot of possesion then because of his work rate. We also outscored opponents with torres. Now we have ba, so if they get a better understanding with ba, we will be even better than then.

Not really. Mata was the main fella playing in the hole. Oscar only played there like in the games you pointed out Juventus and Arsenal but for the rest of it, he pretty much played out wide, looking to come inside and combine with Mata and Hazard.

I've thought for a while that we'd have to pick between Mata and Oscar for that number 10 spot, and Oscar is really staking a claim for it. I love Mata, but I've always felt that Oscar could become one of the best players in the world. If he can bring his Brazil form to this team when he plays in the centre then I think we should commit to him as our central playmaker behind a striker.

Agreed. Been thinking for a while that Mata might be a hindrance to Oscar's development as a player in this current system.

Where Oscar excelled for Brazil in the games I saw was basically running that central channel and moving the ball forward by bringing wider players into the game. You have to build the team around him (literally) for him to shine in my opinion.

Mata is a great player, but I think Oscar has the potential to be a real worldie.

Definitely. I like to think when Oscar is Mata's age he will comfortably be the better player because it means he will have fulfilled his potential. I like Mata, he's a great little player but Oscar looks special. I much preferred Mata drifting inside as opposed to it being his starting position.

Initially I thought Oscar would be groomed in a deeper role but having watched him all season as a cam, that would be a waste.

I'm with you on that one. I'd much rather look to Ake and Chalobah to play in the double pivot and have Oscar as the No.10 in the future.

NO!!!!!!!!!! simple.

Good response.............

Fact is, on the wing he is wasted and it doesn't seem like Mata will be moved to the wing. He has massive potential centrally and his range of passing is something we'll need in a deeper position. Perfect Lamps replacement