Oscar

themightyblue

Wow! Thats exactly the kind of player I want on the pivot. Completly dominated the game. I was amazed on how Rambo and Oscar looked more solid than Romeu and Mikel, even though none of them are defensive midfielders. Would love to see that pairing again :)

I must admit, I was sceptic about how small this team might be in strong league, but now I see other teams have strong players and we have the beautiful game. All these talents properly evolving and playing lot, we could have next era even better than Lamps, Drogba and Terry one. Fix the defence and attack and we are on top.

This.

I like the fact that he can really put the foot in ,,,,They called Solsjaer the baby faced assassin ,,,Oscar is the Baby faced Exterminator

He really isn't afraid to get stuck in and square with another player despite his slight frame and looking lightweight. Gotta love how he owned Nani last night! :lol:

Brazil does a pitty job in physical training. It is absolutely shameful. Our players arent weak, but they only get a decent body type when they go to Europe.

Robinho, Pato and Kaka are all recent examples...

Oscar has made a big statement today. HE CAN BE A VERY GOOD PIVOT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE! Chelsea will need to make him a better physical player, he still has the "Brazilian Weak Look" in him. We know he has all the talent necessary and is not afraid of any contact.

Really changed the game yesterday, but I'm still not sold on him for the pivot role tbh. Let's not forget that utd were playing with 9 men behind the ball and relying on counters. I think he can be helpful there if we need a goal, but I would not start him there in a tough match.

I can dream of a double pivot with Oscar and KDB right now...

Against weaker sides, maybe however I think we need energy, strength and a more defensive minded player like Rambo/Mikel in there. I see a lot of people here are praising Oscar's performance from a deeper position and even suggesting that should be his normal position...C'mon now, that spot should be reserved for KDB and/or Josh. Oscar is fine as a roaming no.10.